New Update - Where's Computer Craft?

So can someone tell me why the new tekkit mod doesn't have Computercraft in it? Was the main reason I was looking forward to this update. I mean I see some new computer, but that doesn't look to be Computercraft, or is it?

(and another thing what the difference between Tekkit and Technic?)

Technic = single player only. Some other mods here like thaumcraft

Tekkit = multiplayer. Only avaiable multiplayer mods are used here.

Tekkit is in the development mode atm - it means that it is being updated to the latest minecraft version (all mods need to be rewrited, etc)

blah bla bla blah bla bla blah bla bla bla thank you for your attention

So can someone tell me why the new tekkit mod doesn't have Computercraft in it? Was the main reason I was looking forward to this update. I mean I see some new computer, but that doesn't look to be Computercraft, or is it?

On another note, I think the comp your seeing is the new redpower computers.

If you don't even know that, save us all the fucking headache of your upcoming incessant bug "reports" and don't play the dev version.

The computers you saw are likely from Redpower.

If you don't even know that, save us all the fucking headache of your upcoming incessant bug "reports" and don't play the dev version.

Thanks for biting my head off asking a harmless question.

You know what they say you learn from your mistakes (I guarantee I am not the only one who has wondered these two questions, I just got the courage to ask)

BTW thanks to everyone for the responses.

Thanks for biting my head off asking a harmless question.

You know what they say you learn from your mistakes (I guarantee I am not the only one who has wondered these two questions, I just got the courage to ask)

BTW thanks to everyone for the responses.

These forums are dog eat dog. Read around before asking questions and you'll save yourself from everyone waiting to prey on people who don't read the rules or hit the search button before asking questions. And by the way, the latest dev build for the Technic pack doesn't even include crafting table 2. I play 6.1 because as of right now any map without the new world height limit looks boring to me. Play whatever suits your style. Cheers

Hopefully they wont put computer craft in as RedPower now has computers and means it does it all in 1 mod

Bullshit. The computers are completely different and work fine side-by-side. I want both, and there's no reason to get rid of one in favor of the other.

These forums are dog eat dog. Read around before asking questions and you'll save yourself from everyone waiting to prey on people who don't read the rules or hit the search button before asking questions.

Ehh you make a good point (it's just been busy for me so I stopped in, made the post and left to get back to work)

Bullshit. The computers are completely different and work fine side-by-side. I want both, and there's no reason to get rid of one in favor of the other.

2nd this, I like Computercraft myself (haven't looked into the RP2 ones yet ... but if you can have both, then I see nothing against it)

I'm a little confused here, all the computer objects show up as items, their files are in the right folders in the client and the server, and I can place them but when I go to use them it says: "Failed to load mods/ComputerCraft/lua/bios.lua Check you have installed ComputerCraft correctly."

But yeah, the launcher has been pushing the dev build onto some of my players, which is confusing. We've just told everyone not to upgrade until otherwise instructed.

2nd this, I like Computercraft myself (haven't looked into the RP2 ones yet ... but if you can have both, then I see nothing against it)

Amen, the RP2 computers have a -long- way to go before they're useful for mere mortals. You want CC - it is a staggeringly more friendly experience for the sort of thing people might actually want to do inside their Minecraft world. I don't want give myself a migraine trying to write railroad scheduling software in Forth... That said, both play nice together and both play nice with RP bundled cables.

For me it is asking if i want to install a update for tekkit each time i load it. No matter if i hit yes, no, or cancel it asks again next time I open it. Thankfully i have it set to only use the recommended build so it is not effecting anything i can tell other than being annoying.

Amen, the RP2 computers have a -long- way to go before they're useful for mere mortals. You want CC - it is a staggeringly more friendly experience for the sort of thing people might actually want to do inside their Minecraft world. I don't want give myself a migraine trying to write railroad scheduling software in Forth... That said, both play nice together and both play nice with RP bundled cables.

While I haven't looked into the new RP2 computers (seeing as I don't want to deal with the hassle of the new dev build and my old saves not loading), but CC is friendly ... I mean I program, although I am having to learn LUA (sure ain't no C#, but I think the Fallout GECK uses is or something like it so I am getting the hang of it)) it's pretty much coder friendly (except it doesn't tab, home, end, ext).

For me it is asking if i want to install a update for tekkit each time i load it. No matter if i hit yes, no, or cancel it asks again next time I open it. Thankfully i have it set to only use the recommended build so it is not effecting anything i can tell other than being annoying.

Yeah this can get annoying especially when you open your launcher multiple times a day ... but ehh, not life changing or game breaking

While I haven't looked into the new RP2 computers (seeing as I don't want to deal with the hassle of the new dev build and my old saves not loading), but CC is friendly ... I mean I program, although I am having to learn LUA (sure ain't no C#, but I think the Fallout GECK uses is or something like it so I am getting the hang of it)) it's pretty much coder friendly (except it doesn't tab, home, end, ext).

LUA wasn't that hard for me because I already knew TI-Basic and a bit of Python, but the idea that because redpower has computer means that CC is pointless is just retarded. Redpower computers have a very unfriendly learning curve and are harder to source. ComputerCraft works for the same reason the ZX Spectrum worked, it comes with a relatively friendly programming language that can do a lot and is cheep to build. Even a beginner can do a lot with CC.