archimedes ship's bug/crash

bor_12345

Carpenter's blocks and Microblocks aren't compatible with the way Archimedes' Ships mod stores information - microblocks will be destroyed at present and carpenter's blocks will cause a crash.

From what I know about the way Archimedes ships store info (which is admittedly secondhand, I haven't seen a lot on this) it seems like changing it to allow carpenters blocks to be stored properly would be a nightmare - the most likely solutions are going to be that all carpenters blocks attached will be destroyed (not such a big deal, archimedes' mod doesn't store rotation information so it's not like you could use them for slopes or anything) or they simply get added to the config file of blocks to not pick up (that would actually be really useful and would allow building much nicer docks).

I had a carpenter's door, where I changed the texture with the hammer, as well as adding the oak wood texture, and I was able to fly my ship. When I opened the door, and then tried to fly, that is when it crashed. I had no other carpenter's blocks, however. I did have a magmatic dynamo (paired with a magma crucible) powering a pulverizer. The conduits that I used connecting the two machines did disappear when "boarding" my ship.

It won't always crash immediately, but it will always crash :)

Blocks that it doesn't succeed in storing like conduits or microblocks it simply removes (though be careful, this allows it to make open-air connections through microblocks - the microblock gets destroyed but everything viable that block was touching still gets picked up).

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my problem, I have none of those things in my ship at all, and yet i'm still crashing. I did have microblocks, and I took them out. But otherwise, i don't know what's wrong with it. and i don't know how to fix it either, nor can i go back into minecraft. Can somebody tell me what might be wrong?

It would be very appreciated...

wolfdiggsmc - we would need additional information related to your ship set-up and it may be that your ship isn't the one causing the crash. Post on the tracker with this issue after reading the guidelines. links in my signature.

• 1 month later...

i dont know if anybody else has had this problem, but i spent quite a  while building a ship. it's pretty big. i have only put some fence pieces, a crafting table, a chest and wooden blocks other than the helm. i tried to sail away, and got dragged backwards into a cliffside. i started dying once the helm was pulled in. so i pressed shift to jump out. now if i jump in it, i die and i cant decompile it before i do the button is dimmed is there any way i can save my ship and not lose what was in my chest.

i would really appreciate some help, i spent ages collecting different kinds of wood for different sections of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I need some help,

I was playing a lan world with a friend and then left when I was in an archimeds ship.

When we came back, my friend joined and then when he opened to lan and I joined the whole world crashed over and over again.

please help he is mad at me thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a huge problem. I run a server for Attack of B-team. I built an airship with biomes o plenty wood, tinkers clear glass, carpenter blocks with glass and wood inserted, item cannons, thermal expansion chests, inverted lamps, hollow micro blocks, advanced drawbridges with wood insert. I went to pilot it and it crashed my client, not the server. Now I took the server save into MC edit, and I see my player, but no ship. I move character and it crashes server with error wrong location. But I do nothing server runs fine. I delete blocks around the player and it opens, server works, but when I launch client crashes. 

If the ship just vanished why is it still that I can't log in. I have also tried reinstalling technic AOTBT files and still client crashed. I don't know what else to do to get the game working at all. PLEASE ADVICE!!!

Edited by RJ_HP860

The ship didn't vanish, it's probably still attached to your player.  Keep mashing shift to get off the ship the second you log in, it might take a few goes but eventually it should work.

Failing that you'll need to remove the ship in MCEdit (remember it's an entity now, not blocks!)

So I tried the hitting Lshift upon login, nothing. So I took the world into MC edit and deleted the entities around the player bigger than what the ship was and the blocks as well. Still when I take the saved world into singleplayer to test the game client crashes. 

I don't know what else to do. Seem I have done all plausible options.

Thanks for any help! 

First time i saw how the archimedes ships worked it was so cool and i just built a small airship with floaters, airballoons, measurement gauges and a helm. Also a few fences of oak. At first it worked and i built a lot of airships and boats. But now, everytime i try to enter the airship (right-clicking the helm) AOTBT crashes. Even when i build only small and simple airships it all crashes. What could be wrong? Anyone know a solution?

Any help would be great. :psyduck:

No problem, member.  That usually fixes it (for future people reading this the Tracker is here and it often takes a few goes to get off the ship, so keep trying 5-10 times, it usually only takes 2-3 but you might get unlucky).

Creator, make sure it's not touching any other object - that includes long grass, microblocks next to one another and torches (those all count as full blocks).  Carpenters blocks will cause a crash and microblocks may.  I'd suggest making a 'ship' on top of a dirt platform that's just made out of the ship helm and then just add things one or two blocks at a time - anything that's not vanilla isn't guaranteed to behave properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I've been researching my problem with ATOBT and the archimedes ships. I was in the middle of building the ship and went to right click the controls and the game crashed to the launcher immediately.

I've tried spamming shift click as I relogged and it didn't work. I tried to do this at least 6 times. (Make that about 12 times now)

Should I post my error log in a message? I'm on a multiplayer server that is private, it's just my two friends and I.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Fenster2244

Hey loader, i had a friend help me this morning. He tried to destroy the ship and was able to get some pieces off of it. I was then able to log in just fine.

I took off all of the non-vanilla blocks, such as the carpenter's blocks. 

Is it safe to try to get it working again or should I scrap the whole ship?

No carpenters blocks, no microblocks.  The best bet is to stick with vanilla stuff, test it, then add stuff and continue to test, hopping on the helm each time you add something from a new mod.

If your friend managed to break blocks on it, you must've got off successfully - you can't do that while it's being driven.  How exactly did it happen from your perspective?  It might help other people.

Ok, so the main body of the airship was completed (complete with carpenter's blocks).

I had not added on the balloons yet.

So I then added the helm to the front of the ship. With the gauges in hand (im assuming they were the proper ones for the airship, as there are two versions). I misclicked and ended up right clicking the helm to jump into the driver's seat, it was then that the game crashed and kept crashing as I tried to log in.

I did try repeatedly hitting the left shift to dismount but to no avail. I tried also disabling my resource pack (sphax resource pack) and it didn't work still.

Fortunately one of my friends is also on the server. He tried to destroy the ship, but could not. So he poured lava on it, lol.. I'm not sure what he did but it worked and he was able to remove the helm from the ship. I was then able to safely log in with no trouble.

I'm going to try rebuilding the ship later this day.

I went back and rebuilt the entire ship. When I was rebuilding i was careful to only use vanilla blocks. I added a bed, two seats, chest, worktable (vanilla version), and an oven.

It flies around perfectly and I'm having no issues flying it.

Edited by Fenster2244

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

i just recently got a crash from this bug, but the thing is that whenever i get on it immediately crashes me. Even after the helm was removed, and when i opened the crash report on the launcher it said it had to do with projected, which is what i use to store my items.

ps: I was sitting o a mr.crayfish furniture mod red couch

Edited by salvatoretraversone