FC's own demise....

Morvelaira, look her up.

Power corrupts, huh.

Boxing The Whale mod has its merits gameplay-wise. It is well structured in its 'ages of Steve' system, and the fact that id does not rely on one universal resource in order to progress.

But FC will forever be batshit insane, and we shall see the day when the internet forgets about his very retracted, niche part of the interwebs. I may shed a tear, but laugh at the fact it will be his own doing. The dude needs to get out there more.

Question, is there any merit to BTW? Ignoring the creator, does the mod offer ANY value at all?

Um...

No. I've played while waiting for the big mods to update, and I can definitively say no. It's like a strange, convoluted version of IC2, Buildcraft and Red Power, crammed into a soggy bowl of cereal.

ChickenBones, Risugami, Forge, and MCP all have semi-competitive modloaders that overlap but still serve different purposes and needs. It's not really as simple as one dropping in or out.

I'm not a modder so what does regular ModLoader offer over Forge's ModLoader implementation, to both the end-user and modders? Genuinely curious.

I don't think I've ever seen a mod actually use MCP's modloader, come to think of it.

Risu's is most popular simply because it's been out longest, but FML is supposed to fully replace it [eventually] iirc.

CB's would actually be the best, since it allows you to install EVERY mod into the /mods/ folder*, such as Forge or Optifine, etc... if it ever gets finished anyway.

@RH: The only difference between them from an end-user perspective is CB's afaik.

* "CodeChickenLoader is a custom class loader capable of loading all mods from the mods folder. Even base editing mods. This is still heavily in development but when complete will allow ingame modswitching and downloading mods from server."

ChickenBones: Least mature/complete, most complex, requires additional exectuables instead of just modifying the .jar, most robust, can basically do anything to anything, potential to eliminate most baseclass-altering mod incompatibilities.

Risugami: Most mature/complete, least complex, smallest footprint, the bread-and-butter of modding.

Forge: Newest, partially still an idea, middling complexity, potential to remove an installation step if it merges with Risugami's as well as bring Forge into more peoples' .jars if successful.

MCP: Very specialized solution, still in partial development, designed to be a whole different way to create mods if the ML+Forge method is too difficult for you or you just don't lke it, more of a development library or even IDE than ML+Forge (which are just APIs).

• Forum Administrators

Plus FC has a... unique way of administering over there. Which makes me want to draw my shotgun and stab myself with it.

"DON'T MAKE ME MAD I WILL BAN U" is code for "I can't debate nor will I ever even entertain the notion that I may be incorrect and don't you dare forget it mister!"