Coal Coke

Niels

So, i have some coke ovens and i'm producing coal coke. So i take the coal coke, put it in my steam engines, but it wont run... The coal coke wont work in my steam engines? On sp it works.. but not on mp, how i fix this

So, i have some coke ovens and i'm producing coal coke. So i take the coal coke, put it in my steam engines, but it wont run... The coal coke wont work in my steam engines? On sp it works.. but not on mp, how i fix this

Does it work in anything else? Like the Tunnel Bore or anything vanilla minecraft like the oven? It's possible that it might just not work in buildcraft stuff.

Are you making sure to apply a redstone current to the engines?

I would imagine he has, given that he's able to get it to run in SSP. I have yet to make an oven to produce the stuff myself for the tunnel bore I also haven't built. I've been so consumed with redpower machinery.

The steam engines works fine with coal, i have a lever to power it. But the coal coke works in singleplayer.

Not concerned about vanilla coal. I am curious to see if coal coke works in anything. If it works in Railcraft and not in vanilla ovens, then it's a railcraft specific fuel. EE did something similar to this with EE2, which is what is in Technic/Tekkit right now. It used to be that all the fuel you could craft via EE could be used in anything. If it works in vanilla ovens as well as the tunnel bore, then it could be a specific incompatibility with buildcraft.

I can confirm this. Coal coke has not worked in steam engines since Tekkit 3 came out. It worked fine in my 2.1.1 server and it works on everything else, but not steam engines. I had a player report this on our first day of Tekkit 3 and I filed a bug report but nothing came out of it.

So it sounds like a buildcraft incompatibility. Well, it's for the best. Buildcraft is quickly being antiquated with all the improvements to redpower anyway. You should just bite the bullet and drop it altogether and convert to redpower and all its glory.

@Beer: Don't talk bullshit. Nobody have to bite the bullet and drop anything. If someone still wants to use Buildcraft then it's their choice and you should respect that. And to me it doesn't sound as incompatibility but as something that isn't configured like it was back in 2.1.1. That's why I'm going to look at it some time later.

EDIT: BTW, try to pump oil/water/lava with RedPower. Good luck with that. That's also something that needs engines and from BC.

So it sounds like a buildcraft incompatibility. Well, it's for the best. Buildcraft is quickly being antiquated with all the improvements to redpower anyway. You should just bite the bullet and drop it altogether and convert to redpower and all its glory.

Making an RP2 quarry takes a certain degree of skill and effort, where making a BC quarry is a matter of crafting it in a crafting table... RP2 will never replace Buildcraft. Personally I've already started working on my RP2 quarry but not everyone has the attention span or time to learn how to make one of them.

Hmmm.... Ok, didn't know that was possible with RP. Learnt something new, but there's so much going on in Tekkit. I don't know everything. (And some things I still have to learn like the RP computer. Computercraft is what I understand, because it's a programming language. RP computers has this binary code. Eventually I'll fully got into it, but it'll take a while. ;))

EDIT: I looked into it. Unfortunally, it isn't some setting. There seems to be something wrong in the SMP code of BuildCraft. On the BC forums itself are people with the same problem. It is not a Tekkit problem, it's a BuildCraft problem.

Hmmm.... Ok, didn't know that was possible with RP. Learnt something new, but there's so much going on in Tekkit. I don't know everything. (And some things I still have to learn like the RP computer. Computercraft is what I understand, because it's a programming language. RP computers has this binary code. Eventually I'll fully got into it, but it'll take a while. ;))

EDIT: I looked into it. Unfortunally, it isn't some setting. There seems to be something wrong in the SMP code of BuildCraft. On the BC forums itself are people with the same problem. It is not a Tekkit problem, it's a BuildCraft problem.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to start shit. Sorry if it was perceived as such, I was just messing around. If I wanted to make a case that RP > BC I would actually provide statements of fact. As I determined earlier, it's BC. If it were a Coal Coke specific issue, it wouldn't work in anything. But if it's working in Vanilla items and Railcraft items, but not working in buildcraft items, it's a pretty narrow troubleshoot.

On another note, thanks for reminding me how effortless it is to push buttons. I truly appreciate it.

RP2 is not binary, it's FORTH. It also happens to have verious other things available to it, such as good ol' BASIC. The same thing you likely programmed your grpahing calculator with? Beautiful stuff. And FORTH is pretty awesome once you get used to Reverse Polish Notation.

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure Railcraft is that compatible with BuildCraft 2.x. And seeing BuildCraft 3.x isn't SMP quite yet, I suspect that this problem is related to API stuff.

Out of curiosity, you decided to resurrect a month old thread because you thought it was important to tell us this?