jwdogg609

Allocating more RAM

Question

So I got the technic launcher on the new computer, and I try Tekkit and it gives me the minecraft has run out of memory thing. I go to lunacher options and the dropdown menu will only allow me 1 gb of ram (it was already at 1 gb) but my computer has 8 gb of ram. How to I allocate more ram, or make technic launcher realize i have more ram.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, jwdogg609 said:

So I got the technic launcher on the new computer, and I try Tekkit and it gives me the minecraft has run out of memory thing. I go to lunacher options and the dropdown menu will only allow me 1 gb of ram (it was already at 1 gb) but my computer has 8 gb of ram. How to I allocate more ram, or make technic launcher realize i have more ram.

Well, actually using 64-bit java would be a good start, no?

Thank you, this was simpler than I thought, I installed 64-bit java and uninstalled the 32-bit. Technic must have automatically switched an I set it to 3 gigs of ram. Tekkit runs great now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FokinLaserSights
      Ok so i got 16gb of ram. I set the launchers ram limit to 8gb. When i start the game the ram usage (as the task manager shows) is 2-3gb. After time it just gets higher and higher that the ram usage gets to like 12gb. And that causes discord to stop itself just to get more memory for the game
      And so i dont get why this happens
    • By deathplayer43
      so my modpack has 5mb of memory allocated but it only uses like 700mb is there a way to fix this
    • By CyberNinja98
      So I have the launcher options set so it can use 6GB-s of ram but whenever I try to play it caps out at 455MBs. I need some technical help with this
    • By Lazerhack
      When trying to play any modpack on the technic launcher, i have the options to choose anywhere from 1gb ram to 15gb ram, being that i have 16gb ram installed on my pc. The problem i run into is that if i choose any more than 6gb allocated, the modpacks wont load at all. the technic launcher will close as if it is starting the modpack then will immediately open back up without attempting to load the modpack, giving the error "Not enough memory installed to support this modpack" in the console. When i open my system properties it shows that i do indeed have 16gb ram installed. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling technic, each of the modpacks, java RTE, and even attempted replacing my RAM twice with 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.