Custom modpack opens/runs in vanilla...

Shiro14

I am trying to make a custom modpack to use on a personal server and i cant get it to load up right. I have all the mods in their places (there arent any core mods im just adding simple ones) and i have my .jar from Forge. It downloads and everything just fine but when it loads up its running Vanilla. I have no Config I don't know if that's an issue or not. i looked in some others and they seem to be mod-specific so i don't know where to get them. I saw a 'Bare Bones Pack' in another post and figured it was worth a shot but bare bones wouldn't work anyway : so yeah im totally stuck and totally new at this so any and all help is really appreciated!! If I need to provide more information let me know ill do my best I really want to get this this up and running >.<

Version:

Link for Modpack: 

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/squid-tea

The mods im running:

Richards Coffee and Tea Mod

Elemental Caves

Enhanced Biomes

Mr Crayfish Furniture Mod

OceanCraft

Optifine

Pane In The Glass

Plant Mega Pack

LotsOMobs

• Discord Moderator
  • The contents of your modpack archive are in a subfolder. All the required folders (bin, config, mods) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • Your modpack.jar file is named "modpack.jar.jar". Google "windows always show file extensions" to find out how to prevent this problem.
  • You have Forge for 1.7.10 as your modpack.jar(.jar) but your modpack settings are set to 1.7.9. You need to adjust your pack settings.
  • You have OptiFine for 1.7.4. You need to get the latest version for 1.7.10.
  • You have a number of mods that list their versions as for Forge/MC 1.7.2. Double check to make sure that the authors indicate that those mods work for both 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 or they'll probably need to be removed.

Still running in vanilla and I did all the things you told me to fix, repacked it and put it up. still vanilla. and i ment 1.7.10 in the first post (the setting was off though and i fixed that to 1.7.10)

@kal the server isnt up im trying to get the pack worked out before I set up the server so its just from the launcher.

Edited by Shiro14

@kal whereis it showing that, I have no idea what you're referring to also its 1.7.10 (sorry typo on that first post)

@plow I installed that version of forge to my MC and copied the jar from me .minecraft folder into the modpack and re uploaded it.

• Discord Moderator

Shiro, you aren't incrementing the "version" in your pack settings when you update the download URL or file. Your "pack version" (not MC version) is still 1.0. You MUST increment this or the client will never be informed that a new version/build is available.

@Shiro14 - what plow mentions is what I'm seeing. If you look at the modpack api url and look at the text it shows, you'll see a version field in all of that (bit hard to see right away, but give it a read and youll notice that) that 1.0 is the same version its been reporting since you posted your issue, indicating the version hasnt been updated at all like plow says, so the launcher wont ever notice theres been a change.

• Discord Moderator

Shiro, there seems to be a fundamental disconnect between the (clear and concise) instructions we are providing and the actions you are taking. Your modpack.jar file is still messed up but in a new and fatal way. I'll reiterate what has been said previously in the clearest way I can:

• The modpack.jar file is ONLY the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to "modpack.jar". Don't mess with it. Don't extract it. Don't add things to it. JUST rename it.

• Something is wrong with OceanCraft mod. It is throwing some kind of fatal entity ID conflict, which should never happen if it was coded properly. However, I would highly recommend finding an alternative mod to replace it since OceanCraft mod has been a piece of incompatible, poorly coded dookie since its inception.

• Discord Moderator

I always just recommend folks remove OceanCraft. When a number of people express concern in his MCF thread that resolving conflicts is challenging or impossible without a config and his response is (paraphrased) "you aren't the boss of me" it isn't worth the hassle. Just move on to another mod.

• 1 month later...

@Shiro14 - what plow mentions is what I'm seeing. If you look at the modpack api url and look at the text it shows, you'll see a version field in all of that (bit hard to see right away, but give it a read and youll notice that) that 1.0 is the same version its been reporting since you posted your issue, indicating the version hasnt been updated at all like plow says, so the launcher wont ever notice theres been a change.

Hey um I am having a similar problem I believe, but I am pretty much horrible at this and I don't really understand what you mean so for the " version " where it sais 1.0 it's supposed to be 1.0? because mine is vanilla as well but I think it's because I have like 2 or 3 1.7.10 mods when my forge is 1.7.2 is that my problem? I have been getting frustrated because I see that people that I watch are on 1.7.2 and some mods I can not find for my life for 1.7.2 I have checked all the links for the mod like thermal expansion it is in his video yet thermal expansion doesn't have a 1.7.2 download link for any website (modpack is on 1.7.2) i'm confused as to how they got it. I see you guys are very great at what you do and I am sorry for posting this and not making my own fourm but I have been trying to figure this out for hours and I am really frustrated. help? http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/themagicaladventure.505041 ( link to the modpack can you tell me what is wrong?) ps. im sorry im super new to all this modded stuff so if you do reply do you mind wording it in a way a noob like me can understand? Thanks <3

Since plow and kalbintion are talking very "fancy" language let me dumb it down to a way that works in my 12 y/o mind. In your bin folder, there should be the Forge Universal, NOT the installer. Click Here to find the lastest build of Forge, then click on Universal NOT installer. Then rename it modpack.jar (careful about the double .jar) Also, it's very important you update the pack version when you update the zip, because, as plow explained it won't notice that you updated the file, and no one will be prompted to update. And, if you haven't already, take away Ocean craft because of unfixable without changing code errors. Hope you get your pack working, have a nice day.

EDIT: I just realized this post is over a month old... The facepalms I'll be giving myself tonight...

Edited by Chrisvin123