Let's Test Big Dig 1.3.10!

CanVox

Hey, everyone,

I've just promoted Big Dig 1.3.10 to Latest. There are a ton of key mod updates, along with the addition of a new mod: Simple Power Storage, by Technic's sct! SPS adds a "Makeshift Energy Cell" which can be used as an early-game alternative to the Redstone Energy Cell!

If you're interested in helping test, back up your worlds (SSP or server) and set your launcher up to use the "Latest" build, or manually select version 1.3.10. Play with us and report issues in this thread!

This is a clean slate, so even if you've already reported an issue elsewhere, if it's present in 1.3.10, be sure to report it in this thread.

The 1.3.10 server can be downloaded here: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/bigdig/BigDigServer-v1.3.10.zip

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the changelog for version 1.3.10:

- Updated to Minecraft Forge build 716

- Corrected a rare crash bug in the Forge transparency fix

- Added Simple Power Storage version 1.0.10

- Updated Immibis Core to version 55.1.2

- Updated Chococraft to version 2.8.5

- Updated ComputerCraft: Immibis' Peripherals to version 55.0.1

- Updated Forestry to version 2.2.6.2

- Updated Forestry: Extra Bees to version 1.6 pre10

- Updated MineFactory Reloaded to version 2.6.1.897

- Updated Secret Rooms to version 4.6.0.283

- Updated Soul Shards to version 1.29

- Updated Nether Ores to version 2.1.4.71

- Updated Galacticraft to version a0.1.35.289

- Updated MFFS to version 3.0.2.124

- Updated Magical Crops to version 2.1.0

- Updated Tinkers Construct to version 1.3.4.1

- Updated Natura 2.1 beta 7

- Updated Atomic Science to version 0.5.3.51

- Updated ICBM to version 1.2.0.114

- Updated Mekanism to version 5.5.6.72

- Updated Open Peripheral to version 0.1.0

- Updated Not Enough Items: Plugins to version 1.0.9.2

- Updated Buildcraft: Logistics Pipes to version 0.7.3.5

Loaded up a 1.3.9 save, there were a few mismatched ids, but everything is working so far. One question though, is there any way that the netherores config file could come standard with irrelevant ores already disabled - Green Sapphire and Nikolite for example? It's just a small annoyance.

I'll give her a go mate. Are any problems to be posted in here?

That's right.

Loaded up a 1.3.9 save, there were a few mismatched ids, but everything is working so far. One question though, is there any way that the netherores config file could come standard with irrelevant ores already disabled - Green Sapphire and Nikolite for example? It's just a small annoyance.

Nether Ores by default turns off ores that don't have a furnace/macerator/pulverizer recipe, but I mistakenly activated a setting that forces those ores to be added anyway. That setting has been deactivated in 1.3.10, so we should be all good.

As a suggestion, KEI's Gravel mod would be nice here in Big Dig. I recall him stating that down the road he would add a way to add to the list of drops some custom stuff we can add into it for Metallurgy.

KBI enriched Gravel mod? It looks really kool, I would love to have it as part of Big dig. Not overpowered but still useful.

On another note, no crashes or any bugs/troubles noted so far with 1.3.10. Mind I have only really been messing with Forestry and Magical crops so far.

I am absolutely in love with Forestry/Bees at the moment, are you ever on the look out for other farming/crop mods to add to big dig? or other mods in general, I love the chilled out playstyle of big dig I got a thing for creating nice natural looking setups. Funnily enough I spotted the dynamic glass in the NEI menu and thought that sounds kool and tried it, otherwise I never would've found it :). Thanks for the top notch modpack and great communication mate, don't get that very often. :)

I am absolutely in love with Forestry/Bees at the moment, are you ever on the look out for other farming/crop mods to add to big dig? or other mods in general, I love the chilled out playstyle of big dig I got a thing for creating nice natural looking setups. Funnily enough I spotted the dynamic glass in the NEI menu and thought that sounds kool and tried it, otherwise I never would've found it :). Thanks for the top notch modpack and great communication mate, don't get that very often. :)

Oh gosh, with Magical Crops, Natura, Useful Foods, Forestry/Bees, MineFactory Reloaded, Chocobocraft, etc., I think we're all set on farming mods for the moment. I'll keep a lookout for if one is just really different or sounds like a blast. No problem, I'm glad you're enjoying the pack, and I'll try to keep really open and informative so you guys know what to expect.

