Compared to 2 years ago, Technic seems dead

I have not been on the technic forums for over a year, but today I desided to come and check them out again.  I see only 3 active posts per forum and barely any activity in the off topic.  WHAT HAS HAPPENED!?! Kaker has not posted in a while, neither has Cheapshot, and it seems like most of the celebs have moved to FTB.  Also, it seems like hardly anything new is going on packwise.  All this leaves me a little depressed at what the glory of technic has become. 

I never hear anything anymore on the evilness of technic.  I don't think Sir Sengir or FC even remember you all for how deserted this is.  I mean, where are is all the "hate speech" that used to go on here.  Now all that seemes to be left are people whining, "Join my server!" or, "Why is this so buggy?" 

And finally, why is kittyjail still alive? That post is older than most anything else on the forums. 

If any of you can briefly catch me up to speed, that would be nice.

Kittyjail is alive because we've created a community there and have gotten to know each other quite a bit, the bitching has always been on these (and most) forums, new rules have been established which have pretty much killed off the backseat moderating and the ganging of up on dumb people (GJ brain for that sentence), new packs are being released and updated constantly, and the morons who came here to hate on technic has mostly gone away, thankfully. I don't know which these celebs you talk about are.

Anything I forgot to mention?

The celebs I have mentioned were moderators, modders, and general Technic team members (IceWolf, SimpleGuy, Ragnar, Jakj to name a few) who made it a must to go to the forums daily for a good laugh or some cool new conversation.  As you can see by my number of posts, I did not join in on these, but I did enjoy reading them. 

The whale box was full of those stupid posts that always ended with a mod or admin locking it down and finishing it with a get bent.  Now it seems like the only active post is kitty jail, and instead of interesting topics popping up every day, people just post in there.

The nostalgia of the good ol days (what i consider as 2012 for this forum) is what drove me to post this, and that is why I made the original post.

Lastly, what ever became of that one argument thread(I forgot what it was called)? Are the kitty jail and Hellen Keller and Stupid Newbie tags still around? And is BigDig ever going to update, or can I give up hope on that doing so?

Edited by inittowinitall

Oh, right, the PAINS matches. Not sure what happened to the threads, but from what I can tell there weren't that many major arguments that would have resulted in a PAINS match in the first place. Forgot those even happened, to be honest.

Technic only seems dead because its actually starting to take off. We have a live stream set this friday to announce our new platform and launcher. KakerMix and Co are busy getting this setup and we've been going non-stop since Attack of the B-Team rollout. 

The celebs I have mentioned were moderators, modders, and general Technic team members (IceWolf, SimpleGuy, Ragnar, Jakj to name a few) who made it a must to go to the forums daily for a good laugh or some cool new conversation.

Alot of the celebs you mention moved on. A lot of changing of the guard has happened lately including new members.  

the fact is that most people just want to play them some minecraft.  most of the activity on these forums is on the bug trackers, because in general people only come here when shit's broken.  I don't think that's a terrible thing, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Things are better now in my opinion. Finally a proper Tracker/ Bug Report system! Finally a proper Bug Rules and Guidelines to point users to!

Things were worse back when I started helping people with bug reports. Now we even have more users helping others with the bug reports!

It used to be 2 people, then those 2 went away.

Then there was me.... finally there're more!