Why Mekanism will not feature BuildCraft integration for 1.6

aidancbrady

Explain.

The guy going out of his way to break incompatibilities. The guy who literally threatened to put malware in his mod if it wasn't removed from technic pack. The guy who is so buttfuck backwards in all of his views on how things work, and you're trying to defend him when people get mad? He ruined his own reputation, but being such a complete shitlord with his ideals.

He's basically intentionally making it so other mods can't use the API. The changes may seem fine to you as a player, but from a modding perspective this makes Buildcraft difficult to use unless CJ wants you to - which doesn't seem to be the case for a lot of people. He's removing features - very useful features - for what seems, from his response to Calclavia, to be no reason other than to make it incompatible with other mods. Perhaps there is another resolution, but make no mistake - CovertJaguar is by no means being reasonable and supportive in this so far.

According to CJ:

Also this entire discussion is now moot because I've provided an alternative method to do what was trying to be done via this commit 013fe4e

As you can see, it was indeed possible to satisfy both camps if everyone was willing to just avoid all the drama and get back to talking code.

So, I guess there was no need to worry (this time...)?

Phew.

I'll admit that I can see CJ's side. It would be nice to get rid of code that is really only needed on wooden pipes (for buildcraft's own purposes, anyway)

I guess we can put down our pitchforks and torches and go home.

It is very good to see that this was compromised and the modding community drama was kept relatively low. What happened it exactly what I was trying to say, and that was to get over what was gone, and figure out what was needed to get the functionality that was required, and once that was figured out the problem was resolved very quickly from what I saw in the discussion on github.

It seems like I am wrong, for now...

Although CJ has been causing a few problems lately, this and the tracking blocks, and I don't think that this will be the last of the problems.

I hope that I am wrong though, we certainly don't need more of this.

• 1 month later...