I'm looking for a new game, I hope you can recommend me some

I'm looking for a new set of games to play, I'm looking for a new single player experience. I've got a huge list of games I've played, pretty much all of the Triple A titles, but I'm looking for a new experience. If you guys can help me I'd really appreciate it.

• [li]Red Faction: Guerrilla[/li]
    [li]Skyrim[/li]
    [li]Red Faction: Armageddon[/li]
    [li]Fallout 3 + All DLC[/li]
    [li]Fallout NV + All DLC[/li]
    [li]Oblivion + all DLC[/li]
    [li]Mass Effect + All DLC[/li]
    [li]Mass Effect 2 + All DLC[/li]
    [li]Mass Effect 3[/li]
    [li]Dragon Age: Origins + All DLC[/li]
    [li]Dragon Age 2 + All DLC[/li]
    [li]StarCraft: Broodwar[/li]
    [li]StarCraft 2[/li]
    [li]WoW[/li]
    [li]WarCraft 3: TFT[/li]
    [li]Rusty Hearts (hated it)[/li]
    [li]MineCraft (Loved it)[/li]
    [li]Brutal Legend[/li]
    [li]KotOR[/li]
    [li]KotOR II: The Sith Lords[/li]
    [li]Jade Empire[/li]
    [li]Diablo II[/li]
    [li]Borderlands + All DLC[/li]
    [li]Assassin's Creed[/li]
    [li]Assassin's Creed 2[/li]
    [li]Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood[/li]
    [li]Any Unreal Tournament (2004 pref.)[/li]
    [li]Baldur's Gate[/li]
    [li]Bioshock[/li]
    [li]Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth[/li]
    [li]Chronicles of Riddick[/li]
    [li]Command & Conquer - Red Alert II + Yuri's Revenge[/li]
    [li]Company of Heroes[/li]
    [li]Deus Ex, aim for the GOTY[/li]
    [li]Doom[/li]
    [li]Duke Nukem 3D[/li]
    [li]Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind.[/li]
    [li]Escape from Monkey Island[/li]
    [li]Fallout 1 and 2[/li]
    [li]Freedom Fighters[/li]
    [li]GTA Vice City + San Andreas[/li]
    [li]Gun[/li]
    [li]Half Life 2 + Episodes[/li]
    [li]Half Life GOTY ( Vanilla, Blue Shift, Opposing Force )[/li]
    [li]Hitman - Every game[/li]
    [li]Max Payne 2 - The Fall of Max Payne[/li]
    [li]Portal[/li]
    [li]Portal 2[/li]
    [li]Prince of Persia - Sands of Time.[/li]
    [li]Psy-Ops : The Mindgate Conspiracy[/li]
    [li]Psychonauts[/li]
    [li]Rome - Total War[/li]
    [li]S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl + Call of Pripyat.[/li]
    [li]SimCity 4[/li]
    [li]Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory[/li]
    [li]Star Wars - Battlefront[/li]
    [li]Star Wars - Republic Commando[/li]
    [li]System Shock 2.[/li]
    [li]Team Fortress 2[/li]
    [li]Rayman 1 & 2.[/li]
    [li]Civilization 4 & 5[/li]
    [li] Toy Soldiers[/li]
    [li]Adding More as I remember them :D[/li]

Does it have to be a PC game?

Dwarf Fortress

Stone Soup

Aion

If your PC is good enough to emulate ps2 games, i'd suggest the Shin Megami Tensei games for PS2. Particularly Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga.

Go play diablo III ya putz. Whatsamattafoyou.

I refuse to LAG during my SINGLEPLAYER game.

Does it have to be a PC game?

Dwarf Fortress

Stone Soup

Aion

If your PC is good enough to emulate ps2 games, i'd suggest the Shin Megami Tensei games for PS2. Particularly Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga.

Dwarf Fortress is fun, Never heard of Stone Soup, and is Aion an mmo?

I want to play these thank you

I refuse to LAG during my SINGLEPLAYER game.

Dwarf Fortress is fun, Never heard of Stone Soup, and is Aion an mmo?

I want to play these thank you

Stone Soup is a roguelike, lots of fun.

Aion is an mmo that's really fun. Also free.

Real-Time Strategy:

- Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance (standalone expansion). Fun in single player for the campaigns, not terribly expensive if you can get it on Steam sale.

- Tiberium Wars (C&C3) and Wrath of Kane (integrated expansion). Brutal campaigns unless you put it on easy mode.

- Kohan: Ahriman's Gift. Good luck finding it, and it's old-school graphics, but fun anyway. Also tough.

Turn-Based Strategy:

- Sword of the Stars (I and II). They're different from each other. No campaign, but single-player is fun anyway.

- Kerbal Space Program

Paradox Interactive's grand strategy series, listed by in-game chronological order:

- Crusader Kings 2 (1066-1453) (newest game released, still has quite a bit of balancing/bug-fixing to work out)

- Europa Universalis 3 (1399-1821) (you'll want the "Chronicles" version, it comes with all the expansions)

- Victoria 2 (1860-????)

- Hearts of Iron 3 (????-????)

