IC2

blubbaxx

• Moderators

IC2 is dead.

Add it yourself if you really want it. The development of that mod has stopped, if you wish it to continue I'd suggest you start learning java code and update the mod

Edit. you may want to visit this wiki page. http://wiki.technicpack.net/IC2RP2ReplacementGuide

Edited by Munaus

Only thing I find missing in Tekkit that IC2 provided is wind turbines, or some similar easy to set up low maintainance power generation system.

Of course there's the fusion generators, but they are expensive to make, and unless you need to power a small country they are pretty overkill.

I also have a mainainance-free generator design that runs on animal cruelty, but it's a bit of a bother to set up.

Edited by Kezr

• Discord Moderator

Not sure where the idea that IC2 was not under continuous development came from. IC2 was one of the first mods to be updated to Forge/MC 1.7.2. While it is true that IC2 will not be coming back to Tekkit it is quite viable and stable if you wish to add it in yourself.

IC2 Info:

• Moderators

Not sure where the idea that IC2 was not under continuous development came from. IC2 was one of the first mods to be updated to Forge/MC 1.7.2. While it is true that IC2 will not be coming back to Tekkit it is quite viable and stable if you wish to add it in yourself.

well.... I guess I stand corrected. IC2 is half- alive (?).

Really miss induction furnaces from ic2. No furnace is nearly as fast as the Induction furnace in the current Tekkit

Not even the Induction Smelter?

I miss too those upgraded machines, that you can turn on and they gained speed and processed resources very fast (and those uprgrades that i could put into them) And scrap, scrapbox and UU-matter.

And I have never chance to play with crops (I tried to crossbreed hops)

• Discord Moderator

Currently, if you want to be able to process resources quickly you either use Mekanism's factories or IC2 machines (upgraded or advanced). While TE is lauded (and rightly so) on elegance and stability the fact that the machines aren't upgradable and that they are very slow (I can mine by hand faster than they process) can be frustrating. Mek is quite mature now and IC2, while it did have a few wrinkles in the dev process going from 1.4.x to 1.5.x, is now quite stable and current. Some fun changes/upgrades in the mod since TekkitLite and before. Is it for everyone? No. Is it still quite fun? Indeed. (in my opinion)

While TE is lauded (and rightly so) on elegance and stability the fact that the machines aren't upgradable...

There was talk, among cofh team members, of making upgrades for the various machines in TE.  Not sure if that is still going to go forwards or not.  Hopefully it will sometime soon, I do miss being able to make high speed, ultra-compact processing centers for incoming resources.

Only thing I find missing in Tekkit that IC2 provided is wind turbines, or some similar easy to set up low maintainance power generation system.

Of course there's the fusion generators, but they are expensive to make, and unless you need to power a small country they are pretty overkill.

I also have a mainainance-free generator design that runs on animal cruelty, but it's a bit of a bother to set up.

Ahh, yes, what you're looking for is the Big Reactors mod.

well.... I guess I stand corrected. IC2 is half- alive (?).

Zombie?

• Discord Moderator

The talk has been going on for the better part of a year now, largely speculation by players/users. Supposedly someone in the dev chain has commented that the next version will have upgrades. At this point there are so many alternatives that I don't worry about it any more.

Ahh, yes, what you're looking for is the Big Reactors mod.

Nope. You misunderstood me. What im looking for is something that does not require fuel or maintainance, yet produces a constant output.

The solar panels from Galacticraft kind of qualifies, but they are shit, and expensive to make.

Nope. You misunderstood me. What im looking for is something that does not require fuel or maintainance, yet produces a constant output.

Yes, exactly.  No maintenance required, no melting down or blowing up whatsoever.  Fill a reactor up with Yellorite and it'll provide steady power for several real life days.  If you want 0 input, hook up a Cyanite re-processor and a bit of itemduct to make an infinite power loop.  It's that easy.  The base materials are as simple as graphite (smelted coal) and iron, too.

There is only 1 thing I miss and it's not from IC2, but nuclear control. Information panels. Computercraft can be cool but 2 blocks for a simple sign isn't practical (computer and monitor). Colored signs from plugin's still are on wood and that doesn't fit in with the rest of the mod.

About smelting speed, the TE Induction Smelter did receive a general speed upgrade somewhere during the TE3 transition - but it just works for pulverized metals. Those should smelt very fast, given you have the sand to keep the smelter stuffed. Not sure if this also goes for the Redstone Furnace, but the Induction Smelter is superior to it for many purposes anyway.

Sure IC is not dead as in abandoned, but adding it to the current Tekkit is not trivial and will likely not produce the intended results.

• Discord Moderator

Sure IC is not dead as in abandoned, but adding it to the current Tekkit is not trivial and will likely not produce the intended results.

This, in a nutshell. I think many people don't understand the work involved in making a reasonably well balanced pack that is fun to play, is stable and has some longevity.