Looking for someone to teach me tekkit...

TekkitNewcomer

So im 13 and I just found out about Technic Launcher mod Tekkit, I really want to play and I watched a lot of tutorial videos but they just don't help me. I have Skype ( Leave your Skype below) And and steam where we can chat. I Just want someone to teach me the basics. Im good at vanilla minecraft but tekkit just confuses me.

Thanks...

Can you explain more what part confuses you?

Is it where to start? What things do? etc? I've found the easiest way to learn Tekkit is to play with certain mods, or parts and then once you're comfortable with them move on to something else.

another thing you can do is to go into creative mode, go into each mod tab and test each mod separatedly. we all started like this. just play like vanilla minecraft and start going into the tekkit side slowly. tbh asking somenone to teach you how to play is kinda of a bad idea.

So im 13 and I just found out about Technic Launcher mod Tekkit, I really want to play and I watched a lot of tutorial videos but they just don't help me. I have Skype ( Leave your Skype below) And and steam where we can chat. I Just want someone to teach me the basics. Im good at vanilla minecraft but tekkit just confuses me.

Thanks...

I would recommend you dive into the new tekkit by first watching you-tube mod spotlights for some of the major mods. I would recommend watching spotlights for Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion, and Mine Factory Reloaded. In that order.

I know direwolf20 has some very good you-tube mod spotlights for Mine Factory Reloaded and Thermal Expansion, not sure about Build-craft.

Really the best thing that helped me understand Tekkit-Volts-lite-classic was the wiki like others have mentioned and many youtube mod spotlights. From there go to creative mode and just make sure you understand how it all works. As others have also said Direwolf20 does almost every mod spotlight you will need.

Direwolf20 has a ton of letsplay that are basically extended tutorials as he explains Everything.

This so much. I have played with mods since 2010 (started with IC and BC), and yet, after watching DW20's season 2 or 3, I forget which, I learned so much new stuff. His LPs are also informative towards new players, and he starts with basic stuff every season, so you don't need to go back to the old stuff to learn. Thing is, he might not have every mod that's in Tekkit in his LPs, but in that case, just adapt and learn the mod yourself - it's not a big deal to do a bit of research on 10% of content, if the remaining 90% is handed to you on a silver platter.

Why would anyone wanna know what everything does from start? Just start a survival map, and play it survival style, then research the machines when u need them, or when u need a specific function to work. That worked for me. And the good thing about tekkit is that there is almost only 1 machine to do stuff, so u dont have to look up and compare 3 machines every time u wanna build 1. Just throw urself into in and see where it goes.

Dont think u are gonne find anyone who wanna help a stangers kid when u havnt even tried anything or look anywhere on ur own.

• 2 weeks later...