Here I am again

xxPandaz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh em gee rofl lol 1337 speak bros. TTYL losers.

On topic: I'm glad something worked for you. Sometimes I have brain farts where I can't understand simple things, and then it suddenly comes together. If a really long explanation (one I didn't bother to read) works for you, I'm happy for you.

oh em gee rofl lol 1337 speak bros. TTYL losers.

On topic: I'm glad something worked for you. Sometimes I have brain farts where I can't understand simple things, and then it suddenly comes together. If a really long explanation (one I didn't bother to read) works for you, I'm happy for you.

haha thanks, i'm still working on it to be honest, i'm just relaxing on skype with some friends atm.

Man, rofl. If you wanted to be a mod to correct people or make them seem stupid or whatever, go on youtube. I'm getting rather tired of seeing you comment my stuff, the help was appreciated but it's not even help anymore.

listen man, you don't need my help to seem stupid. you are doing just fine on your own.

It's the point of the matter that mods are not supposed to act like this, what I am is not what I stated.

Tell us, then. How are mods supposed to act on this forum?

Just asking, since you're an expert on how to run the Technic Forums and all.

Did anyone ask you? I was stating moderators are not supposed to act like complete jerks when someone needs help, along with you wanting to act right along with them. Can someone close this damn thread.

Aren't they? This is the Technic Forums. We don't like self-entitled folks who think mods are supposed to be passive mothers to them, coddle them, and calm them down from their tantrums.

If someone needs help and asks for it in an idiotic manner, or, dear goodness help me, demands it, we mock them until they learn to not be an ass or leave. It's an effective tool to keep the forums clean of those undesirables.

Now, on to your question: Did anyone ask me? They didn't have to, since this was posted on a public thread in the forum. I'm perfectly allowed to throw in my two cents - if you have a problem with the way a moderator (Or anyone) behaves, and want to discuss it with them in private, we have private messages to ensure not everybody can read and respond to what you say.

Rofl, christ you people are just wanting to fight on a forum, obviously I did not mean that was supposed to be the way they acted. When you are a customer for a store, you come there for service and the people, if the people are assholes, then obviously your going to file a complaint on how you were treated.

So for that, just don't bother commenting back, you guys are just trying to push up your ego or something and this isn't how I'm going to spend my Saturday.

Rofl, christ you people are just wanting to fight on a forum, obviously I did not mean that was supposed to be the way they acted. When you are a customer for a store, you come there for service and the people, if the people are assholes, then obviously your going to file a complaint on how you were treated.

So for that, just don't bother commenting back, you guys are just trying to push up your ego or something and this isn't how I'm going to spend my Saturday.

Too bad mods aren't paid employees, they're volunteers, and this isn't a store. Oh and you didn't pay for Technic, or the ability to easily (Although not idiot-proof) build your own modpack.

As for the rest, see my above post.

Well I didn't read it, but he seemed happy with it.

I'll just go ahead and pull some quotes from it.

Now, this may confuse some people who are newer to installation of software, but you must make sure to follow the installation process and not the uninstallation process, otherwise you would create a catastrophic error and you may be left severely confused, for the instructions will instruct you to perform actions that cannot be performed without the prerequisite steps the installation instructions you hypothetically failed to find would have provided.

In the folders created by the "unarchiving" process, there will be several files called "Java Class Files". In the spirit of this tutorial, I would normally explain what these are and how they work, but as I am limited on time I will be forced not to. What a shame this is.

While this step may indeed be "simple" for a seasoned mod installating veteran, a new user will most likely be confused by such terminology.

Now, we are going to deviate slightly from the normal installation tutorials provided by the creators of mods - we will be archiving these files as "Modpack.jar" instead of "Minecraft.jar", as this file will not contain the main installation of the game itself- distributing that would be piracy, a terrible, horrible, evil, vile, disgusting, putrid act that clearly only the most terrible, horrible, evil, vile, disgusting, putrid people would ever have reason to perform.

(remember, Modpack, not Minecraft- naming it Minecraft will overwrite your game install and cause Minecraft to crash upon loading your pack, wasting your time, which I know is valuable and would never wish to be spent on irrelevant or redundant explanations or actions. That is, of course why I am making this tutorial - to explain to the "layman", as some would say, the actions necessary for the installation of packs as quickly and easily as possible)

Also be sure that its name is exceptionally clear, or confusion may lead you to upload another file by mistake, which in a worst case scenario may cause embarrassment, rejection from society, imprisonment, and, worst of all, your modpack not functioning in the launcher.

Ah, but one would not want to install ducks into their modpack. After all, the cursed waterfowl is known to be the primary source of computer issues when using the Technic launcher.

Wait, what? I've been installing ducks into my Technic launcher since I got it! I haven't had a single problem beyond my worlds getting wiped every few weeks. Well, I supposed there has been a noticeable lack of ground beneath my feet, but that's probably just the Technic launcher itself.

I'll just go ahead and pull some quotes from it.

I read the whole thing when it was first posted, but I wanted to see if anybody else noticed that it was very obviously mocking the OP before posting anything. That was one of the most well orchestrated trolls ever.

Please direct all complaints to my butt.

Dear Cheapshot's Butt,

How are you? I am well. I heard about your recent work in the field of penetration, excellent finesse, my friend. However, this recent 'Platform' shindig has gotten slightly out of hand! There isn't a set of pointlessly verbose instructions, how on earth am I supposed to compile my own set of mods (or 'modpack', as I affectionately refer to it)? And when I asked for more guidance, one of your moderators was very rude to me, telling me I should stop being so incredibly dense! Can you imagine? I'm not sure he's even human, he might be a cat. I'm not sure I can approve of inter-species moderating.

Love,