macerators

misakar

hi, i've set up a sorting system for my quarry which (should) be working now, but to save resources, is there a block that can store ores and then feed it into the macerator? so, i want to put iron and gold into one macerator, but of course, if the two combine, the gold/iron will spew out. is there such a block i can use?

Thanks! :D

You are either running Tekkit Classic (which still has IC2, and Macerators) or are referring to a different kind of block.

As for the question, the early game method of choice is buffer chests (preferably Strongboxes) and Itemducts to route the ores. As has already been stated, add pneumatic servos to control what goes where.

If the Itemducts get stuffed too quickly and cannot unload everything, craft them into Impulse Itemducts by infusing them with liquified Glowstone with a Magma Crucible / Fluid Transposer setup.

Hoppers also work, however, they are more expensive than normal chests (but likely not as expensive as strongboxes). I never used normal chests for that (placed directly next or above a pulverizer) so I can not say how it reacts.

As for the question, the early game method of choice is buffer chests (preferably Strongboxes) and Itemducts to route the ores. As has already been stated, add pneumatic servos to control what goes where.

Why strongboxes? (asking out of curiosity)...are they behaving especially well?

I like the fact that I can remove and change them at any time, and never have to worry about emptying them first. Also, the first two levels are not really expensive. Four tin ingots to a chest, and four invar ingots for the first upgrade. They are also 100% explosion resistent and will not be destroyed by lava, even if dropped into it.

With Iron Chests (up to diamond/obsidian) you tend to have more room, but the bigger they get, the more hassle it is to empty them.

Edited by Curunir