This modpack DESPERATELY needs some sort of nuclear power

Topster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added in the full UE lineup to my technic and I am only playing it single player but so far it has been working quite well. There is no BC<->UE power converter, but I haven't run into any real problems.

Also, nuclear reactors are awesome. The power they produce is almost irrelevant, nuclear reactors are just fun to build in your house's basement. Because nuclear reactor in basement.

This. ALL OF THIS! I am a fan of the new tekkit pack and while I am still reeling over the loss of my diamond drill, I am sure that I will find an appropriate replacement. I will never find a replacement for that giant powderkeg of doom sitting in my basement. *suddenly recounts the number of times he came back to a hole on the ground where his house stood*

VI

I wish all the machine mods would just agree to use MJ. Make life much simpler.

Never going to happen.

There's too many different factors that the dozen or so major mod developers would have to agree on. Is it electricity vs mechanical vs pneumatic vs hydraulic vs magic, energy outputs of the various fuels, what should be allowed to be fuels, storage options, renewable source generators, energy costs, ect...

You yourself said that the pack is about fun, right? What's so fun about removing players' options?

Maybe because the options that were removed made the game less fun?

Stop talking out of your ass and try using thermal expansion before complaining. You don't need nuclear power. IC^2 was a mod that only solved problems it created.

You yourself said that the pack is about fun, right? What's so fun about removing players' options?

Sometimes options just break other options ore make them completely useless. You know what I miss the least about IC2? Spending tons of work making a stable nuclear reactor while the guy 100m away gets free energy with a few HV solar arrays taking up a small space on his roof.

Sometimes options just break other options ore make them completely useless. You know what I miss the least about IC2? Spending tons of work making a stable nuclear reactor while the guy 100m away gets free energy with a few HV solar arrays taking up a small space on his roof.

Exactly.

The main problem was there was choice, but it was pretty much irrelevant because one choice was simply more favourable by miles. So instead of removing TE, a mod with huge amounts of potential and updates (and has had a public release that's more recent than 6 months ago), they removed IC2. Great move IMO.

To quote a great man: "Some people juggle geese!"

Seriously, fun is intangible and measurable only by it's results. The admins here have decided to go the "simple, effective, and playably stable" route to fun, while you demand the "cram it all in and let god sort it out" route.

Considering they've got to great lengths to make it as easy as possible to create custom modpacks, there's nothing stopping anyone from making the tekkit you believe is the correct one and letting the players decide.

Im at the point where I have 8 redstone energy cells full..

And not a single reactor is used.

Get on my level NoobLordFag...

That was uncalled for.

See this is what I have a problem with. Why do you care about what the guy 100m away is doing? Is that person you? If not, then why worry about that, worry about having your own fun. The whole idea of things being OP comes from people like you who care too much about other people's enjoyment of the game.

Unless your on a pvp server. Then worry about the guy next door. Worry a lot.

PVP Minecraft? UR DOIN IT RONG

In all seriousness, though, balance and fun for builders seem to have a lot of mutual incompatibility - perhaps it would be best to split Tekkit into a PVP focused package and a package for building-focused servers? Just a thought.

1) IC2 will not be returning to Tekkit any time soon.

2) Look into Thermal Expansion.

Now tell me this: I look into Thermal Expansion and I can't find any good Wiki info on how to properly use said expansion.

Really guys? The Technic Pack from the very beginning was about bringing together all the best mods that expanded the technology you could use in the game to the nth degree. But apparently it's now ok that the latest version of Tekkit is ignoring (equal quality) mods with the most powerful energy sources?

I will just say that IC2, MFSU, Geothermal generators etc, are the ones I use because they're easy to use. You don't need to refuel generators with fossil fuels (because what happens when you've dug your world dry of coal?) In fact on the Moon there might be a problem with solar panels, but IC2 is still easier to use and we're all used to it.

The way I see it; we're all just rejecting the change of going from IC2 to TE. However I think if we brought back the energy link from Tekkit Classic it might solve a few of our energy problems

Now tell me this: I look into Thermal Expansion and I can't find any good Wiki info on how to properly use said expansion.

You probably didn't look hard enough. It's right here.

I suggest you read what all the machines do. If you can understand IC2, then you can understand TE unless you don't want to understand TE.

The only thing I'm missing out of all this lack of IC2 is simply that I provide power for all server denizens. The core infrastructure is a series of diversified sources of power ranging from Factorization's solar, and IC2's solar, to backup nuclear plants, producing an epic combined power output of 1 million EU/t's. These are then transferred to customers who pay utility fees and in turn, receive an energy tesseract with a 100MJ transfer cap. They may convert it to whatever format they see fit so long as they pay their bills.

The loss of the mods that compose of what I used to make this sort of power system are being felt very hard. I've had to get incredibly creative with power generation (and careful how I do it!). Currently there's few takers on the new Tekkit server, so I'm only producing a meager surplus of 40MJ/t for the 10 people that participate on the server. The next problems that comes from my system is the lag associated with the use of the Harvester machine, and when nobody's on all the engines break (or explode!) from storing up unused energy.

Needless to say, something like this cannot have people living near it because of the lag and the huge amounts of land required to build this system due to the massive amounts of tick updates associated with running the MFR farming machines.

Creating sustainable, and infinite energy is perfectly possible even in survival. If I can make a billiards table in Tekkit Lite SMP, you can make power. Just gotta have the time to do it.

6Gzd9ca.jpg

The only thing I'm missing out of all this lack of IC2 is simply that I provide power for all server denizens. The core infrastructure is a series of diversified sources of power ranging from Factorization's solar, and IC2's solar, to backup nuclear plants, producing an epic combined power output of 1 million EU/t's. These are then transferred to customers who pay utility fees and in turn, receive an energy tesseract with a 100MJ transfer cap. They may convert it to whatever format they see fit so long as they pay their bills.

The loss of the mods that compose of what I used to make this sort of power system are being felt very hard. I've had to get incredibly creative with power generation (and careful how I do it!). Currently there's few takers on the new Tekkit server, so I'm only producing a meager surplus of 40MJ/t for the 10 people that participate on the server. The next problems that comes from my system is the lag associated with the use of the Harvester machine, and when nobody's on all the engines break (or explode!) from storing up unused energy.

Needless to say, something like this cannot have people living near it because of the lag and the huge amounts of land required to build this system due to the massive amounts of tick updates associated with running the MFR farming machines.

Creating sustainable, and infinite energy is perfectly possible even in survival. If I can make a billiards table in Tekkit Lite SMP, you can make power. Just gotta have the time to do it.

Yeah, we recognize that the current state of TE is not ideal for replacing IC2. And frankly, it wasn't meant to. I don't like the idea of some of IC2's concepts and generation, and really just didn't set out to create a replacement. Still, I'm smart enough to know that it's a workhorse mod, and we could use a bit more early game stuff and tech progression. We're working in that arena now.

In the near term, Zeldo is working on Itemducts, I'm doing some backend improvements to Conduits in general, adding a couple of new blocks, and then likely a Solar array. I've been wanting to hold off on adding large generation (which the solar is) until we had large power consumers, but I can understand that the generation is sort of a bigger issue at the moment.

In the near term, Zeldo is working on Itemducts...

Ah, I was wondering if you were doing a replacement for transport pipes. Their probably going to be great, so I should start stockpiling resources...