0.6.1 Update - Questions/Discussion

marble

http://tekkitlite.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog

^ Linked from another thread and me still having questions I want to see if anyone knows.

I heard in this update Batboxes and Transformers got removed and it does indeed say "Removed IC2-Transformers"

Meaning, when updated there were several items that vanished. Now I can do more investigation into this later but meanwhile I'd like to get this thread posted. I have the old launcher running our server's current build to log in and the new launcher running the new version for singleplayer.

ID of Batbox = 227, same for both... seeing as I actually saw it still existed? I am so confused. Any answers or discussion would be appreciated guys/gals.

Edit: It appears it was only the "IC2-Transformers" Like the pneumatic generators and electric engines (that were glitchy as it was) were removed (total of 8 items).

I've still got all my batboxes currently, and I updated yesterday. There was no issues except the loss of IC2 Transformers, but I was expecting that, from the previous edition. Still waiting on my users to tell me what they are missing, but I doubt it'll be too much of a change

I updated launcher yesterday and now I cannot access the multiplayer. I get a message with a long list of mods that it says I do not have. I can access the single player.

I did not back up mu file before updating.

Will I ever be able to get back yo my old multiplayer world?

Seeing as this is a general thread for any questions concerning the update may I ask does anyone know why my server now spawns FAR less mobs? Literally we find more diamonds than mobs now and I set the server to its highest difficulty (3) and still we rarely find a single mob. Could this be a cause of the conversion from 5.7 to 6.1? What is going on?

I updated launcher yesterday and now I cannot access the multiplayer. I get a message with a long list of mods that it says I do not have. I can access the single player.

Multiplayer as in a server you were playing on? If they haven't updated and you have you can't play unless you downgrade.

And thanks Nirreln, that link cleared up a lot! I had seen that link when I googled what was removed but wasn't sure if I found the right link.

Seeing as this is a general thread for any questions concerning the update may I ask does anyone know why my server now spawns FAR less mobs? Literally we find more diamonds than mobs now and I set the server to its highest difficulty (3) and still we rarely find a single mob. Could this be a cause of the conversion from 5.7 to 6.1? What is going on?

This usually has to do with the view-distance setting in the the server.properties file. I've got it set to 10 chunks which seems pretty good.

Your Tekkit Lite version needs to match the server. So if you updated, and the server didn't then you need to change your version back using the modpack options:

SQxu8TP.gif

You can Manually select whatever version the server runs and the Technic Platform launcher will automatically grab all the correct software.

Tip: Don't try updating an existing Tekkit Lite world to version 0.6.1 unless you are okay with items disappearing.

I don't know enough about this problem to provide any answers, but lots of things went missing when I tried. Assets (both in chests and placed blocks) from IC2, Redpower2, and Mystcraft disappeared. I was able to restore Mystcraft linking books using the tools that come with Mystcraft, but I had to manually restore all the other assets. Mod assets from some other mods were not affected. e.g. Buildcraft, Powerconverters.

Perhaps this has something to do with changing item ids in forge?

it just dosent do anything, it just says latest and not 0.5.7

"It" being the modpack options on the launcher? The launcher often fails to fetch modack info from the server. Just wait a couple minutes and restart the launcher to recache the version list. Best practice is to stick fast with a particular version.

This usually has to do with the view-distance setting in the the server.properties file. I've got it set to 10 chunks which seems pretty good.

Well i had mine on 8 before for 5.7 and it worked wonderfully. However I did take your advice and boosted it up to 15 for my 6.1, but it seems the problem is not fixed at all. I took a look around and found that the nether is fine with its mob spawns. no problems there, same with the end (i think, i haven't looked cause i haven't found it). It's only the overworld that is having this issue. Should I make an entirely new map? Im just unsure as to what I should do right now. People are still bringing this issue to me and I'am still noticing it myself.

Im just unsure as to what I should do right now. People are still bringing this issue to me and I'am still noticing it myself.

Try command /gamerule doMobSpawning

I haven't experienced this problem with a barebones 0.6.1 host. So it could be; some extra plugin setting, the above command, or view distance in server.properties (plus a restart). Otherwise, it could be that your maximum mob count is completely consumed by someone's mob grinder? These structures are silly and unecessary on tekkit hosts.

Try command /gamerule doMobSpawning

I haven't experienced this problem with a barebones 0.6.1 host. So it could be; some extra plugin setting, the above command, or view distance in server.properties (plus a restart). Otherwise, it could be that your maximum mob count is completely consumed by someone's mob grinder? These structures are silly and unecessary on tekkit hosts.

