Server Mod Problems

TAGmaster77

Hello everyone,

I just started a minecraft tekkit server and I hop on to start playing around and the first thing I do is try to make a modular powersuit, but when I try to place the tinker table it disappears from both the ground and my inventory whether I'm in survival or creative. Then I tried to place down wood and leaves from vanilla works fine, I tried other mods like extra utilities came up with the same problem. I also tried opening a golden bag and it disappeared from my inventory. When installing the server files I just moved everything from WINRAR to the server folder. I could really use help, thanks.

Okay I tried running the .bat file and it tells me in the cmd that it does not recognize "java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui" as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file

And then when I try to run the .sh file it opens a notepad and has this written there "#!/bin/sh

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui"

the sh-file is for linux OS ;)

it seems as if you don't have your java.exe in your path variable ;)

there are 2 ways to fix this

- add the path to your java.exe to your OS path variable

- edit the bat file and fill in the full path to your java.exe (<-- this might be the easier way)

If the Java is not in your path variable, you either have a very strange Windows installation, or Java is simply not installed. Go reinstall it, and be sure to grab a current version, like Java 7 Update 60.

This is Discussion, so if that problem persists, you are required to take it to our tracker or risk displeasing the gods of forum moderation.

Their wrath can be terrible.

If the Java is not in your path variable, you either have a very strange Windows installation, or Java is simply not installed. Go reinstall it, and be sure to grab a current version, like Java 7 Update 60.

This is Discussion, so if that problem persists, you are required to take it to our tracker or risk displeasing the gods of forum moderation.

Their wrath can be terrible.

as he seems to be able to play the normal minecraft, I think java is installed on his machine...

the message he gets indicates that windows simply can't find the java-executable...

okay I want to do the second since it is easier according to you but how exactly do I fill in the full path. also I run windows 8.1 just so you know

1st you have to locate your java installation (should be somewhere under your programs folder which by default is located at c:programs you can use the integrated explorer search from there 'java.exe')

2nd right click on launch.bat and click edit

3rd change the beginning of the line 'java -Xmx3G ...' to include the full path 'c:programs...java.exe -Xmx3G ...' (you'll have to edit the path to match your environment ;)

Alright so I did what you said and rerouted it to my java location, which is right here C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7bin, so input that with the tit bit java.exe at the end and I get this 

C:UsersTrumanDesktopTekkit Server>C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjava.
exe -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui
'C:Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:UsersTrumanDesktopTekkit Server>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

This is pretty much what I last time except for the new location.
Also I thank you for staying with me through this horrible massacre of server creation, all of you.

You need to put the path in quotation marks, otherwise the parser will not find the file. Like so:

"C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjava.exe" -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

Windows allows blanks in path names, but blanks are separators in the script world, so you need to do this in any script involving path names that contain blanks.

Also thank you for taking any further issues to the tracker from now on.

Edited by Curunir

Okay I put in quotes and I get this

C:UsersTrumanDesktopTekkit Server>"C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjava
.exe" -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

C:UsersTrumanDesktopTekkit Server>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Do I have to add more ram or am I just not pathing right

Okay maybe it's my computer or maybe its me but when I type "java - version" I get 

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:UsersTruman>java -version
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:UsersTruman>

PLZZZZ HELP THE NOOB

• Moderators

also restart your computer after uninstalling any and all javas you have. Restarting will clean up the mess with the path lines

then install the latest java, like Curunir links to