Tekkit Update ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as far as i know i got probationed from asking a question that's it . and second i dont see why people have to be suck asses ask a simple question and you all just jump down the nice persons throat sounds about right to me

simple questions are fine, questions which have been answered in the rules post you claim to have read are not fine. let me refresh your memory

No asking for ETA's - We are tired of these questions. Updates depend on lots of different things and they happen when they happen.

just wanted to clear that up.

your problem is a crippling condition called "moronitis".

Moronitis is actually what this forum has from time to time. Medically, moronitis is "an inflamation of the moron" generally inflamed tissue that is not necessary to the functioning of the body is excised.

Isn't working a medical field great?

well i looked for a forum to look fro what i was asking and i thort it was a valid question and if people cannot ask what thay need to ask then what's the point in it being a forum based site and i may be new and yes i did read the rules and even tho it gives out the offence of saying everything has to be perfect like spelling i cannot help it i cannot help being dyslexic .

So me asking a question isent wrong at all and being rude to people is not needed people that are rude and childish are those that should be banned if anyone not me like i have been once before for once gain asking a simple question that i wanted to know

You clearly didn't read the rules because rule #3 or 4 is "don't ask for an ETA"

Second of all, being dyslexic does not prevent you from using spell check. Everyone has problems, and has hurdles that THEY have to overcome. Not that the people around them have to overcome for them.

If you're wondering why people are coming down hard on you it's because of your one and only previous thread, which was also awful.

what coz i asked about a mod i did not know you hated and i havent played tekkit that long so dident get chance to even realidse it was better and and yes it is better but still no excuse to be an ass

I'm not even going to bother trying to translate whatever garbage you just vomited at me, but lets get this straight, i don't hate questions, i LIKE questions. Good ones that is. Because i can HELP people with good questions. People who post stupid shit like "Hey is this multiplayer?" or "When is it out" without bothering to look into it themselves are beyond my help, and a waste of time.

then if im such a waste of your time why you still here why you still replying .... again i asked a question i got my awnser now stop being a dick

Because I hope that eventually you, like a handful of other people, will find posting stupid shit so unpleasant that you either start posting shit that isn't stupid, or just stop posting.

because you have not made any indication that you understand that you made a mistake. nor have you said anything to indicate that you would try to correct your behavior in the future. honestly, I'm trying to help you out so you don't get completely banned but it's like leading a horse to water and trying to make it drink.

edit: make that *I* :)

i cannot help it i cannot help being dyslexic
Speaking as someone who is also dyslexic I can say that this really isn't an excuse for this degree of bad spelling. While I don't agree with the (frankly bullcrap argument) that "you can learn to spell if you just try hard enough", there are other things you can do. All of the modern browsers have built-in spell checks - just use it, it really couldn't be easier. Before this I would use a document editor with a spell check to check my posts. As for grammar, you really don't have an excuse for that.

And to everyone else: sure, it's annoying to have people ask what the ETA is, but it's something that everyone wants to know. Asking for some sort of progress update isn't asking for much, and these rabid attacks are ridiculous. It's incredibly childish and extremely unprofessional that these attacks are not only allowed but appear to be encouraged by the moderators on this forum.

I don't know why this strong "it will be done when it's done" mentality is so prevalent in the minecraft community, but there is a reason why it's not common in other games. Namely, it provides a shitty user experience for the people eagerly waiting to be able to use your mod (or, in this case, launcher). Is it really so bad that people like what you have provided so much that they would like to know when they can expect the newest version? What about the server owners who are facing the same questions and have nothing to tell their users?

While this may not provide for particularly enlightened discussion, that's mostly due to the continued response of "STOP ASKING!!!111one!!" There's plenty of room for speculation or guessing based on past releases, and most people would be happy with this. Instead, what results is a lot of hatred and resentment that casts a very ugly light on the community, and people still don't get their concerns addressed. I must admit, the responses here - including the response of a forum admin which is supposed to be representative of the forum community - has left me very disenchanted with Tekkit in general.

<snip>

I don't know why this strong "it will be done when it's done" mentality is so prevalent in the minecraft community, but there is a reason why it's not common in other games. Namely, it provides a shitty user experience for the people eagerly waiting to be able to use your mod (or, in this case, launcher). Is it really so bad that people like what you have provided so much that they would like to know when they can expect the newest version? What about the server owners who are facing the same questions and have nothing to tell their users?

<snip>

One major difference between the developers of other games and the developers of Technic Pack is that the people making Technic Pack actually have no control over the updating of the mods within it, and the presence of any progress logs is completely dependent upon the individuals making the mods. Therefore, no progress logs, no ETA.

Also, what do you mean "eagerly waiting to be able to use the launcher?" The launcher is perfectly usable. Just not for the latest version of Minecraft.

Minecraft could be 1.6 and I'd still be happy about Tekkit for 1.1 and play that.