Hmmm... I dont run any plugins so I'am safe on that. Mob grinders? I would not know about that. I guess it's time I had a little peek at everyones stuff to see whats up. Would an excessive amount of zombie pigmen in the nether affect overworld mob spawns at all? I wouldn't think so normally, but I'am terrible with java so I have no clue how these mechanics interact with one another. I will go and check out the players houses and go searching for a while. If push comes to shove should I just delete the world and start it anew? Although the players might get a little annoyed, as things are now it can't get much worse. Without the mobs the players are starting to have a lack if interest =/

*EDIT*

Also I tried the command you mentioned and the first thing it told me was it enabled it (not sure if that means it was disabled before?), and I would like to ask if the players having farms of cows and sheep might also be a reason. If so then that would be why because recently a lot of players have been creating some good sized farms of animals.

SO I was excited because I heard force fields were working in 0.6.1, and in the beginning they where, but what I'm noticing is that if you have several forcefields, controlled by wireless receivers and NOT gates, the shields will bug and not reactivate. I'm tried updating the repulsor config file to lessen the refresh rate, but no dice.

Does anyone else have a similar issue? Has anyone figured out how to make them work with out bugging? Does anyone know if future version will be addressing this.

Thanks and thanks and thanks.

But a special thanks to the Tekkit crew.

SO I was excited because I heard force fields were working in 0.6.1, and in the beginning they where, but what I'm noticing is that if you have several forcefields, controlled by wireless receivers and NOT gates, the shields will bug and not reactivate. I'm tried updating the repulsor config file to lessen the refresh rate, but no dice.

Does anyone else have a similar issue? Has anyone figured out how to make them work with out bugging? Does anyone know if future version will be addressing this.

Thanks and thanks and thanks.

But a special thanks to the Tekkit crew.

I am not yet on 0.6.1, but I assume this is similar to the issues I have with certain machines on the server I play. If they are controlled by a wireless transmitter and wire then when you leave the area there seems to be a chance that they will stop receiving a signal. I tend to fix this by manually opening the receiver and changing the frequency up by one, then back to the needed settings. This fixes the issue each time, but I do not understand why it happens. I have a chunkloader right there with it set to 3x3. So there is no way the chunk unloads while I am elsewhere.

I just wanted to post and bring awareness that the NetherOres config for 0.6.1 is completely buggered, or so I think. After getting reports that nether ores are non existent, I looked in the NetherOres config files. All the ores worldgen option are set to this:

MaxY: 128

MinY: 128

(something like this)

Now I'm assuming this means all the ores will only spawn at level 128 in the nether, and as such none will spawn. I would recommend resetting the 'MinY' setting on every ore to 1 or whatever you desire. Note that the broken config is affected on both the server config and the local one.

I just wanted to post and bring awareness that the NetherOres config for 0.6.1 is completely buggered, or so I think.

This is the case since 0.6.0, and yes that will restrict nether ore from generating. I'm not sure why it was set this way upstream nor do I know where to read commit logs or who to contact to ask why.

A MinY definition isn't even necessary. Those lines can be deleted.

I just wanted to post and bring awareness that the NetherOres config for 0.6.1 is completely buggered, or so I think. After getting reports that nether ores are non existent, I looked in the NetherOres config files. All the ores worldgen option are set to this:

MaxY: 128

MinY: 128

(something like this)

Now I'm assuming this means all the ores will only spawn at level 128 in the nether, and as such none will spawn. I would recommend resetting the 'MinY' setting on every ore to 1 or whatever you desire. Note that the broken config is affected on both the server config and the local one.

Ah good to know. This is more of a headache than I was hoping... items disappearing, nether ores not spawning o.o

Ah good to know. This is more of a headache than I was hoping... items disappearing, nether ores not spawning o.o

Interesting, what items of yours disappeared? I transfered my 0.5.7 server over to 0.6.1 with no problems so far. At least none that I have seen. So far the NetherOres config has been the only problem I have seen, other than IC2 - Transformers being removed.

I'm sure I'm not the first to have wondered, but is it too much to ask that recommended versions of official modpacks get changelogs? I mean ones that are actually useful, listing any major or notable changes in behavior? I greatly appreciate all the work the pack developers put in, but if I wanted to track all the changes in all the versions of all the individual mods, then I wouldn't be using the nice, easy to install modpack, I'd be installing all the mods myself. I guess what I'm saying is that the current setup, of a list of what version each mod has been updated to in the latest modpack, is pretty much useless to most users, and causes tons of problems when people see 'ooh new version' and click update as a reflex action, without being able to see what to expect.

What would be very useful is a page of highlights, like what minecraft forum does for each snapshot release of vanilla MC...

Example here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/659-144-is-out/