tekkit 1.6.2?

static1234567

powercrystals has a good mostly stable release of mfr, 5 in fact. works ok with thermal expansion. but with TE3 beta available now, I'm sure he'll have a good strong release soon enough, will full TE3 support AND multi mod support. currently there are issues when other mods are added to the mix between mfr and te3.

btw: MFR biofuel will no longer be as OP. It takes a LOT more to get a good biofuel setup going. But once you do, oh man is it still worth it. so yeah, Now it's resource balanced a bit better.

Galacticraft mars is so much fun as well. You'll be glad you waited for tekkit to get all the mods together though.

So much synergy between the mods now. They do not completely share the same energy systems, but they all connect in odd and wonderful ways. Like galacticraft wires. Those things just work so nicely! Te3 conduits are a whole nother beast now(in the good way). And the item ducts are interesting to use. Mystcraft has a lot of new toys(symbols) and plays better with the other mods. a lot of the other mods have added or changes their features.

The thing I see most, holding Tekkit 1.6.2 back is simply this: Not all 1.6.x mods are completely stable. When you add them together, they do not always play nice, yet. There hasn't been enough time with all the mods available to iron out the cross mod bugs yet. Each mod may be stable and very much playable on their own, but when added together, compatibility is a bit shaky yet. Just give it some more time for the mods to mature a little more, now that they are all here for the world to try. Shouldn't take long.

also be cautious... 1.6.2 runs a little different server strategy. getting the modpack working, and keeping it from eating all your memory is a different can of worms now.

running a server with 1.6.2 should actually be easier. minecraft does a better job of splitting up server and client data and demand in 1.6.x and higher. it's mostly in single player that you get hit harder with memory usage.

I've played with basically every mod in Tekkit, on a 1.6.4 alpha modpack(non-tekkit). They all work, but the demand on the computer is a little higher then Tekkit is. Partly due to config differences. On my system, the mods run a little unstable. I've only got a 32 bit system to run it on though. My computer is old... I'm sure the Tekkit team are on the same page here though, but with more stable computers I'm sure. Anyways. The mods are all there now. Now we merely need to wait for the pack to become stable enough for release.

well as long as it gets up and running i dont mind. and i would love to hear a estimated date from the maker, most likely wont happen but hey i can dream

No asking for ETA's
- We are tired of these questions. Updates depend on lots of different things and they happen when they happen.

Technically I should have issued a warning and shut this thread down already, but I let it go because I didn't see an actual request.

You can discuss how the mods are coming, but asking when the pack will be done is off limits.

Technically I should have issued a warning and shut this thread down already, but I let it go because I didn't see an actual request.

You can discuss how the mods are coming, but asking when the pack will be done is off limits.

I do thank you for humoring us with allowing us to continue in this thread the way we have been, its always felt rather odd for me that all the times i have swung by the forums i never saw many conversations regarding the development of the tekkit mod pack, i'm aware that asking questions regarding it develpment is against the rules but is their a place where it is allowed to be discussed? I'm just very curious regarding its development as i have found myself becoming such a huge fan of the work being done with all these different mods.

As I said, discussion is fine. "I want to know when", "why haven't they told us when?", "can we please get a date?" is not.

Speculating as to when is not a good idea because, as illustrated earlier in their thread, people will take misunderstandings and even wild guesses as official announcements. And real or not, if an "official" ETA is missed then some kid is going to get butthurt and do his best to let the world know the technic team just destroyed all happiness forever by killing the easter bunny, stuffing his corpse with all the halloween candy, and using that bloody pinata to beat santa and his reindeer to death.

just destroyed all happiness forever by killing the easter bunny' date=' stuffing his corpse with all the halloween candy, and using that bloody pinata to beat santa and his reindeer to death.[/quote']

Is it wrong for me to say that I'd pay to see that happen?

But wouldn't completely ignoring such requests be a better solution than locking a thread or using the ban hammer and essentially killing any possible constructive discussion? If they get the wrong idea from an unofficial source then guess who's fault that is? It's a PEBKAC error... (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair)

just destroyed all happiness forever by killing the easter bunny' date=' stuffing his corpse with all the halloween candy, and using that bloody pinata to beat santa and his reindeer to death[/quote']

heh, nice way of saying that Neowulf. I applaud you. :)

But wouldn't completely ignoring such requests be a better solution than locking a thread or using the ban hammer and essentially killing any possible constructive discussion? If they get the wrong idea from an unofficial source then guess who's fault that is? It's a PEBKAC error... (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair)

Ignoring the requests just breeds speculation, and silence is implied agreement.

"If it wasn't true they'd have told us so, so it is true and that means it has to be released right now. But it isn't released so they lied and killed all happiness forever!!!"

I wouldn't expect a release of MFR from Powercrystals any time soon. On his Github account, it says he hasn't been seen since the end of July. We may as well all use Skyboy's version.

Uh.. no.

Skyboy did some pretty crazy things to MFR. One of which is to directly hack Buildcraft, which has caused the BC team to label it as unsupported. While they eventually got that taken care of, I do know that other mods have problems with the current version of MFR.