What mods do you usually start with?

Personally I do tinkers' construct and thermal expansion just so i can get ores/etc going while i go out and get genetic material for advanced genetics.

Thanks Kalbintion!  I have been doing some reading about advanced genetics.  It seems very interesting.  I am going to have to give it a try this week.

Thanks Kalbintion!  I have been doing some reading about advanced genetics.  It seems very interesting.  I am going to have to give it a try this week.

To further expand on my reasoning behind my order btw; I start with getting some basic thigns set-up like farms with MFR (though i clump that in with TE due to the power from dynamos) to get a stream of food going and cotton if possible, then with a power system being able to smelt down ores through the pulverizer instead of wasting precious lava on the smeltery allows me to save the lava for only what is needed in the tinkers' construct smeltery so my tools can be done as soon as possible and in the meantime, have additional ores being pulverized/etc. The pulverization also assists with getting other metals which just means a quicker start-up. After this, advanced genetics is the most time consuming process so if I went mining or something prior to heading out looking for mobs (if I'm able to, I'll bring safari nets so I can just clone them using the auto-spawner later on) theyll be able to smelt while im in the area around my base, saving some time on that. After I get about a chest (27) of each mob genetic material I want, I'll start work on that so I can get resistance, no-fall and wooly genes at the very least, fly if i can. and if i have the equipment to take on the nether, the swim in lava gene from pigman. After this, I typically go about into tinkers' construct more but farming wither skeletons for the mini red hearts and their heads, using a looting 3 cleaver, so I can fight withers later on without wasting time and while increasing my base health.

This is however by no means a static must-do every time, as each world can offer some differences and there may just be something youd be interested in doing prior to continuing on.

Gotta agree with Kalbintion, Tinkers Construct is definitely the place to start and then Minefactory Reloaded, advanced genetics has its merits for improving your character and the wildlife around you but Minefactory though not that fastest start will mean that you will have to do less leg work later to get materials and advance with the other mods in there, obviously this does all depend on what sort of start you get as online you may find players more than willing to share resources etc thus dampening the need t do some of the MF stuff and thus meaning the AG provides a greater benefit but on those lonely starts I believe MF reaps the greater reward in the long run.

To continue my shameless advertisement or helping those new to the pack (depending how you look at it) I have posted some tutorial videos that should help you get to grips with tinkers and advanced genetics on my channel

Edited by IDED