Why is Forestry no longer apart of Tekkit???

I was wondering why the Forestry mod was no longer a part of Tekkit since the new update. Because of this my old map is broken because it cannot be converted because there were forestry items on that map. I was wondering if in future updates if they would add it back soon.

It will never be part of tekkit or technic ever again and this question has been answered in close to a hundred threads now.

The author of the mod made it very clear that he does not want it in the mod pack by adding code to it to destroy the world of any one who used it with technic or tekkit. After that the mod is offically black listed from ever being in the mod pack no matter if the evil code was removed.

That is correct, they were from forestry and were one of the best items from it. Thankfully we have the energy link from power converters so it is not as bad to loss them. Also we now have fewer items to worry about powering with build craft energy with out all the farms/machines of forestry.

The good news: You can still install it yourself! If you have a fresh Tekkit installation it will install without problem as long you put a Z in front of the filename.

not to necro the shit out of this thread, but does everyone have to do this clientside too?

Necro? His post is 2 days old.

And yes, if you want forestry on your server then all players have to install it as well.

That's the whole point of tekkit, both the client and the server have the exact same mod list with the exact same settings, so it just works from the get-go.

• 1 month later...

can anyone help me with the tekkit whitescreen problem

Wow, you're either a troll or dumber than a pancake, without the syrup.

Why would you necro this thread that's over a month old and doesn't have a single thing to do with your issue?

Also, why didn't you just go to the bug forum with a proper bug report for your problems?