Jay, I love Deadpool

He is probably my favorite comic character of all time. I hated how badly they fucked him up in the Wolverine movie. I hope the Deadpool movie is amazing, do you think they will try too hard to Hollywood it up and make it absolute shit?

I believe that hollywood will make it shit if they ever revive the project. Wasn't it scrapped a year ago due to hollywood not actually liking deadpool?

Also, i didn't watch any of the XMen movies, I'm not an Xmen fan unless Deadpool is currently tormenting them. Cable was cool though, he knew how to work shit.

Not much of a comic fan, but i love deadpool as well :P

It is still going on. and last time I checked Ryan Reynolds the one playing the part of Deadpool is trying to get the movie rated R so he can actually do his character correctly. I guess Ryan is actually a really big fan of Deadpool, which makes me happy.

I don't think, even with an R rating that they could portray him correctly. Part of his character is that he's so offensive at times that he jumps over that boundary into the ridiculous. 10 to 1 odds say that hollywood would try to tone that down, and ruin both the comedy and the character.

I really need to check up on some deadpool comics....I've only seen a few images of em, but they all made me laugh

Marvel's released most of the original deadpool comics in a few collections that are pretty easy to find now.

the Deadpool and Cable crossover series was one of my particular favorites though. (actually, all his team-ups were ludicrous fun)

Is this thread a week old yet... no it is not! Ah, I just felt I must mention, on the Deadpool movie idea, that the only way the movie would be any good, is if Deadpool broke the 4th wall, at least once.

That's one of the things that worries me about how they'd handle it. Deadpool had a recurring fantasy that his life was just a story in a comic book, and he had headvoices that he referred to by their font. I doubt hollywood would manage to convey that properly in a move.

That's one of the things that worries me about how they'd handle it. Deadpool had a recurring fantasy that his life was just a story in a comic book, and he had headvoices that he referred to by their font. I doubt hollywood would manage to convey that properly in a move.

Well, Marvel studios has been getting better at making movies, I mean, the Avenger's movies may have been "THOR 2: Thor and friends join the Avengers" but it certainly was on kick ass movie. Unless Deadpool is DC and I just presented myself as * ignorant as possible on the subject.

* Edit: Reason; Removed "an" here.

What if he directed the deadpool movie?

I would die of joy, i might actually have to watch the movie while on life support, because i would probably bust a lung laughing in the first 15 minutes or so.

I may not keep up with who is who int he movie industry, but if the individual who directed the Avengers made many more movies with Marvel characters, I would be greatly pleased.

Joss Whedon did Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the series, not the movie), Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly, and a horror movie i havent watched yet.

Joss Whedon did Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the series, not the movie), Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly, and a horror movie i havent watched yet.

I am only familiar with the latter one*, as one of my friends from Dungeons and Dragons always draws Rule thirty four about it, no idea why.

Edit, Reason; Changed "last" to "latter one".