nether ore mod

crusaderkvw

hey there people,

Just made my first journey into the nether only to find that the ores randomly explode when you mine them... is there anyway to prevent/counter this?

also: do these explosions destroy the mined ores if not picked up on time?? same goes for chain reaction explosions: won't they destroy that precious loot?

you could mine the ore using a quarry, as far as I know, it won't let any ore explode.

Yes, explosions could harm items, but I think the often resulting fire is even more dangerous to the items ;)

I think that the strength of an explosion is dependent on the kind of ore, in my opinion netherQuarzOre has the lightest explosion...

The mod is called NetherOres. It is part of Powercrystals. You can find the config in tekkitmainconfigpowercrystalsnetherorescommon.cfg

In that file is the line:

# NetherOres have a chance to explode when mined if true.
    B:ExplosionEnable=true

change true to false

also, if you really want easy mode:

# If true, when NetherOres are mined, nearby pigmen become angry to the player.
    B:AngryPigmenEnable=true

I agree, I dig those F***ers all day long and take every explosion right in the face. Too hardcore for this world.

that is funny, but also not what I meant. I mean people should be problem solving and looking for another way to do things not cheating by editing config files

it's not always cheating. It's just an option has to how you want to play the game. I held polls on my forums for my players to vote on things like config changes in the server. It ended with majority votes for hardmode, no nether ore explosions, and no hellfish. So that's what we do. It's not cheating, it's just the way that a particular community happens to enjoy a SANDBOX.

that is funny, but also not what I meant. I mean people should be problem solving and looking for another way to do things not cheating by editing config files

Minecraft is great because you can play it any way you like. Someone might enjoy manually gathering resources, and then automating the crafting process, but doesn't like high difficulty games, so they play survival on low difficulty (no exploding ores), whereas someone else(like me) might like manually gathering resources, automating crafting, but enjoys the game in its most difficult form(hardcore difficulty, explosions on, lots of mobs). "Easy mode" can be defined differently by each person. I see anything below hardcore as "Easy mode", but OP might struggle on medium.

Essentially, minecraft lets you play the way that YOU will most enjoy the game. That's why it rocks.

haha, i do not struggle on medium. altough i die too much on hard(aggresive cave exploring :P) so that it actually gets frustrating. anyways: thanks for pointing out those config settings. probally won't edit any of them tho :P. nether ores are just extra bonus income for me hahaha

altough i do need to get me a enchantment table(level 46 atm) so i do have alot to lose if and when i die

I have nuclear reactors online, AE sytems to autocraft everything, drives full of resources, and I have not yet made an enchanting table. Level 120 and have died at level 60  ~10 times. Thanks for reminding me that enchanting is a thing lol :P

I just try and think of it like learning math in school. They don't make it easier because you have a difficult time with it. It is that way to help you learn how to problem solve. Minecraft can help people learn to problem solve to, just in a fun way. sure you can play however you want but in the end you're only hurting yourself. it is really no different than using godmode in any other game. you can do it, no one is stopping you, but is it really fun anymore? maybe I am alone thinking this, I like the challenge, I prefer it not to be easy. I like thinking. hmm that didn't work what would be a better way.

I just try and think of it like learning math in school. They don't make it easier because you have a difficult time with it. It is that way to help you learn how to problem solve. Minecraft can help people learn to problem solve to, just in a fun way. sure you can play however you want but in the end you're only hurting yourself. it is really no different than using godmode in any other game. you can do it, no one is stopping you, but is it really fun anymore? maybe I am alone thinking this, I like the challenge, I prefer it not to be easy. I like thinking. hmm that didn't work what would be a better way.

You can't compare a game to math though. The purpose of math class is to teach you a life skill that can be applied in many different fields. The purpose of a game is to entertain the player. I know a lot of people that enjoy using all the cheats they can and god-moding games because they like the feeling of being all powerful in a game world, that's the way they enjoy the game. You and I enjoy the game through problem solving and difficulty, but not everyone finds that fun.

Don't think of a game's variable difficulty setting as a way to slowly climb up the challenge ladder and play as hardcore as possible. Think of them as individual settings to be played in any order for any length of time, or sometimes not at all, in an attempt to cater to each type of gamer. 

Oh this one is simple.

Whenever you mine Nether ores be sure to have your sound on. You will hear a sound like the TnT when it's about to explode. That sound means that a Nether ore is about to explode. If you find which one is about to explode, tends to be the one adjacent to the ore you just mined, you can deny the ore explosion.

The nether ores used to give off little black puffs just before they explode.  And by "just before", I mean about a half second longer then it takes you to mine it with an iron pick.  So if you see it right away, you can still mine the ore block before it goes boom.

At least they used too...

Edited by jakalth