Scary noises

Whovian

I'm quite experienced in normal Minecraft, but I am super new to Technic and Tekkit. If I select Tekkit at the login, I don't know if single player is Technic or Tekkit. But never mind that. I selected Tekkit and played on single player. I got these scary noises. Trust me, they weren't the standard MC cave noises, they were too persistent and I took those out AFTER starting up Tekkit anyway.

Sorry about my incredibly annoying voice. Also, note that I made a noise with my mouth that may have sounded like a REALLY bad attempt at making a scary noise, that was not what I was talking about, that was more of a "listen to that noise in the background, did you hear that?"

I nuked the whole area afterwards after making a copy of my save file and switching it to creative, and didn't find anything. I still heard the noise. Anyone?

In case you want to verify, seed is batterup98 and coords are x = 143, y = 28, z = 256, and f = 3 (though I don't know what f is and I doubt it matters.)

Matmos is one of the best things to happen to this game in my opinion. Fills the huge amount of silence in the game quite nicely.

Also, I can't figure out what OP's gender is.

:P

I also like Matmos too for filling the awkward silences. The wind is pretty realistic in my opinion...

Show how, then. Fairly sure the launcher says "Technic SSP" when you launch that particular modpack and it's pretty explicit on the Technic Pack website that Technic SSP is for, well, SSP, and Tekkit is for multiplayer.

Flashing lights across the screen calling them retarded if they click the "Multiplayer" button in technic.

I think over all the separation of Technic and tekkit could better. Its like when the launcher was released, you went to the tekkit download section and downloaded it and it defaulted to technic. The name similarities and the fact that the whole domain is named after one of the mods helps add to the confusion.

I think over all the separation of Technic and tekkit could better. Its like when the launcher was released, you went to the tekkit download section and downloaded it and it defaulted to technic. The name similarities and the fact that the whole domain is named after one of the mods helps add to the confusion.

If you refused to read, yes it was confusing. I went looking for "tekkit" and figured it out, and I'm not exactly a genius with this stuff. There is a drop-down menu with "technic" showing one creeper and "tekkit" showing two creepers. It's really not that confusing.

And despite the very VERY frequent mispellings of both packs, "Tekkit" and "Technic" are really not hugely similar words. They just sound sorta similar. Since I don't download based on sound, or read instructions based on sound, it wasn't a problem...

I mean, COULD it be better? Probably. But people would still have issues with it and it seems like it's not really worth the time investment when it's easy enough to use as-is.

Not really.

You see, there are these things called words. Each word has a unique spelling and although some might seem similar, upon closer inspection, otherwise known as reading, you'll find the differences.

Now, if you're illiterate and lazy, I can see how this would be a problem. A way to correct this is to go back to school and get your GED or whatever. Maybe take some college courses until you feel really confident that you can determine TECHNIC, from TEKKIT.

Now, let's move on to numbers. IT'S OK, DON'T PANIC! I'm not going to ask you to identify anything past the number 2. So... breathe.

Ok. Ready?

1 creeper is alone. He plays by himself, or in gaming terms, single player. Which is what Technic is.

2 creepers are not alone. They are together. They play together, or in gaming terms, multiplayer. Which is what Tekkit is.

Still with me? Awesome.

So, we've got two defining characteristics between Technic and Tekkit. Spelling and Numbers.

How is this confusing again?

If you refused to read, yes it was confusing. I went looking for "tekkit" and figured it out, and I'm not exactly a genius with this stuff. There is a drop-down menu with "technic" showing one creeper and "tekkit" showing two creepers. It's really not that confusing.

And despite the very VERY frequent mispellings of both packs, "Tekkit" and "Technic" are really not hugely similar words. They just sound sorta similar. Since I don't download based on sound, or read instructions based on sound, it wasn't a problem...

I mean, COULD it be better? Probably. But people would still have issues with it and it seems like it's not really worth the time investment when it's easy enough to use as-is.

There had been no drop down menu before and the technic in the corner could just as well a reference to technicpack.net. Instead the current system has Technic by technic and tekkit by technic.

It gets even worse if you're trying to make someone new to the entire thing. Me and a friend got into it all from a third friend and it was a nightmare to begin using. One of us ended up with technic and the other with tekkit as tekkit comes from the technic site and they sound similar, especially verbally.

Technic by technic found on the technic website or tekkit by technic found on the technic website.

Yeah it all makes sense once you already know how it all works but to completely new people its a mess.

No it's not.

It's straight and simple man. Stop complaining about something that works.

The Launcher is pretty straight forward. Technic, tekkit, yogbox, voxelbox, hack/mine, I mean jesus shit. HOW HARD IS IT TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY?!?!?

If people can't determine Technic and Tekkit, then they need to do the work. Sorry, you're simply not going to get a drop of sympathy about this from me. Even if they put SSP on Technic, people would STILL bitch about what you're bitching about now. It's absolutely ridiculous. How much handholding does one person need to do in order to LAUNCH a friggin' game?

If they can't do that, if they can't explore the options, then they can stop. Just, stop. Because the next step is coming to the forums and posting something ridiculous.

Now, that being said...

Thank you for actually using full on words, sentences, and throwing your argument into a paragraph. It sort of makes you look like a moron, but at least a moron who took an English class or three.

No it's not.

It's straight and simple man. Stop complaining about something that works.

The Launcher is pretty straight forward. Technic, tekkit, yogbox, voxelbox, hack/mine, I mean jesus shit. HOW HARD IS IT TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY?!?!?

If people can't determine Technic and Tekkit, then they need to do the work. Sorry, you're simply not going to get a drop of sympathy about this from me. Even if they put SSP on Technic, people would STILL bitch about what you're bitching about now. It's absolutely ridiculous. How much handholding does one person need to do in order to LAUNCH a friggin' game?

If they can't do that, if they can't explore the options, then they can stop. Just, stop. Because the next step is coming to the forums and posting something ridiculous.

Now, that being said...

Thank you for actually using full on words, sentences, and throwing your argument into a paragraph. It sort of makes you look like a moron, but at least a moron who took an English class or three.

SSP might make perfect sense to you, but the avarage user might not understand that.

Just change it to singleplayer and it all improves =]

usability!!