This modpack DESPERATELY needs some sort of nuclear power

Topster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe having Voltz into Tekkit could be fun. Now that Galacticraft and Modular Powersuits is in, some Voltz mods would be nice.

Having fossil fuels being the top-end source of power in a Tekkit modpack is wrong on EVERY level. I get that IC2 is sandbagging the update, but what's wrong with Atomic Science??

It's not just that IC2 would hold off updating, it's also that IC2 is largely redundant now and outclassed by other mods.

Having fossil fuels being the top-end source of power in a Tekkit modpack is wrong on EVERY level. I get that IC2 is sandbagging the update, but what's wrong with Atomic Science??

1) IC2 will not be returning to Tekkit any time soon.

2) Look into Thermal Expansion.

I do agree with you on the atomic science but not with the current endgame power gen. Currently, I run a solid fuel boiler on nothing but charcoal from an auto tree farm and that supply's power to a fermenter and a still to turn the saplings from the farm into bio fuel which is then used in combustion engines. It is 100% self sustaining and outputs a good amount of MJ (Something like 40MJ/Tick). I'm still not done the setup, I want to have the biofuel go into a liquid boiler and power industrial steam engines. 18 Industrial steam engines at 8 MJ/tick is 144MJ/tick. It doesn't even need any maintenance after setup. I think that can count as endgame powergen.

1) IC2 will not be returning to Tekkit any time soon.

I know that...that's why I said I get why IC2 isn't in

2) Look into Thermal Expansion.

Thermal Expansion's engines all run on fossil fuels or lava

In a nutshell, it's UE. It's a solution to a problem that didn't exist. It carries with it all of the UE baggage and strictly speaking, their cabling is less computationally efficient than conduit.

They don't run on BioFuel?

Biofuel is literally fossil fuel

In a nutshell, it's UE. It's a solution to a problem that didn't exist. It carries with it all of the UE baggage and strictly speaking, their cabling is less computationally efficient than conduit.

That still doesn't address the sillyness that Tekkit, a modpack with computers, super suits, rocketships, microcircuitry, robots, interdimensional travel, planet terraforming, and magic gets its energy from gasoline.

Biofuel is literally fossil fuel

That still doesn't address the sillyness that Tekkit, a modpack with computers, super suits, rocketships, microcircuitry, robots, interdimensional travel, planet terraforming, and magic gets its energy from gasoline.

What's wrong with getting your energy from coal, oil, lava, farms, or whatever else you can come up with? This is minecraft, not real life.

What's wrong with getting your energy from coal, oil, lava, farms, or whatever else you can come up with? This is minecraft, not real life.

Unless there is some kind of mod that makes the environment change the more you pollute, what does it matter?

Really guys? The Technic Pack from the very beginning was about bringing together all the best mods that expanded the technology you could use in the game to the nth degree. But apparently it's now ok that the latest version of Tekkit is ignoring (equal quality) mods with the most powerful energy sources?

I mean, jeez, if you'll settle for "good enough" why not play Better Than Wolves instead?

(and lukeb28, MFR does indeed have machines that create pollution)

Post count = 12

Joined Thursday

"why not play Better Than Wolves instead?"

ladys and gentlemen, we have a troll.

If not then how about you go dev a mod that adds Nuclear power to output MJ? MJ is the future, EU is in the past. Embrace the change!

Don't you hate people who conclude anyone who derides is a troll?

Point is, nuclear power is missing from Tekkit for the first time in over a year. Why? Because it's easier that way? As lame a reason as I've ever heard.

The Technic Pack from the very beginning was about bringing together all the best mods that expanded the technology you could use in the game to the nth degree.

Uhm, sorry, but Kakermix has responded to this type of argument many times. Technic/tekkit is about being fun.

Your argument is identical to the guys who called for EE and thaumcraft to be removed from technic because "It's a technical modpack for technical mods, not magical!"

Personally, I don't see what all the rage is about. Tekkit makes a great base for creating your own modpack that can then be listen on Platform.

Download tekkit, copy the necessary files to a new folder, add the mods you think are missing, and repackage it as your own modpack.

Uhm, sorry, but Kakermix has responded to this type of argument many times. Technic/tekkit is about being fun.

Your argument is identical to the guys who called for EE and thaumcraft to be removed from technic because "It's a technical modpack for technical mods, not magical!"

Personally, I don't see what all the rage is about. Tekkit makes a great base for creating your own modpack that can then be listen on Platform.

Download tekkit, copy the necessary files to a new folder, add the mods you think are missing, and repackage it as your own modpack.

People who want EE and TC out of Tekkit want less options and less freedom with the mod pack. I'm saying there should be more options. Are you really saying the latter isn't about tekkit being fun? I will totally add IC2 and RP2 when they're updated, but is there something wrong with being upset that Tekkit is reducing variability in the name of simplicity?

There isn't really a need for IC2. The machine side of it has been replaced with the Thermal Expansion stuff.

Need power? Make a tesseract and pump lava from the nether or burn netherrack and run magmatic engines. Problem solved.

Atomic Science is actually BC-compatible, so it would just be another generator. It might go in, recent versions of AS have been problematic, but I've been told that AS's 1.5 version is quite solid. I'll need to see it for myself.

Adding more generator options is going to happen and is one of our main objectives for the next big version, but it's not going to happen by re-adding IC2. I've been pretty verbose about my issues with it elsewhere, so if someone is going to ignore all that and boil our position down to "it's easier to leave out IC2", which is laughable, I don't really have much else to say.

I added in the full UE lineup to my technic and I am only playing it single player but so far it has been working quite well. There is no BC<->UE power converter, but I haven't run into any real problems.

Also, nuclear reactors are awesome. The power they produce is almost irrelevant, nuclear reactors are just fun to build in your house's basement. Because nuclear reactor in basement.