Necro this thread!

JakeVH

The basic premise is this: Whoever necro's this thread after the longest amount of time gets the most points! You must wait a week after the last post before posting to get any points, and every day after that adds one point. For example, if you post on this thread on the 19th of March (if no one else has posted) then you would get 1 point. If you posted on the 20th (if no one else has posted), you would get 2 points. But if someone had posted on the 13th, then you post on the 19th it wouldn't count. (today is the 12th) You would have to post on the 20th (one week after the post on the 13th) to get a point. Your points don't stack with each other (you can't get 5 points by posting once every week, it would just be 5 posts of 1 point.) and anyone who gets points will be added to the hall of fame. You must pm me or otherwise alert me that you have gotten a point and should be in the hall of fame.

Hall of fame:

-

-

-

-

-

Are you really sure you want that? I'm pretty sure the system would perma-ban you for racking up 50 infraction points at once.

But then I'd appeal by pointing out that I never actually did break the rules.

Besides, we're not playing with your points, we're playing with Jake's.

So have you guys heard about that thing with the stuff, and the things?

That thing? That was amazing! Remember when he did that thing that nobody expected him to do and that thing totally changed the world for the better!?

Are you really sure you want that? I'm pretty sure the system would perma-ban you for racking up 50 infraction points at once.

I'm pretty sure it would only do that if you didn't put a time limit on it.

But then I'd appeal by pointing out that I never actually did break the rules.

There is no appeal, even if you hadn't broken the No Mod Sass rule.

There is no appeal, even if you hadn't broken the No Mod Sass rule.

Define "sass". Besides, we're not supposed to necro threads, so all I did was make some general snark about winning the thread if this ridiculous thread game was stopped before it started.

It will be. Threads (Minus kitty jail) are always forgotten or get locked. The mods normally give mercy to threads like these.

kitty jail is like the phoenix, once it goes down the shitter and burns, but after a while it reincarnates with renewed vigor.

Besides, we're not supposed to necro threads...

Please feel free to tell me where it says that.

Quote from the Rules Thread:

"A Note on Thread Necromancy

We've been getting quite a lot of reports lately of people "necroing" old, threads, this is not actually against the forums rules.

The only time you need to report a necro is if it's particularly low effort (Responding to a thread that's long long dead with nothing but "Me too" or, "help pls" etc) since that actually violates a rule.

Understand that it is a faux pas to resurrect a very dead thread without good reason however and mods reserve the right to punish for lack of good sense."

"A Note on Thread Necromancy

We've been getting quite a lot of reports lately of people "necroing" old, threads, this is not actually against the forums rules.

The only time you need to report a necro is if it's particularly low effort (Responding to a thread that's long long dead with nothing but "Me too" or, "help pls" etc) since that actually violates a rule.

Understand that it is a faux pas to resurrect a very dead thread without good reason however and mods reserve the right to punish for lack of good sense."

Note the underline.

Besides, the forum I help moderate has a similar rule about necroing. Again, note the underline. (re: Twisted Kaiju Theater forums )

B. Necro-posting is discouraged. If you don't know what that is, it means posting in a thread that has been inactive for one month. Anything under that limit is acceptable, though you would be best served to have something worthwhile to say.

In otherwords, there's no good reason to have a "game" thread based on necroing itself, since that encourages low-effort postings since there's even no topic to speak of.

Some forums have a "forum games" section, where low effort games consisting mostly of puns, short jokes and numbering are allowed... It's just that there's been a few of those games that have come up, and I feel they aren't quite in their place in off topic discussion, since they're not really discussion. My 2 cents. Or rather five, since we Canadians don't have pennies anymore. :canada: