Tekkit 3; Forestry

• Forum Administrators

To summarise; SirSengir, the author of the Forestry mod, requested that the Forestry mod be permanently removed from Technic Pack and Tekkit.

There's a backstory to this, but it's not particularly interesting. I'll leave it at that.

Just a correction, 'requested' is quite a stretch. He punished players for using the Technic launcher. Outside of Technic, Tekkit, or anything else. If you play any Minecraft through the Technic Launcher you were at risk to have your world destroyed. SirSengir never requested anything, nor spoke to anyone, nor actually talked to any of us. He decided to spend time to code (and then attempt to hide) code that would destroy your world, any player's world. I suppose he thought it was clever, I just thought it was mean and punished the wrong people.

So yeah, if you want to stretch the truth to where it's more twisted then a standard falsified 'fact' then sure, it was requested to be removed. :allears:

He decided to spend time to code (and then attempt to hide) code that would destroy your world, any player's world.

Screw diplomacy; I'm not afraid to say SirSengir is a disgrace to Minecraft, a disgrace to free and open software principles, and an ass. I hope his actions cause his mod to lose popularity and his Adf.ly account to dwindle to nothingness.

Screw diplomacy; I'm not afraid to say SirSengir is a disgrace to Minecraft, a disgrace to free and open software principles, and an ass. I hope his actions cause his mod to lose popularity and his Adf.ly account to dwindle to nothingness.

Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself.

To the best of my knowledge, Forestry was never released under an open source license. How can you say SirSengir is "disgracing free and open source software principles" when he never released Forestry as open source in the first place? This is somewhat akin to saying that a Taoist's lifestyle is an affront to the Mayan religion, because it doesn't include enough human sacrifices.

The bee griefing was a bit of a dick move, though. Wanting to retain control of your work is understandable, but diplomacy usually works better than a giant stick.

Ok, I get that he doesn't want his mod to be distributed with mod packs. If only to make sure everyone visits his download links. But the preventing of working together with the launcher means I as end user am now forced to chose. So he managed to drag endusers who don't give a shit about his silly grudge into his bs drama. Wtf! This is becoming a stupid childish fucking game of his.

For me this is new. It is not about not allowing forestry as mod in tekkit modpack anymore , but about how he griefs unexpecting players who try to install it manually. Nowhere in his OP on minecraftforums or his wiki does it say ' if you install this while using Technic launcher it doesn't work because I hate you for using Tekkit!'

But if I manage to let all mods work together without the launcher it is ok. So let's just fuck end users who dare to use Technic launcher.

I've never experienced anything like this in any mod community.

don't suppose there is anyway to recode it to not destroy our saves? i really need those electrical engines :/

Check this http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2444

Otherwise, re-install forestry, if you trust it, find one of the power conversion mods that are acceptable to you (assuming you're running the server), or start refining fuel or creating steam engine factories that use automation to fuel them.

don't suppose there is anyway to recode it to not destroy our saves? i really need those electrical engines :/

Shortly after Forestry was removed from Technic, Sengir published a version without the malicious code. Forestry won't destroy your world if you manually install it.

• 3 weeks later...