0.6.2 Update WHY IS IT NOT 1.5!

Shaqs21

Hey guys i'm getting really impatient

Yes. Yes you are.

Because you seem to miss the point that 0.6.2 contains mod updates, which are far more awesome and useful than the MC updates.

You also seem to miss the fact that modders have lives, and don't spend their entire lives programming to please you.

You also seem to miss the fact that the Technic team have no control over how fast the mods update.

You also seem to miss the fact that your entire post was completely pointless, served no useful purpose and was basically you complaining about something you don't need without even learning why the cause for complaint even existed in the first place.

There are a couple reasons we did a 0.6.2 update:

- The next update relies on a couple mods that haven't updated yet. Omni Tools and Power Converters, to give a couple examples. They haven't updated, which makes it tough for us to update.

- We're making some kind of extreme changes in our 1.5 version, and so some players are probably going to want to stick with 1.4.7 for a bit. It's important to make sure that they're seeing the best of 1.4.7.

- Some mods (Dimensional Doors comes to mind) had some really stunning changes since 0.6.1 came out that make them a lot more playable. For folks that are active playing now, these improvements will be a big deal.

I understand you guys are chomping at the bit, and 1.5 updates will come fast and furious soon, I promise. :)

what's the point of upgrading to 1.5.1

the only new thing that is involved in it that tekkit hasn't got an equivalent of is the redstone block and really what does that do that red wool doesn't?

Besides a movable redstone signal (by pistons or even by frames!) it also looks incredibly sexy with the Sphax texture pack.

Well unless Eloraam shows up again (no updates since december) then RedPower2 won't be updated (closed source and all that) so more redstone content will be good

EDIT 2: Eloraam is active on twitter and has said next update will be a 1.5 port

...the redstone block and really what does that do that red wool doesn't?

I can store 9 times the redstone with this block, amongst other things, lets see red wool do that

EDIT:

what???????

You can't move a torch as easily as you can move that block, that is what???????

a.) using computercraft you can do that anyway

b.)you could hide a computer inside micro blocks and therefore have red wool emitting energy

c.) that's cheaper too

and finally

d.)you can change the micro blocks you use to suit the surroundings

simple!

and I'm basing it off the fact that since you are basing this off minecraft with one mod on tekkit with about 20 mods on would be slower still surely

why is everyone set on annoying me today

a.) using computercraft you can do that anyway

b.)you could hide a computer inside micro blocks and therefore have red wool emitting energy

c.) that's cheaper too

and finally

d.)you can change the micro blocks you use to suit the surroundings

simple!

and I'm basing it off the fact that since you are basing this off minecraft with one mod on tekkit with about 20 mods on would be slower still

If you are getting annoyed by people giving you valid points then I suggest you stop posting here

A) And? Very little that can be done is unique to one mod

B) Except that that would take up 7 blocks (1 center and the 6 around it)

C) Arguable, I could say a RS block is cheaper because it just takes redstone, and I fill chests with the stuff regularly

D) And? I hide all of my circuitry anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one

As for the 644+ argument

How do you know it's one mod? You don't and any improvement no matter how small is an improvement

Frame with a panel on it, then stick a redstone torch on it. Tada, moveable redstone signal source. Redstone blocks don't add much functionality to technic, although they are very cool which should be reason enough to want them.

exactly my point