Account removal

Guest JamieJWSmith

Don't do it, our government is awful and we're stuck with it for two more years.

Well we have free health care, and our economy didn't crash as bad as the good old US of A due to bankers not handing massive loans out to people they knew could not pay them.

Well we have free health care, and our economy didn't crash as bad as the good old US of A due to bankers not handing massive loans out to people they knew could not pay them.

Free health care+free schools with free food=more intelligent people->more money->more free stuff/tax cuts.

That is how you build an economy with 0 resources (except trees in our case). Don't build bubbles, they WILL pop.

Free health care+free schools with free food=more intelligent people->more money->more free stuff/tax cuts.

That is how you build an economy with 0 resources (except trees in our case). Don't build bubbles, they WILL pop.

I love how you guys believe your health care is free. Ever heard the phrase, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."?

I love how you guys believe your health care is free. Ever heard the phrase, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."?

TANSTAAFL! Who do you think is actually paying for all of that?

Companies and people OFC. No-one left behind.

Look up the numbers on wait times for access some time, as well as cancer survival rates. You may be surprised. Regardless, the argument is not as simple as <"Free Everything you need to live"> = <"better living standard"> because it's never free.

More accessible then. Even if you're dirt poor, you can get care and not worry about being ever in debit that you cannot pay off, effectively handicapping you financially for the remainder of your life. Sure taxes are higher but everyone get peace of mind that they will get help.

TO KITTY JAIL!!!

Who did it this time?

I am the only person in the world with my real name. You however, can probably rest pretty easy. If you want I can change your username for you, or delete your account if you'd like to rejoin with a different name. I don't think it would effect googles cache though.

ooh! cheap! whats your real name?

...i'm not gonna stalk ya or anything...

Okamikk!

More accessible then. Even if you're dirt poor, you can get care and not worry about being ever in debit that you cannot pay off, effectively handicapping you financially for the remainder of your life. Sure taxes are higher but everyone get peace of mind that they will get help.

With the US system, you can still get care if you're dirt poor, and it's faster than 'universal health care'. Government controlled is just bleh, it's more expensive and time-consuming.

With the US system, you can still get care if you're dirt poor, and it's faster than 'universal health care'. Government controlled is just bleh, it's more expensive and time-consuming.

You can't get decent care though. Having been dirt poor in the U.S. for most of my life, i can tell you that what you get is emergency care. That's it. and it doesn't come cheap either, emergency room bills are astoundingly high.

Theres a balance that needs to be struck between affordability and quality, but the way the U.S. has been handling it is pretty gross. Doctors and surgeons get to ridiculously overcharge, insurance companies have been allowed to include bullshit ways to invalidate your claim, the whole thing is pretty mucky unless you're pretty well off.

gods help you if you need dental work done. Chipped tooth? Extract it. Cavity? Extract it. Pain with unknown cause? Extract it.

Ever had two med students and a doc argue at the foot of your bed as to whether your uninsured arse suffering from massive blood loss deserves a blood pack you "obviously can't pay for"?

I have. Hemo count 6 (normal is 16) after a bleeding ulcer, took the med students 24 hours to convince the doc to give me a single blood pack.

Or how about making a new mother 6 days after her c-section wait 2 hours in a near empty ER after her incision site burst open and started bleeding everywhere.

This wasn't even in Bumfuk Nowhere, where you have to wait an hour for the on call surgeon to show up for an esophageal blockage during normal business hours because he's off branding the new calves. This was UCI medical center, a couple city blocks away from disneyland.

Fast and available my ass...

Ever had two med students and a doc argue at the foot of your bed as to whether your uninsured arse suffering from massive blood loss deserves a blood pack you "obviously can't pay for"?

I have. Hemo count 6 (normal is 16) after a bleeding ulcer, took the med students 24 hours to convince the doc to give me a single blood pack.

Or how about making a new mother 6 days after her c-section wait 2 hours in a near empty ER after her incision site burst open and started bleeding everywhere.

This wasn't even in Bumfuk Nowhere, where you have to wait an hour for the on call surgeon to show up for an esophageal blockage during normal business hours because he's off branding the new calves. This was UCI medical center, a couple city blocks away from disneyland.

Fast and available my ass...

seriously. U.S. medicine is fucked up.

True story, I'm the one who handled both of these claims (i work at a company that checks the work of doctors in the field, to make sure things are being done properly).

Patient A is a 17 year old girl with macro-mastasia, a legitimate medical condition that causes abnormally large breast growth. She's been on sports teams since she was 12, and was attempting to get a soccer scholarship. Because the macromastasia was impacting her daily functions to a significant degree, her parents requested a breast reduction surgery for her. They were declined based on the fact that the insurance company considered breast reduction "cosmetic", regardless of any other circumstances.

Patient B is a 16 year old boy who took a joy ride, crashed a car, and lost a testicle. His parents requested a "prosthetic testicle", which is not a functional replacement in any way other than appearances. His claim was APPROVED, despite the procedure being clearly cosmetic, because one of the insurance companies policies stated that if a body part was lost, the claimant was eligible for a prosthetic.

Suddenly I feel less mad at the fact that non-essential med-stuff takes forever to get a time for here. Atleast you get what you need if you'll get handicapped or die without it.

Also, fun fact: Getting payed for blood-donation here is illegal. (except for in some yummy sandwiches)

Are the American's done screaming "AMERICA!" yet?

No one has a perfect system but we're all working on it. That's the best we as humanity can manage. We should all be so glad we even get the chance at life when others in third world country's don't even have the equivalent of America's system with minimal care. Now this is so incredibly off topic that I will be surprised if half us don't get kellerd without warning.

• Moderators

Ever had two med students and a doc argue at the foot of your bed...

This reminded me of something that happened to my father.

He was involved in a road accident with his motorcycle, his leg got messed up.

Doctor came in the room, didn't talk nor look at my dad, and looked at the X-ray "Yeah this leg is fucked up. We have to amputate."

Is there a medical term for an asshole doctor that lacks finesse and tact?

Are the American's done screaming "AMERICA!" yet?

No one has a perfect system but we're all working on it. That's the best we as humanity can manage. We should all be so glad we even get the chance at life when others in third world country's don't even have the equivalent of America's system with minimal care. Now this is so incredibly off topic that I will be surprised if half us don't get kellerd without warning.

"That's the best we as humanity can manage."

Wrong. We can manage much better, if only corporations and corrupted senators people had their priorities set right.

Steven Harper, current Canadian Prime Minister, has stated his opinion that healthcare should be privatized.

Our healthcare isn't perfect, but when I suspect something is wrong with me I go to a doctor instead of hiding in my home terrified that I'd get diagnosed with something that would put me into debt for the rest of my life.