World Crashes on Startup - Help!!

Riley Lennon

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first post.

So I was playing a Technic modpack (Super Modded Survival) about 2 or 3 days ago. I went into NEI to look for an item ID. I got the ID for the Mysterium Portal, and when I used the /give command, my game crashed. I can still get into the modpack, but that specific world crashes on startup. After research, I can assume that for whatever reason, that specific item shouldn't be spawned in through command or something. The only solution I could think of was deleting my player.dat to reset my inventory. BUT, whenever I do so, it just re-creates itself with all previous items. If anybody has a possible solution it would be VERY much appreciated.

If you're running Windows 7, there are likely to be backups (right-click on folder, click Find Previous Versions).  Otherwise, you can try getting an NBT Editor and removing the item from your inventory from outside the game.

I moved this post to the correct place.  Future bugs for custom modpacks such as this one go here, while bugs with the launcher itself and official modpacks go on the Tracker.

If you're running Windows 7, there are likely to be backups (right-click on folder, click Find Previous Versions).  Otherwise, you can try getting an NBT Editor and removing the item from your inventory from outside the game.

I moved this post to the correct place.  Future bugs for custom modpacks such as this one go here, while bugs with the launcher itself and official modpacks go on the Tracker.

I restored to a previous backup and it fixed the issue. Thank you for the help.