I will be doing an update on my server in a few hours if all goes well

Modpack
: I would just like to say a big thank you to the guys who have created this modpack. I have been reading over some of the forums and i can tell that the guys who maintain the BigDig modpack are always trying to fix as many bugs as possible and keep it up to date with the Mod's themselves. I am really glad to see people with a positive attitude and knowledge about modpacks to share there experience with the mods and actually try to talk to the players. People like Direwolf and the FTB team are not really bothered about talking to people like us because they have there noses to far up there ass.

Servers:
I agree the ore generation is a bit 'cheaty' but who cares, we are here to have fun and play the game. I have joined a few servers and noticed allot of stuff is nerfed to donater ranks. I can understand why people do this because servers are not cheap to keep up and running over a long period of time. However I run a few servers and i play the game in survival mode and only a few items are completely banned like destructive missiles. You are free and welcome to join. Just visit my youtube page for more upto date info and Ip addresses
so more of us can play together without having to pay for everything

If you are planning to create your own server with this modpack i am happy to help anyone. I am 29 yrs old with lots of experience in computers and minecraft. I don't spend all day reading forums as i am human lol so if you would like an chat, me and my friends are normally on teamspeak and willing to help. Teamspeak ip: 91.121.80.44:9991 but please for love of god don't annoy people

Many thanks for reading as I just wanted to get some 'shoutouts' about this pack and the creators (and of course to mod builder's themselves) and wanted to offer help if you need any

Modpack create
r:
MANY THANKS DUDE!!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

Luke (aka PukeyLukey69)

D|A Gaming

I think i found another bug to do with mekanism.

Problem: Placed down an Advanced Solar Generator and server crashes when you try to remove it. The server will not boot back up because of error

Temp Fix: Remove and save the mod MekanismGenerators-v5.5.6.72.jar and keep it safe. Server should start now and login. Find where the Solar Generator was and remove the invisible blocks with world edit plugin (//set 0) and then stop server and put the mod MekanismGenerators back in the mods folder. Now start your server and all should be well until the modder aidancbrady can maybe resolve some issues.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: mekanism.api.Object3D.getBlockId(Lnet/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess;)I

at mekanism.generators.common.TileEntitySolarGenerator.onUpdate(TileEntitySolarGenerator.java:86)

at mekanism.common.TileEntityBasicBlock.func_70316_g(TileEntityBasicBlock.java:34)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2277)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:786)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:832)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:320)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:728)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:612)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Full crash report available if you need it

http://pastebin.com/gwG9M0Ny

Luke (aka Pukeylukey69)

D|A' Gaming

I think i found another bug to do with mekanism.

Problem: Placed down an Advanced Solar Generator and server crashes when you try to remove it. The server will not boot back up because of error

Temp Fix: Remove and save the mod MekanismGenerators-v5.5.6.72.jar and keep it safe. Server should start now and login. Find where the Solar Generator was and remove the invisible blocks with world edit plugin (//set 0) and then stop server and put the mod MekanismGenerators back in the mods folder. Now start your server and all should be well until the modder aidancbrady can maybe resolve some issues.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: mekanism.api.Object3D.getBlockId(Lnet/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess;)I

at mekanism.generators.common.TileEntitySolarGenerator.onUpdate(TileEntitySolarGenerator.java:86)

at mekanism.common.TileEntityBasicBlock.func_70316_g(TileEntityBasicBlock.java:34)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2277)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:786)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:832)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:320)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:728)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:612)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Full crash report available if you need it

http://pastebin.com/gwG9M0Ny

Luke (aka Pukeylukey69)

D|A' Gaming

I have had the same issue with the advanced solar generator. Crashed as soon as I placed it. Did not update my server, so it just crashed my game client. Since I could not run any world in 1.3.9, (after a few minutes of running it would cause internal server shutdown and freeze), I have no client worlds that are of any consequence. 1.3.10 did help with my forestry multi-block farm issue. Withn 1.3.9 I could not get the farm to work. Would say I had no fertilizer, even with a stack of fertilizer inputed. It would just use it up, but say I had none. With 1.3.10 the farm is now working.

Sort of. When I try to open a world, it freezes at the "building terrain" screen. The console displays error messages- I put the log in that thread.

It's probably not really helpful, sorry. But the problem exists in this version and the recommended one.

Okay, I found a place that lets me upload files. Here's the link.

Yes, the name of the world is "I hope this works." If that file hosting service isn't very good for some reason and messes something up, let me know and I'll find some other place to put it.

Also, it may be important to say that I can remove the Atomic Science and ICBM files from the mods folder and it lets me load worlds.