For those who don't know... This is how big the Sacred Rubber Tree really is.

So this is what the tree looks like in first person. Looks huge, but it's not it's full size considering the limited view distance.

86rS1.png

So I then decide to render it on a map renderer, and this truly shows how huge it REALLY is. '>

My question stands... why did the mod devs think this was a good idea?

lol How do you get this in game (can you?) ;) I would love to take a lumber axe to it... (Crashes for days)

There's a very tiny chance of this tree spawning simply from regular rubber tree saplings. They can crash a server from simply spawning. AFAIK, you can also find a sacred rubber tree sapling in dungeon chests. But don't quote me on that.

You can indeed find sacred saplings in dungeon chests, these are as rare as them coming from any source though.

@Phoenix - Lumber Axe wouldn't work on it from the base base, as its taller than the max blocks necessary. A harvester from TE won't have an issue with it though, and itd be lag free (ish.....ykno, besides the growth)

My question stands... why did the mod devs think this was a good idea?

It demonstrates that the MFR harvester can handle pretty much anything you throw at it with its algorithms (it was primarily a test of that originally, but was left in because it's awesome).  People no longer have a leg to stand on when arguing that the harvester can't handle a modded tree like the Red|power stained trees or things like the Redwood trees (which have both caused issues in previous versions), it focuses the attention back where it belongs.

Last I looked these could only come from dungeon chests - has that changed?

• 1 month later...

That's a bug, Kotja - drops from trees should be impossible, they should only be available from jungle loot chests (or bop chests based on jungle biomes), and even then only with a config switch enabled.

If you've got an ME network then you might have some kind of ID mismatch, change or clash when you added that mod, I'd double-check there.