(note: these games all have a ton of mods for them too, so even if you find aspects of the vanilla games are off, you'll almost definitely find a mod tuning it to your liking)

(note2: EU3 is probably the best one to start with, it's been around since 2008 and is probably the most stable)

- Magicka (action-adventure)

Some unique RTS games:

- Achron

- AI War: Fleet Command

Strategy games:

- Starfarer

- Frozen Synapse (turn-based strategy)

- Gratuitous Space Battles

- Terraria (sort of like a 2D minecraft, except much more focus on exploring and combat, also has lots of mods)

Well... as you can see, I like strategy games a lot. :P

Here are some that I've had more fun with than with average games:

space pirates and zombies

defense grid

space empires 4 (5 is kind of sucky)

overlord - all of it's versions

UFO extraterrestrials

Dungeon Defenders

warhammer 40k all RTS'es + FPS

Serious Sam - first + it's expansion and third were nice, second is kind of "meh"

torchlight

sanctum

universe at war

far cry

harvest: massive encounter

orcs must die

titan quest

painkiller - later DLC's are rather bad but first few are awesome

prototype

company of heroes

UFO aftermath/shock/light

X-Com UFO defense

jagged alliance 2

empire: total war - all the versions and expansions of it

plants vs zombies

• Moderators

Mount & Blade Warband- Go off your horse and meet that khergit horde on foot to play hardcore.

Warlords Battlecry 3 - A bit like WC3, but older, and you can customize skills to your hero and lvl him up to lv 100. Hardcore? put on ironmode to gain double xp every kill but with 1 life, if your hero dies the game deletes your save.

Spartan by slitherine and its expansion Gates of troy. A nice old Turn-based strategy game. Go for Macedonia.

If you like extremely hard games with puzzles that are pretty unclear and that don't tell you where to go or how to do it, I recommend La Mulana. Hardest game ever. If you don't think so, try playing it, you'll end up agreeing. Or, if you aren't masochistic, watch this guy's playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL25D2DC18FBD81577&feature=plcp

(Link takes you to the entire playlist.)

I don't have such a large list of top-tier games as the previous posts, but I have at least one suggestion.

League of Legends is pretty cool. One thing I like about it, a nice feature in games, is that it offers a quality experience without charging for the gameplay. Every element that affects actual gameplay can be obtained for free, so you can't buy your way into supremacy. This means the game is a rts, the most imporant elements of levels and abilities being gained per game instead of over time, and test of raw skill, as opposed to some games in which the player with the most money invested or the most time spent grinding is considered the champion. One thing I've hated about the not-so-great MMOs is that it becomes a competition of grinding and farming, and not of skill. If a bot can play the game for you, and actually be good at it, it's not a good game.

Whether you install DayZ or not is up to you, but ArmA II will occupy you for a long time if you dig into the enormous modding community, or find a cool server to stick around with.

Rise & Fall Civilisations at War is an unbelievably underrated RTS, even more so than Supreme Commander. The ability to go down into the enormous battles and hack and slash in third person never gets old. The online community still goes strong over the weekends.

Sims 2/3. I'll let you find out yourself why it takes up so much of your life. It was the house building that did it for me.

Play the first three Monkey Island games. Do it now.

Black & White. Peter Molyneux entire brain was expended on this series, and he made it count. Epic battles in number 2.

Botanicula will have you grinning like an idiot all the way through. Much squee is to be had here.

Battlefield 2142 is the best one in the series, and I'm glad the upcoming Black Ops 2 is edging towards the future too.

And although it isn't a game, watch Battlestar Galactica (the new series) from start to finish, that'll replace video games for a few months until Planetside 2 turns up.

Oh man, yeah, I second (and third) the recommendation for Black and White (1). It's just absolutely amazing, and I wish it had a proper sequel (B&W2 moved too far away from the gameplay that made the first one so good, IMO).

And yeah, Starfarer is pretty amazing (especially with some of the mods), but it's still in mid-alpha phase, so beware. Also, the AI can be pretty dumb sometimes...

Yeah, black and white is a must-play classic for sure. Be sure to get Creature Isles expansion as well. Teaching your pet to teach it's pet to do fancy stuff is rather awesome. I remember at one point I had mine trained to gather wood. So it went out, found some young trees, watered them with the rain spell, outrooted them and brought back to village. I was pretty much constantly overflowing with wood without having to clear the entire isle of all trees.

Eariler I simply listed the stuff I saw in my steam games list so a ton of older things are missing. Some of those are::

Total Annihilation, an RTS that should have reached about as far as Starcraft did. Tech-wise it was years ahead of other RTS'es even though it was released half a year before starcraft. Supreme commander is based on this but imho it got implemented significantly worse than the original.

Beasts and Bumpkins, a kind of a RTS/village simulator/god-game kind of thingy.

Master of Orion 2, third one is kind of "meh", first one simply far too limited. 4x space game in it's purest form

Mech warrior. I've only played #2 extensively and it was awesome. Not sure how good the newer ones are

Mech commander. Tactical strategy based on mechwarrior. Vaguely similar to WH40k RTS'es and company of heroes where you have small team of "soldiers" you use to take out enemies.

Dungeon Keeper. Do I need to say anything, really? Dungeons is somewhat similar to this but from what I've heard the originals are far superior.

Transport Giant. Kind of like transport tycoon on steroids + you actually get to manufacture things yourself, not only move stuff around

There are probably more but I haven't played a whole lot of games in past 5-ish years and I begin to forget some of them.

• Moderators

Starfarer Is a very fun game

You just reminded me of Flatspace 1 and 2.

It looks like Starfarer but its not a strategy game. Its a SSP, best way I can describe it.

Despite the cool gameplay, it was the soothing soundtrack that i loved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1rWKaY7p21M

Homepage

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sorry for bumping and double-posting, but i found this mod which is absolutly amazing

Prophecy of Pendor for Mount & Blade:Warband

A truly amazing overhaul of the vanilla, better AI, tougher enemies (oh look a troop of 10 knights charging me, pfff i will kill them with my 50+ guys easily... battle ends - you and your troops dead, WTF?!?)

More improved village/city/castle improvements

New Faction troops and enhanced troop upgrade trees

random spawn armies -1000 troop strong

I thought this was the best thread to post, better than posting a new one (recycle! save the forum environment)

Video and Forum for download

Ive been busy playing this mod for a few days, it is better than vanilla, so what are you still reading this? go download and play it!