[1.7.10] The 1.7.10 Pack [Kitchen Sink] Over 1M Downloads!

Jon_

Spoiler

nnmhOK4.pngnnmhOK4.png

The 1.7.10 Pack
As you can see in the Technic website, the modpack has one of each and all the famous mods that we all love.
The modpack updates regularly.

Information
More of the information, including mod list and changelogs, will be in the link bellow, or in the website.
The Minecraft Forums Thread

Download
● Technic Launcher
● The 1.7.10 Pack
Server download

Once downloaded, open the launcher and choose "Add New Pack". Paste the Platform URL from the link above and The 1.7.10 Pack should be now in your Technic Launcher. Just login, download the modpack and play!

Resource Packs
Thanks to Nhawks and Novamanga The 1.7.10 Pack has an official 128x-32x Sphax patch, Get it Here!

Permissions
Full permissions list.

Enjoy!
I would appreciate it if you'll press the +1 Button in the modpack page 🙂

jgHA50UkErljsRAu97XzZYrRcg3eAE0qTHdpxqCW

Edited by Jon_

If my memory from when the Platform was established and this stuff was being discussed more heavily is correct, having permissions for your modpack on the Platform is more of a suggested thing than required thing.

And one could argue that since the submission guidelines that you must agree to in order to submit a modpack to the Platform do not state that permissions are required (only that insulting modders and permissions is forbidden), they are not, regardless of one's interpretation of the FAQ.

...did they delete your thread? What the shit? Did it seriously break a rule? Because I've seen threads with modpacks that also don't have permission and they weren't deleted. I've heard of the Minecraft Forums being bad, but I honestly didn't expect this.

My guess is that the pseudo-debate that was going on in there was construed to be a flame war and instead of just deleting those posts they axed the whole thread.

So, basically part of the tree is rotting so let's cut it all down? And the rotten part wasn't even truly rotten, it just had a small amount of moss growing on it. Can that "pseudo-discussion" even be considered a flame war? I mean, the guy we were talking to "thanked us" for our posts (also love the use of "thank x for this post" instead of Like, not hipster at all).

Wouldn't surprise me, based on my prior experience with the MCF moderators. Deletion of entire threads because they contain troublesome posts seems to be a trend among them.

As for the "thank <name> for this post" thing, I didn't even notice they changed the name of the reputation. Now I just want someone to create an account with the name God so that we can thank God for this post.

As for the "thank <name> for this post" thing, I didn't even notice they changed the name of the reputation. Now I just want someone to create an account with the name God so that we can thank God for this post.

Fun fact: there already is. And apparently Satan is also there...now that I think about it, this explains a lot of things...

If you look, God abandoned the MCforums 3 years ago.

Sounds about right.

Hey, Satan also left at the same time. ...again, sounds about right considering some of the stuff I've read in those forums are worse than something Satan could come up with. I swear, after 5 minutes of reading some of those threads, I feel the need to go to the church and confess my sins.

In one word - disappointing. I worked on this really hard, and minecraft forums are just - nope.

Some modders don't like it when people don't suck up to them so they already have lackeys going around and dropping the guillotine on people they think deserve it. For a lot of them, the mods they make grant them the 15 minutes of fame they have always wanted, and they will fight for them with all they have.

When someone comes out of the wood works, that doesn't ask them for their permission to use their mod, then either one of two things will happen: A - They shut you down faster than you can blink; B - In comes the White Knights protecting the "poor, bullied modders" by throwing feces at you and the people that are with you; C - The modders themselves take action against you.

This is why I wouldn't be that depressed if Microsoft made up some house rules for modding. There are a lot of them that need to be knocked down a peg and taught a lesson on humility. 

Some modders don't like it when people don't suck up to them so they already have lackeys going around and dropping the guillotine on people they think deserve it. For a lot of them, the mods they make grant them the 15 minutes of fame they have always wanted, and they will fight for them with all they have.

When someone comes out of the wood works, that doesn't ask them for their permission to use their mod, then either one of two things will happen: A - They shut you down faster than you can blink; B - In comes the White Knights protecting the "poor, bullied modders" by throwing feces at you and the people that are with you; C - The modders themselves take action against you.

This is why I wouldn't be that depressed if Microsoft made up some house rules for modding. There are a lot of them that need to be knocked down a peg and taught a lesson on humility. 

You are 100% right.

Well put together, I understand the frustrations of getting a modpack together for 1.7.10 because I am attempting to do something similar. One thing I noticed is you have Mekanism in there, how did you manage that? For me it just crashes prior to minecraft even popping up .

Well put together, I understand the frustrations of getting a modpack together for 1.7.10 because I am attempting to do something similar. One thing I noticed is you have Mekanism in there, how did you manage that? For me it just crashes prior to minecraft even popping up .

You need to include the IC2 API. As a fan of my modpacks you may be happy to know I have something in the crock pot for 1.7.10...

Thank you!

For crashes you should ask for support with a crash report (: