Account removal

Guest JamieJWSmith

Guest JamieJWSmith

Is it possible to have this account removed, or at least the username changed. I am trying to reduce my electronic footprint, for the sake of getting jobs etc., and a post I made on hear is showing up on Bing.

No, there is no way to remove your account. Even if it were deleted, there's still the google cache and various other historic snapshots like wayback and whatnot.

And I believe rich's facepalm had to do with the fact you've doubled your post count by creating and replying to this thread.

Lets go over some facts:

1: You had two posts previous to this thread.

2: Both of those posts show your willingness to teach and entertain others, which is a plus for most employers.

3: You now have a record of yourself calling someone else a "smart arse", which is not a good thing for any applicant researchers to find.

4: Your username is Jamie Smith, which I assume is your real name. Jamie is quite common and Smith is an extremely common last name (fun fact, if you trace your paternal lineage back you'll find one of your ancestors was a blacksmith), so googling Jamie Smith is going to return a massive number of hits. The possibility of a job recruiter finding this account is pretty slim, unless you keep upping it's relevancy score by posting more and more.

Believe me kid, #4 alone means you have nothing to worry about.

• Moderators

Why would you be afraid of what they say at work? That you play a world of virtual blocks?

I'd say that's much better than most people who spend time on the telly watching sports or googling for boobs.

Look at it this way: You are making posts in the most strictest forum there is and you haven't been warned in any way.

You not only have the ability to read but also the understanding of following rules in general...

As has been noticed on the whalebox, not everyone has the ability to follow nor understand rules.

oh wait...

Hey my name is Jamie Smith

Never mind...

I am the only person in the world with my real name. You however, can probably rest pretty easy. If you want I can change your username for you, or delete your account if you'd like to rejoin with a different name. I don't think it would effect googles cache though.

If we meet up in Germany I'll buy you a couple, I'm only 17 but appearently beer=soda in that country.

Try Pic-Googeling my username BTW. I only use it for YouTube and this site (aswell as minecraft), so it's pretty fun to see the results.

Now to stalk y'all in that way :3

EDIT: That was surprisingly boring :(

My username has been stolen by many over the last 20 years I've been using it, so a search for it reveals very little.

My real name, on the other hand, is shared by one other person (the guy I was named after) and shows a disturbing level of information on a public site. Some of it taken from private facebook posts my wife has made.

Seeing my 5 year has an entry on that pipl site complete with a current picture is bad enough, but seeing my 6 month old too is crossing the line...

Don't do it, our government is awful and we're stuck with it for two more years.

Get it fixed ASAP, I plan on moving there.

Don't get me wrong, Finland is awesome, but Finnish is a hard language to master and the "Green" politicians are doing their best to ruin our industries, power system and archipelagos.

Fucking cormorants.

Don't do it, our government is awful and we're stuck with it for two more years.

But but... Don't F-35 pay national debts? And I'm pretty sure pipelines are a great solution to the oil sands pollution.

Btw, there's a kid with videos of him on Youtube named with my username, and the two facts are entirely unrelated.

consider the following:

U.S. government has set itself up in such a way that a vocal minority is capable of consistently outperforming it's opponent majority. In this way, we have granted ourselves the ability to work very hard all the time, and yet never accomplish anything.

At least backward motion would teach us a damn lesson now and then. But we don't even get that. It's all "business as usual" every election cycle.