Internet Explorer 10 and the new tekkit page

31trainman

Firefox has a desktop sync feature, under the tools menu. Syncs tabs and bookmarks just fine.

I actually used it to export the bookmarks out of my droid X when I replaced my phone. Synced with a VM guest I had running then synced back with my new phone. Couldn't use my real desktop setup because I didn't want to overload my phone with thousands of bookmarks (I have over 200 webcomic links alone, and I tend to bookmark-all when I get too many deviantart tabs open).

Also, IE is very good at downloading other browsers

Except when microsoft serves out malicious drive-by download ads on their default homepage and infect a computer before you even get a chance to download a virus scanner.

Yes, it happens. When you have 50 machines running IE with the default homepage you're statistically guaranteed to catch any infection with a 2% or greater serve rate.

There's a concept called the Sneakernet. You transfer files between computers using removable media and your legs as a method of traversing the geographical distance.

It's how we shared files way back before even dialup, and you can still use it by heading to a friend's house and having them get the browser installer of your choice onto a thumb drive. A side benefit is a trip to your buddy's place that can lead to all sorts of goofing off and general socializing.

Can any other browser save tabs and bookmarks across devices or is that just a Chrome feature?

Consider this thread re-de-railed.

Firefox has that too. It can sync your last session across devices as well as your history, bookmarks and cookies.

Pretty much all the browsers have a multi-computer sync thing. Firefox, Chrome/ium, Opera. IE10 might even have such a feature by now... well, it's a nonzero chance at least.

Oh my, someone actually mentioned Chromium. +1 golden star for you.

• Forum Administrators

IE10 is actually pretty decent. Not decent enough to see my clickthrough on the moon image though, apparently.