Why? Because 1.6 Vanilla will still have less features and possibilities than Tekkit for 1.1

These mods combined added more to Minecraft than Mojang in the last year, there is literally no reason to bitch at them because you want... Ocelots? Srsly? =P

AND THATS FROM A CAT LOVER. :3

lol I didnt read everything at all, but why do you all make it more complicated than it really is? Why dont you copy the sticky from SSP to SMP so all the ppl see what it is about... Nobody would ask dumb questions, and IF, you could just reply "read the stickys"...

OR

Just delete the damn thread, you're admins Y U NO MAKE USE OF IT?!

Well, memefail, sorry, but that's all I can think of right now.

lol I see what you did there ;)

Well I know, there will always be some dumb kids who cant read the things popping up first on their browser, but what other countermeasures can you do?

I see none.. And indeed, in the SMP forum, you dont see any progress... So why not? You should be, I think.

Best way would not be in the forums, but on the main page... So you can assume that this one is already informed, once he gets to the forums.

In something like minecraft, like yesterday said, a current version is an moving target, this kind of information is really important and for 70% the reason why moderators / admins get pissed of, I guess... As you can see, there is still space for improvement, and it should be as easy as it can be to get to this kind of information

Sry for the edited last section, I dont get the grammar in such a long sentence, but I think the message was carried.

FIY 1.2.x adds better networking support. Lighting is being calculated on the client (finally!!!!) instead of doing it on the server (and producing net and CPU overhead). Also there is new anvil format permits double the height the actual 1.1 does and is engineered better for network transmission.

So stop insulting people and tell at least where development happens. You know your github/Technic git repo is down for DMCA?

If i were you i'd do a construct.pl script that downloads bits and pieces from various sources and assembles the ZIP so nobody can fill DMCA takedown requests any more.

So please stop acting like "No status updates!!! 111one!!" and be serious.

I'm fairly new here but I wanted to say just a bit myself. I too am eagerly anticipating an update. Mostly because I just want the increased build height. That said, I have been having so much fun exploring all these mods have to offer as is. I run a small server for my friends and for us minecraft was more or less dead. Then a few weeks ago I found technic. I can't remember the last good night's sleep I had because of all the damn minecraft dreams I've been having. We can't get enough! Tekkit opened up a huge world to an already huge world. So as we patiently await updates, we're spending our time building and learning. Stop whining about updates and start playing the game to its fullest. I guarantee most of the people here have only scratched the surface of what you can do with these mods. Go become an engineer and build yourself a fully working power grid. Be a magician and craft mighty magical rings of power. Explore the world via jetpack or tunnel through the underground with a tunnel bore machine. All this time you're wasting by bitching and moaning could be spent learning, experiencing, playing. What more could you want? Seriously?

I'm not complaining about missing updates. It's the attitude that some have when asking for updates. There is a reason why server admins want 1.2.X and i explained in my first post.

A more "human" response would be a sticky post with:

For updates follow us on git.

We release when all mods are ready, and that's not always the same week as the minecraft release is done.

You say this(giving updates) bothers you, but it would be good incentive for people to actually clone your repo and help(me ncluded) to have release sooner.

PS. I'm not here to insult anybody, just for a constructive talk.

• Forum Administrators

And to everyone else: sure, it's annoying to have people ask what the ETA is, but it's something that everyone wants to know. Asking for some sort of progress update isn't asking for much, and these rabid attacks are ridiculous. It's incredibly childish and extremely unprofessional that these attacks are not only allowed but appear to be encouraged by the moderators on this forum.

You don't get it. We don't want everyone and their mom on here, we don't want a barrage of :notch::notch::diamond::creeper:, we don't want endless pages of 'CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE FOR ____?' and forums chock full of people screaming 'HELP ME' without providing any information what-so-ever. Noise man, we don't want, nor do we need, noise. We need discussion and people talking to one another.

It's strict, and its harsh, but it is the only way to deal with it. This isn't a fuzzy place where people can expect to be coddled at every level, where rules are suggestions rather than rules. Nobody wants this place to become like every.single.other.forum. on the internet. Go hang out on another board if you want an 'everybody is a winner!' attitude, that shit is toxic to communities. I'd personally rather have a much smaller, more intelligent, calm community. One with a sense of humor too if I can help it.

Is it done yet? Hey can you update for 1.2.4? HEY I INSTALLED IT AN IT SAYS IT CRASH PELASEW HELP!!1 omg this iz leik so eppicccs? Can I haz an update... HEY update this or notch is gunna get it :lighter::tnt::notch: WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG WHY ISNT IT UPDATED? hey minecraft 2 is released in five years how com u havent updated?

I love that people are playing these mods, I love the fact that the launcher allows people to get to the meat of modded Minecraft instead of slogging through forums and .jar files. Its what i have always wanted. However, you make a mistake and you don't seem to be listening. We don't know when any new version is going to be out. We don't. We can speculate sure, but then people get a target and they fixate on it. They watch it, then when they have decided that its been long enough they get upset and claim you 'promised!' Why are we even going to take that burden on? So we too can have page after page of 'WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE DONE?'

