jwdogg609

Allocating more RAM

Question

So I got the technic launcher on the new computer, and I try Tekkit and it gives me the minecraft has run out of memory thing. I go to lunacher options and the dropdown menu will only allow me 1 gb of ram (it was already at 1 gb) but my computer has 8 gb of ram. How to I allocate more ram, or make technic launcher realize i have more ram.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, jwdogg609 said:

So I got the technic launcher on the new computer, and I try Tekkit and it gives me the minecraft has run out of memory thing. I go to lunacher options and the dropdown menu will only allow me 1 gb of ram (it was already at 1 gb) but my computer has 8 gb of ram. How to I allocate more ram, or make technic launcher realize i have more ram.

Well, actually using 64-bit java would be a good start, no?

Thank you, this was simpler than I thought, I installed 64-bit java and uninstalled the 32-bit. Technic must have automatically switched an I set it to 3 gigs of ram. Tekkit runs great now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Kelanduo
      I redownload tec, and keep crashing. The map was fine running with normal minecraft but not with tec. Why???
      (SP: everything was fine one day ago, 2day I did nothing and this problem come out)

• By hperd
      Edit: I just tested to only run Minecraft without the Server, going into a Single Player World and the RAM usage is going up contunously. I set the RAM usage in the Technic Launcher to 4GB, why is it then going higher than that?
      So I'm running a Server with the Mod Pack "After Humans" and I provided the start.bat with the Java Arguments "-Xmx 4G -Xms-1G" and in the Technic Launcher I set the maximum RAM usage to 4GB.
      When the Server is running it is taking around 2.5GB to 3GB of RAM in maximum but the strange thing is, when Minecraft itself is running it's starting at 2GB and is going continously up? Yesterday for example it went to around 8.6GB RAM? If I'm pressing inside Minecraft F3 to see the usage of RAM it says it's using 1.3 to 1.6GB of 4096MB but in the Task Manager it's going continuesly up... Why is that?
      Is Java just adding the Arguments from TL and Server.bat up to one (8GB)?
      Everytime Java is using all my RAM my computer starts to bug out (black monitors / explorer is crashing / can't see my desktop symbols anymore / ...).
      I hope someone can help me out.
      My System is as follows: 16GB RAM, i7-4770, GTX 1060, Win 10 64 bit
    • By Mast
      My computer says 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable) for ram but when i go to allocate on the launcher then it wont allow me to allocate more than 1 GB help i have a 64 bit
    • By Bops05
      everything was perfectly fine. i got java, got 4 gigs of ram, and got a 64bit whatevers, but it still thinks i have 1 gig. it tells me to press a button. I do. it does nothing. i press it again. still nothing. i have a very new computer and im not sure what is wrong. please help.

• By Spixium
      Can anyone help me figure out why I'm suddenly unable to run any minecraft modpacks?
      I set up a tekkit server which worked fine but then I realised tekkit is missing some of my favourite mods so I decided to make a big dig server instead. Except I couldn't get that to work and I tried all kinds of things to fix it. I eventually gave up and tried to play single player big dig only to find that wouldn't work either. And now tekkit and nuts and bolts and every other technic mod pack won't run even though they ran just fine yesterday! When I click play it has a loading bar but when the loading bar fills up minecraft doesn't open and the technic launcher window flashes.
      I've tried to delete everything I downloaded over the past couple of days. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 64 bit java. I've checked and my PC has 16GB of RAM, most of which isn't being used. I've checked the technic launcher settings and I've allocated it 4GB of RAM  and checked that it is indeed using the 64 bit java. I've uninstalled and reinstalled minecraft. I've turned my PC off and on again lol. I'm stuck

https://pastebin.com/eAJQNFh8