Modular powersuit disatisfaction

Norman1346

I am not a fan of this mod. Does anyone else feel this way? Or are you a big fan for a reason I am not considering?

Everything is so expensive to instal in the suit. I built a set and it sits in a chest in my lab because I am afraid to lose the dozens of diamonds it took to make a decent suit of armor that is not weaker than plain vanilla iron armor.

Perhaps I am missing something?

If only the upgrades installed into the power-suit tinker table instead of into the suit itself. That way if you die you would not potentially lose tons of diamond and only have to make the suit itself again.

As of now I can't imagine I will ever use the suit much, unless somehow I end up with a stock pile of diamonds or I just decide to start spawning stuff in.

• Discord Moderator

Run through 2 or 3 64x64 quarries in a mystcraft world and you'll never have to worry about resources again. That being said, once you get a powersuit fully equipped with force field emitters you are, for all practical purposes, invulnerable. Why would you ever worry about dying?

I personally don't see there's an issue with the expense of the parts of the power suit. Once you progress to the point where you're plopping down 64x64 quarries and strip mining, the "precious materials" start coming in at fairly surprising rates. Yes it's a stretch of resources to build a suit with all the features but it's end-game armor, it's supposed to be difficult to obtain. Nor do you need every single upgrade and you don't need every upgrade tuned up to full to be effective. The power suit doesn't play like vanilla iron armor in which you just put it on and go.

With a properly configured and balanced suit of armor, death becomes less likely by anything other than pvp or user error. When a hit from an enderman only does one and a half hearts of damage it's going to take longer to kill you (I'm probably exaggerating but you get the idea). Meanwhile you can use the suit's weaponry to totally decimate anything short of endermen. A fully ramped rail gun will oneshot everything it's just not so effective at close range. You even survive shallow lava dunkings better with the suit.

Modular Powersuits still need work but I like what's been done so far.

Run through 2 or 3 64x64 quarries in a mystcraft world and you'll never have to worry about resources again. That being said, once you get a powersuit fully equipped with force field emitters you are, for all practical purposes, invulnerable. Why would you ever worry about dying?

I would not want to make a suit of armor that breaks the game like that. I thought modular power-suits was supposed to be less OP than quantum armor.

So it takes tons of diamonds to make power armor as strong as iron armor, making it useless in the early game, and once you have lots of diamonds it makes you a god... hmm, your not making me like this mod any better.

To me OP mods defeat the purpose of playing.

Well, for one, unlike quantum armor, if something hits you, you take damage. The damage can be greatly reduced with energy shielding and such, but you still take damage if hit hard enough. And for two, if you think it's too powerful, you can simply remove that part from your suit in the tinker table, or at least turn it down to make it weaker. So yeah, it can be nearly over powered if you turn everything too 11, but you usually don't need to turn things up that far for the suit to be fun to use. In fact, having things turned down makes it more fun cause you have to actually be a little more careful again.

I would not want to make a suit of armor that breaks the game like that. I thought modular power-suits was supposed to be less OP than quantum armor.

So it takes tons of diamonds to make power armor as strong as iron armor, making it useless in the early game, and once you have lots of diamonds it makes you a god... hmm, your not making me like this mod any better.

To me OP mods defeat the purpose of playing.

To each his own Norman, you define the purpose of playing that applies to you. Minecraft by it's nature allows you to set your own goals and challenges and restrictions as to how to obtain them. You think the armor is OP don't make them and don't wear them. The Power Tool is very useful and not too expensive to build the utility modules.

diamonds/iron/gold is even easier to come by using a mob farm with grinders. Capture the mob essence, feed an auto-spawner that has an ender man contained in and grind those suckers. Sit back and watch the ender pearls roll in.

I love this suit, the all in one thing is just awesome, not to talk about the fact that u can personalize it with coloring.

But it being up? Maybe, but not really, if wanna die, u die, but if u play smart u dont die. And yes the first installments har expensive, but why do u want an armor that gives protection like vanilla armor but costless? If u think the suit is to expensive just use diamond armor.

Btw, u say u die to easy ? Do u know that u have to tinker with the armor for it to work? After u install something u have to choose, how much effect u want, more effect = more weight, and to much weight u cant walk. So yes i can make urself pretty much op and take 0 dmg, but then u are to heavy to walk.