Server operators almost never ask for an update. You know why? They tend to know what it takes to run a community, and they usually also have an idea on the work involved, and how it is out of our hands. We aren't in the business of making promises we can't keep, and giving an ETA is doing that.

You want an answer? It will be done when its done. Modder A might drop out from the scene. Modder B might update before C, Minecraft might update before a critical mod gets done cutting releasing a version that works with a no depreciated Minecraft version. Or, instead, you can accept that when it will be out when it is done, and simply enjoy the game otherwise. Status updates would be

Day 6: Sparkle Farts by DongLord69 isn't updated yet. Waiting on DongLord69

Day 7: Sparkle Farts by DongLord69 isn't updated yet. Waiting on DongLord69

Day 8: Sparkle Farts by DongLord69 isn't updated yet. Waiting on DongLord69

Day 9: Sparkle Farts by DongLord69 isn't updated yet. Waiting on DongLord69

Day 10: Minecraft updated, DongLord69 isn't updating to 1.2.3, but instead moving to 1.2.5

Day 11: Every modder doesn't have their mods out yet. Waiting on all the modders.

EVEN beyond that, now we are singling out specific modders. So now, you get people that will now go bother THAT modder, along with the thousands of people already asking for a release, and now Technic can be blamed for pointing an angry mob toward the modders. That makes a lot of sense!

While this may not provide for particularly enlightened discussion, that's mostly due to the continued response of "STOP ASKING!!!111one!!" There's plenty of room for speculation or guessing based on past releases, and most people would be happy with this. Instead, what results is a lot of hatred and resentment that casts a very ugly light on the community, and people still don't get their concerns addressed. I must admit, the responses here - including the response of a forum admin which is supposed to be representative of the forum community - has left me very disenchanted with Tekkit in general.

I'm sorry you don't know what its like running a very large community. I'm not exactly sure what speculation there is beyond "Now? How about now? Maybe later? Yeah? Now? No wait tomorrow!"

There is no concerns to be addressed! There is no dire need to get Technic/Tekkit/YogBox/VoxelModPack updated to the latest Minecraft, nothing is being lost. You still have the same game that you may have been enjoying already. There are some features that are going to be great (map height especially) but you've been just fine before. If the mods aren't done there isn't anything else we can do about it, so we all, collectively, have to wait.

Sorry you are disenchanted with Technic/Tekkit/how we 'do' things around here. At least you don't have to take part in the discussion of things if you don't want, the Launcher is still there for you to play, outside of the community.

So basically, patience. Have some patience, but then somehow that's our fault.

I'm not complaining about missing updates. It's the attitude that some have when asking for updates. There is a reason why server admins want 1.2.X and i explained in my first post.

A more "human" response would be a sticky post with:You say this(giving updates) bothers you, but it would be good incentive for people to actually clone your repo and help(me ncluded) to have release sooner.

PS. I'm not here to insult anybody, just for a constructive talk.

You have to understand what you're talking about to have a constructive talk.

:stare: This thread. Remarkable.

One major difference between the developers of other games and the developers of Technic Pack is that the people making Technic Pack actually have no control over the updating of the mods within it, and the presence of any progress logs is completely dependent upon the individuals making the mods. Therefore, no progress logs, no ETA.

My issue isn't the lack of an ETA, I really do appreciate how difficult it can be to be completely dependent on other developers before you can do anything. My issue is the response this question generates. Honestly, most of the first page of this thread contained perfectly reasonable and level-headed responses, but then it degenerated into screaming and harassment.

Also, what do you mean "eagerly waiting to be able to use the launcher?" The launcher is perfectly usable. Just not for the latest version of Minecraft.

This is true, and I really do appreciate it. It's far more convenient to direct my players to the Tekkit launcher then have to muck about with modded .jar files. But it's also a little frustrating to have some very annoying bugs in the capstone mods that, according to change logs, have been fixed in the newer versions. I'm not complaining, my point is just that there are perfectly valid reasons why someone might be looking forward to newer versions.

Re: KakerMix

Yelling at your users and telling them them to suck it up is certainly easer, and that is also your decision if it's the community image you're looking for. But keep in mind that it's not just the OP you're responding to. Just look at how many views this thread has generated compared to the others, it's clearly a question that many people have on their mind. And when your project runs on donations it might, possibly, be a good idea to tell all those people something less frustrating than "suck it up".

Surely there's a middle ground between "everybody is a winner!" and "tough shit"? Like I said, the first couple replies on this thread were perfectly fine, was the harassment and bickering that followed really necessary? It certainly wasn't the "more intelligent, calm community" you said you desired.

Re: KakerMix

Just look at how many views this thread has generated compared to the others, it's clearly a question that many people have on their mind. And when your project runs on donations it might, possibly, be a good idea to tell all those people something less frustrating then "suck it up".

Just two quick points:

1) As a community, we adore drama, It's a popcorn event and we don't have to buy the 3d glasses to enjoy it.

2) Technic doesn't run on donations, it operates at a loss because kaker has burning passionate love for us.