BukkitForge + Tekkit 1.0.6 (Was working)

Sayshal

Sonds like an issue I ran into too several weeks ago. It was reported on bukkitforge's github: https://github.com/keepcalm/BukkitForge/issues/628

For me deleting dimension -23 didn't work, it would always recreate that folder when starting the server and then still throw that exception. There's also somebody in that report who had the issue with galacticraft instead of dimensional doors. For me the entire thing started after I explored some dimensional doors related stuff for the first time. After I had done that the server wouldn't start any more and would always throw that exception.

Right now I run it without bukkitforge and am waiting for a version that does work.

• Discord Moderator

- 7 active people on one of my servers and at a solid ~20 TPS

- Folks decide to set up 5 64x64 quarries in mystcraft ages with power and items linked to overworld processing... still solid ~20 TPS

- only 3 people on the server, none of the quarries running, 2 people in pocket_dims... sometimes as low as 15 TPS

I'm not too worried about the minor-ish lag, but not sure how well it would scale. Someone screwed up with a quarry/processing setup (for which they were forced to wear a cape with "Dunce" stenciled on it: http://mc.wegoboom.biz/capes/Dunce_cape.png ) that popped 170K+ entities out into the overworld and the server only dropped to ~12 TPS and the lag was hardly noticeable, but again, not sure how well that would scale if there were 20+ people on instead of 3. IMHO, if at all possible, I'd leave them in because they are pretty freaking cool.

Why do people always insist on removing Dimensional Doors entirely? They can be very useful, and hardly take up any disk space.

Because if you run BukkitForge, and restart the server, it breaks it entirely?

Because if you run BukkitForge, and restart the server, it breaks it entirely?

Oh, I see. I don't use BukkitForge, so I didn't know.

I think MCPC-Plus has a better chance of succeeding, since it provides native support for plugins, and it's probably easier to get Forge into Bukkit than the other way around.

Why do people always insist on removing Dimensional Doors entirely? They can be very useful, and hardly take up any disk space.

You just have to delete all your pocket dimensions on server restart. Dimensional doors leading to rifts in worlds other than pocket dimensions work fine. Make sure you tell your players not to build inside pocket dimensions. Sadly it's a choice between that or having plugins.

Oh, I see. I don't use BukkitForge, so I didn't know.

I think MCPC-Plus has a better chance of succeeding, since it provides native support for plugins, and it's probably easier to get Forge into Bukkit than the other way around.

Is MCPC+ a replacement for BukkitForge? I thought BF was the only way to have Bukkit plugins.

I ran into a pretty bad error using BukkitForge and the BuildCraft Filler block, as soon as it was placed the server crashed. Had to remove BukkitForge to get the server to start again.

Does anyone have good admin resources for running MCPC+? I've only just heard of it myself and can't find much more than the builds on their website.

I ran into a pretty bad error using BukkitForge and the BuildCraft Filler block, as soon as it was placed the server crashed. Had to remove BukkitForge to get the server to start again.

Does anyone have good admin resources for running MCPC+? I've only just heard of it myself and can't find much more than the builds on their website.

What "admin resources" are you looking for? It is a case of downloading the build. Running it and adding plugins as you would with a normal bukkit server.

What "admin resources" are you looking for? It is a case of downloading the build. Running it and adding plugins as you would with a normal bukkit server.

Oh I don't know, documentation of any kind would be nice. Are you saying I have to run the jar file itself to start the server? It replaces TekkitServer.jar? Or is a mod bundle I add to /coremods, /mods, or /plugins?

This isn't my first rodeo. I may not have years of experience running a Bukkit server, but I'm a quick study. To study something, I'd prefer documentation.

Oh I don't know, documentation of any kind would be nice. Are you saying I have to run the jar file itself to start the server? It replaces TekkitServer.jar? Or is a mod bundle I add to /coremods, /mods, or /plugins?

This isn't my first rodeo. I may not have years of experience running a Bukkit server, but I'm a quick study. To study something, I'd prefer documentation.

To my knowledge there is not a vast amount of documentation. You do run the jar file to start the serve in the place of Tekkit.jar. Did a quick Google and found this guide for you. https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral/MCPC-Plus/wiki/How-to-install,-launch-and-use.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I've never performed this kind of brain surgery before, but seems pretty straightforward. Replace the TekkitServer.jar file with the MCPC+ jar. Hope it works better than BukkitForge, in regards to the show stopping crash the latest build has with BuildCraft Fillers.

Is MCPC+ a replacement for BukkitForge? I thought BF was the only way to have Bukkit plugins.

BukkitForge is basically a Forge mod which provides a bit of support for Bukkit plugins.

MCPC+ is basically Bukkit with Forge support. As a result, most Bukkit plugins work on it, as long as they don't try to access Bukkit's Multiworld API, as that will conflict with Forge's dimension handler.

BukkitForge is basically a Forge mod which provides a bit of support for Bukkit plugins.

MCPC+ is basically Bukkit with Forge support. As a result, most Bukkit plugins work on it, as long as they don't try to access Bukkit's Multiworld API, as that will conflict with Forge's dimension handler.

Interesting.

I don't know if I should start a new thread or just post here, but since we're on the subject: I downloaded both the "151 compat 1.5.2" version as well as the 1.5.1 version. The first one crashed after about 20 log lines complaining about not being able to patch Galacticraft. The 1.5.1 version crashed after three seconds with no errors either in server.log or ForgeModLoader-server-0.log. What am I missing?