Game-Breaking Exploit needs to be fixed

Pois0nF34r

So I was playing on a private server with some friends when we came across a very game-breaking exploit. With the meteorite armours, right-clicking with it in your hand while it has no enchantments will give it an enchantment depending on what kind of armour it is. You can then put it into an enchanting table and un-enchant to gain levels. Simply take the item out, right click with it again, and repeat.

This could definitely be a huge issue on larger servers, as it allows for people to have free experience. On my server, my friends and I all had armour and weapons with every single enchantment maxed out. We would take almost no damage, and dealt over 40 damage in one attack.

I propose this could be prevented by removing the right-click-to-enchant feature on meteorite armour (making it spawn with the enchantment on it? Not sure how that would work if it's crafted), or by having a timer to dis-enchant items on the Enchanting Plus mod.

Game-breaking means the game is unplayable. I hardly think this bug is game-breaking. Calm down.

I specifically said this was an exploit, not a bug. I'm not even upset. I discovered this on the first day it was released, and just took my jolly time posting it because I felt like it. What I mean when I say "game-breaking" is that it could potentially ruin other people's experiences on a multiplayer server. For instance, if I have Protection IV, Unbreaking III, Exude IV, Fiery Aura I, Cold Touch I, Respiration III, Aqua Affinity I, Thorns III, Soul Tether I, Vitality IV, and Afterlife III just on my helm, with every enchantment on my other pieces of armour and weapons, I could really do some damage to a server.

I specifically said this was an exploit, not a bug. I'm not even upset. I discovered this on the first day it was released, and just took my jolly time posting it because I felt like it. What I mean when I say "game-breaking" is that it could potentially ruin other people's experiences on a multiplayer server. For instance, if I have Protection IV, Unbreaking III, Exude IV, Fiery Aura I, Cold Touch I, Respiration III, Aqua Affinity I, Thorns III, Soul Tether I, Vitality IV, and Afterlife III just on my helm, with every enchantment on my other pieces of armour and weapons, I could really do some damage to a server.

I can confirm that you can in fact do this and he said it's a game-breaking exploit which is exactly what it is. Saying it's game-breaking doesn't mean it will instantly make the game unplayable. Once people know about this they will do some serious damage like the OP stated.

I have fallen for this exploit unfortunately. All I can say is that "I'm using my resources" even though that's a BS excuse, but hey... I just want to kill things and get loot.

Off-Topic Question: Do you have any idea what those certain enchantments do? Exude, Fiery Aura, Soul Tether, Vitality, Afterlife, etc? I've been wondering for so long.

Fiery Aura is a Twilight Forest enchant that acts like a defensive version of Fire Aspect- when you get hit, the enemy gets set on fire.

Vitality gives a 5% chance per level for damage to be dealt to your hunger bar, not your health bar.

Exude gives a 4% chance per rank per tick to remove all Wither effects.

Afterlife gives a 10% chance per level to create a mob egg of the mob killed.

Soul Tether makes it so that all items enchanted with it stay with you when you respawn.

Fiery Aura is a Twilight Forest enchant that acts like a defensive version of Fire Aspect- when you get hit, the enemy gets set on fire.

Vitality gives a 5% chance per level for damage to be dealt to your hunger bar, not your health bar.

Soul Tether makes it so that all items enchanted with it stay with you when you respawn.

Oh thanks! I was looking through all the mods pages but couldn't find anything...

Do you know about Blood, Soul, Decapitate, Soul Stealer, Focus, Bloodletting, Soulsteal, Sanguinary, Ward, and Reading? :P

I know that's a lot to ask, but I seriously cannot find the enchantments for any of these dang mods even by going through the wikis, mod threads, etc.

Bloodletting and Soulsteal let weapons that aren't Glaives or Scythes harvest Blood/Souls.

Focus reduces Glaive/Scythe special attack charge time.

Decapitate gives a higher chance of mob heads dropping.

Ward makes the Asgard Shield Vanguard ability charge faster.

I have no idea what Reading does, sorry.

Blood causes glaives to get you more blood from kills. Soul and bloodletting allow you to collect blood and souls with other weapons than the glaive and scythe. Soul stealer (for soul shards) gets you more than one soul per kill, up to 5 for level V I believe. Reading I think allows you to ead playernames at a greater distance?

Bloodletting and Soulsteal let weapons that aren't Glaives or Scythes harvest Blood/Souls.

Focus reduces Glaive/Scythe special attack charge time.

Decapitate gives a higher chance of mob heads dropping.

Ward makes the Asgard Shield Vanguard ability charge faster.

I have no idea what Reading does, sorry.

Thank you, so much. Are all of these new enchantments from the same mod, or are there a couple mods that add new enchantments? I'm trying to get this stuff into the Wiki, and need a good place to start. This helps.

Thank you, so much. Are all of these new enchantments from the same mod, or are there a couple mods that add new enchantments? I'm trying to get this stuff into the Wiki, and need a good place to start. This helps.

I might be wrong on that, but from what I remember (MCF pages won't load for some reason):

Soul Tether is from LegendGear.

Vitality, AfterLife, Bloodletting, Soulsteal are from Harken Scythe.

Ward might be from Harken Scythe too.

Magnetization and Cold Touch are from the Meteors mod.

The soul shards mod adds a few enchantments, can't remember their names.

You should double check those before adding them to the wiki, but that's what I know.

there are so many ways to become an invincible thunder god in minecraft, one more isn't gonna break the game. you just have to ask yourself, "do i want to be invincible, or do i want to have fun?"

it's kind of like morrowind. you could become *literally* invincible in that game in the first 5 minutes using ash yams and bloat from wolverine hall. there are still a lot of people who will tell you that it was their favorite game ever, and why? because they chose not to do that.

as for SMP, if someone's doing something you don't like on your server, ban them. bam. done. you don't even have to tell them why you banned them if you don't want to!

personally, i think the mechanic of disenchanting gear to gain enchanting levels is fun. it gives me a reason to keep all that garbage gear that drops off of random special mobs. i wouldn't really say that anyone is at fault for this exploit, it's just a bad interaction between two mods.

there are so many ways to become an invincible thunder god in minecraft, one more isn't gonna break the game. you just have to ask yourself, "do i want to be invincible, or do i want to have fun?"

it's kind of like morrowind. you could become *literally* invincible in that game in the first 5 minutes using ash yams and bloat from wolverine hall. there are still a lot of people who will tell you that it was their favorite game ever, and why? because they chose not to do that.

as for SMP, if someone's doing something you don't like on your server, ban them. bam. done. you don't even have to tell them why you banned them if you don't want to!

personally, i think the mechanic of disenchanting gear to gain enchanting levels is fun. it gives me a reason to keep all that garbage gear that drops off of random special mobs. i wouldn't really say that anyone is at fault for this exploit, it's just a bad interaction between two mods.

For me, all I care about is having the thrill of raiding a castle, have a chance of dying but not enough to get owned every time I enter a room, and get all the sweet loot and then return home.

Being invincible doesn't mean someone can't have fun. I prefer not dying over dying, you know? This just makes my life easier as we'd get this much experience anyway in the long run. All I want to worry about it gearing up with some awesome gear, heading out and finding those dungeons/castle, owning them Walkers/what-have-you, taking my loot back home, and relaxing for a bit.

Y'know that gives me a great idea! I keep losing levels while fighting in dungeons, and I wanted a way to create bottle o' enchanting with the levels I accumulate. There doesn't appear to be a way to do that, so do the next best thing. Enchant tools with the highest enchantments I can, then tuck them away someplace safe for when I actually need the levels.