Not Enough RAM?

MrXD34Dx

Hello, I have tried over and over to load up the Blightfall mod pack however, it says i am only using 1GB RAM and i require 2GB. My PC has 12GB RAM and uses most of that for other packs. i have the same issue with a few other packs, can anyone suggest a solution. I have a 64-bit up to date Java and OS

Aye, this is almost guaranteed a launcher config issue.  Open the launcher, and select the pack, but before you launch it click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner.  You should pull up the settings, and  then be able to set the memory and other functions, although I don't recall the process exactly, and I am on my work computer. 

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing you should check is your Launcher settings, in the Java settings there should be a ram limiter, make sure it's not set to 1GB

my pc runs on 8 gb RAM but the launcher settings max RAM I can set is 1 gb plz fix this.

Edited by noobte

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, 

my pc runs on 8 gb RAM but the launcher settings max RAM I can set is 1 gb plz fix this.

If your max RAM is only one gig, that either means you have Java out of date, or you have the 32 bit version rather than the 64 bit.  Go online and download the 64-bit edition.

But make sure your computer is 64 bit first...  

(Windows 7 --> Click start button, Right click on computer, click, "Properties", scroll to where it says "System," and look for "System Type"

Windows 8 --> Click File Explorer, Right click on "This PC" in the left tab, Click properties, scroll to where it says "System", and look for "System Type")

Hello, I have tried over and over to load up the Blightfall mod pack however, it says i am only using 1GB RAM and i require 2GB. My PC has 12GB RAM and uses most of that for other packs. i have the same issue with a few other packs, can anyone suggest a solution. I have a 64-bit up to date Java and OS

You might possibly have the same problem as above, just check by opening your launcher options, if the max is 1 gb, then search for x64 Java.

Windows8System.PNG

The above picture is a Windows 8 Computer

Edited by fatmanchummy