Any way to carry EU over very long distances?

As the title says. I need a way to carry EU over VERY long distances, preferably without converting the EU to Buildcraft energy, running it through a teleport pipe, and then using an engine generator to convert it back to EU. Buildcraft has teleport pipes, does Tekkit include anything to directly transfer EU over long distances? I need to link up something which is over 1000 blocks away from the power source, and I don't have the resources to make so many Glass Fibre cables.

I think the best method for energy travel for what you are describing is a: Railcraft energy cart transfer system

Pros:

+No energy loss over ANY distance

+I think if you have the required materials (quite a bit, but not much) It could be easire to setup

Cons:

-Might take a little while to setup

-Investing time learning railcraft

A simple youtube search may suffice for an overview

Another pro, NEW in tekkit 3:

You could connect minecarts with each other now and travel with them to be sure it will not unload the chunks around the carts, causing the carts to stop. You could also try this with the new Anchor cart. I don't know how well that will work yet since I haven't tried it yet.

I think the best method for energy travel for what you are describing is a: Railcraft energy cart transfer system

Pros:

+No energy loss over ANY distance

+I think if you have the required materials (quite a bit, but not much) It could be easire to setup

Cons:

-Might take a little while to setup

-Investing time learning railcraft

A simple youtube search may suffice for an overview

Thanks! I haven't even thought about using those carts yet. I've only been using them to carry energy from my Nuclear Reactor at y=26 to an MFSU at y=86. Thanks for the tip! Will definitely use.

Railcraft definitely is the best solution for you if you don't want to pass through buidlcraft. You could always use Extreme Voltage, HV cable are more accessible than fiber glass if you have a good source of rubber, but that means you would lose about 40% of your energy in the process (unless you use relays).

Pros:

+Easier to setup

+Instantaneous energy transportation

Cons:

-Costly (for 1000 block; 2 stacks of iron ore and 15-16 stacks of rubber)

-Big EU loss if no relays are used

I honestly doubt that any transport solution for transporting eus over 1000 m is cheaper than a Nuclear reactor...just build yourself a nuclear reactor on site...a good one will give you 12M per cycle out of 4 uranium EU at 120 EU/t meaning no mfsu needed just an mfe and lets face it...4 uranium...you can mine a stack in like 2 hours if you really want it.

Also lapotron crystals are a very good option to carrying eu's over 1000m

not to mention....nuclear engineering is super fun

• Forum Administrators

If you have Portalgun installed like I do... then you can do like Direwolf20 did in his let's plays series to transport liquid and items over long distances: a portal + steve's carts + railcraft system.

Hardly useful in Tekkit.

You can use 2 mark 3 charging benches to charge and discharge Lapotron crystals. If you supply a redstone signal to a charging bench it will discharge power like a batbox allowing you to supply power form it. In order to transport the crystals you can either use ender chests or build craft with the item teleport pipes.

Pros

-Very cheap and quick to setup

-Near instantaneous energy transportation

Cons

-Having to figure out how to setup the needed timing logic to automate it

-No where near as awesome as a high speed train full of MFSU carts

• 3 weeks later...

As the title says. I need a way to carry EU over VERY long distances,... I need to link up something which is over 1000 blocks away from the power source, and I don't have the resources to make so many Glass Fibre cables.

Sounds like a good excuse to build an industrial diamond factory!