jwdogg609

Allocating more RAM

Question

So I got the technic launcher on the new computer, and I try Tekkit and it gives me the minecraft has run out of memory thing. I go to lunacher options and the dropdown menu will only allow me 1 gb of ram (it was already at 1 gb) but my computer has 8 gb of ram. How to I allocate more ram, or make technic launcher realize i have more ram.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, jwdogg609 said:

So I got the technic launcher on the new computer, and I try Tekkit and it gives me the minecraft has run out of memory thing. I go to lunacher options and the dropdown menu will only allow me 1 gb of ram (it was already at 1 gb) but my computer has 8 gb of ram. How to I allocate more ram, or make technic launcher realize i have more ram.

Well, actually using 64-bit java would be a good start, no?

Thank you, this was simpler than I thought, I installed 64-bit java and uninstalled the 32-bit. Technic must have automatically switched an I set it to 3 gigs of ram. Tekkit runs great now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NanoByte
      I can't allocate more than 1 GB of RAM to my technic launcer, and before you comment you need to know that I have a 64bit Win10 and 64 bit Java 8 latest version. I also have plenty of memory available (16 more precise) and a pretty nice pc, my only problem is that I can't load any pack because of the Ram restriction 
    • By Underscore
      I am attempting to launch the modpack, but every time I try, it tells me that I need 64 bit stuff, which I have installed, and it says "this modpack requires 2 GB Ram" and thinks I only have 1. I have almost 8 GBs of ram available on my computer, why won't it work?

• By JokeInABox
      Hi All,
      when i install a modpack and click play, all it dose is close launcher then minecraft appears in the taskbar takes a few seconds then switches to the name of the mod im trying to play (Legands) then dose nothing, wont let me click on it and when i hover over its just a blank white box. 
      I have tried a Couple of different things to get it to work but to no avail.
      Reinstalled minecraft and launcher
      restart PC 
      Changed to 64bit java and set to 4GB ram 
      checked to see if my NVIDA was up to date 

all help would be greatly appreciated.
      link to my logs https://pastebin.com/rNEDnvKb 
    • By Quizer9O8
      Hello there,
      Since I haven't got any luck of finding a fix or someone mentioning this issue I'll place it down right here.
      A few months ago I have noticed that whenever you're launching a Minecraft modpack from the Technic Launcher Minecraft suddenly hijacks all of the available RAM which causes to freeze the entire computer for 10 - 15 minutes before I'm able to terminate the process manually in Task Manager (Windows 10). Since I have 16GB of RAM in my pc I allocated 8GB of RAM to Minecraft (which should be enough for many modpacks) in the settings shown here below but no matter what is set in the Launcher Options seems to have any effect, it straight up ignores it all together.

I'm out of ideas and in desperate need for a solution because this issue makes every modpack I have (small or large) unplayable at this point.
    • By Danny84
      Hello,
      I'm having trouble getting Tekkit Legends to launch. When I click "play" in the launcher, it validates all the files, but then just goes back to the launcher as if nothing had happened. Here is the log. I have tried resetting the modpack multiple times, to no avail. I am able to launch vanilla through the technic launcher, but not tekkit legends.
      Any help is much appreciated!