Let's talk about how great Planetside 2 is going to be

sct

• Forum Administrators

It's going to be great. Really great. If it's not everyone is going to be really really sad. I can't remember any other game that truly captured me like Planetside 1 did in terms of a massively amazing FPS. The teamwork. The ships. The everything.

Here watch some awesome videos:

All hail Vanu. :smug:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forum Administrators

HEH Vanu

More like TR.

There is going to be internal Technic drama, just you wait. Cheap Shot and I and our irl friends are all about Terran Republic, and poor little sct here is all purple and pew pew pew. :fsmug:

• Forum Administrators

HEH Vanu

More like TR.

There is going to be internal Technic drama, just you wait. Cheap Shot and I and our irl friends are all about Terran Republic, and poor little sct here is all purple and pew pew pew. :fsmug:

The only drama I see is you guys complaining every time I kill you :black101:

I did way too much heroing. I loved the 3d freedom flight powers gave, and mob healing that was consistent with player healing (instead of WoW's mob insta-heal) meant I could snipe badguys at my leisure from 100m above and alt-tab to do other stuff while waiting for them to return to spawn.

Best pet class of any MMO as well. All my villians were masterminds, and I could solo pretty much anything I wanted to. Felt really good getting solo payback against BackAlleyBrawler for what he did to my poor lil' villian at the end of the CoV beta (even if it was an NPC and not the real dev).

• Forum Administrators

...oh. now i'm all full of disappoint. I may have to buy planetside.

It isn't the same as PS2. I'd seriously consider just going 'OoOOo PS2' and signing up for the beta and leaving it at that. Planetside is still kind of amazing, but its a poor looking and feeling game.

Something something, indoor maps, something something.

I've got about 4 friends pushing for me to play this as well, but I'm hesitant because cash shops in an FPS don't normally fare well.

Then I watch some game play.

I don't like the thought of losing a chunk of the year to this game, but I may not have a choice.

Something something, indoor maps, something something.

I've got about 4 friends pushing for me to play this as well, but I'm hesitant because cash shops in an FPS don't normally fare well.

Then I watch some game play.

I don't like the thought of losing a chunk of the year to this game, but I may not have a choice.

I'm sure SOE won't fuck up this much of an investment.

• Forum Administrators

I'm nervous about the cash shop thing as well, but with what they've been promising (as long as they hold to it) there won't be a problem. All $$$ is just cosmetic or shortcuts, yay!

I have spent $$$ on stupider things in games. I do really hope they honor their word avoid making this game pay to win. I would for sure turn out my wallet for cosmetic shit to show my appreciation. It sounds like an impossible thing to do though. They're two years in development of this giant beautiful game, using gameplay concepts never even attempted before, and they plan to make it free to play...how?!

All $$$ is just cosmetic or shortcuts, yay!

Even if I get a year of this, I think I'd be happy. Most games end up doing as Nexon or the likes of APB where they need the money so badly, they just pump-out pay-to-win guns. Eventually when the population runs low, it will happen...But one full year of decent gameplay? Yes please.

If only they'd warn us and allow us to throw money at them to prevent them from becoming pay-to-win; it's not the money I'm worried so much about as the balance/fair play.

They're two years in development of this giant beautiful game, using gameplay concepts never even attempted before, and they plan to make it free to play...how?!

Giant cojones and a fanatical fanbase.

Even if I get a year of this, I think I'd be happy. Most games end up doing as Nexon or the likes of APB where they need the money so badly, they just pump-out pay-to-win guns. Eventually when the population runs low, it will happen...But one full year of decent gameplay? Yes please.

League of Legends is still going strong for unimaginable reasons. Their fanbase is hideous though.

• Forum Administrators

I have spent $$$ on stupider things in games. I do really hope they honor their word avoid making this game pay to win. I would for sure turn out my wallet for cosmetic shit to show my appreciation. It sounds like an impossible thing to do though. They're two years in development of this giant beautiful game, using gameplay concepts never even attempted before, and they plan to make it free to play...how?!

Look at League of Legends for a prime example of how well the f2p model can work. They are making ridiculous loads of money.

League of Legends is still going strong for unimaginable reasons. Their fanbase is hideous though.
Look at League of Legends for a prime example of how well the f2p model can work. They are making ridiculous loads of money.

The model is based around a game concept tried and validated through the likes of DOTA; its numbers keep it strong enough to entice people to continue playing, and the constant skin releases give people something to buy. Not to mention the entire game is largely disabled for free players (by that I mean the heroes), allowing only a few to be played for free at a time.

As I believe Planetside2 isn't going to augment their sales by restricting content (because it is only cosmetic/shortcut sales) I still hold my skepticism. Not to mention it is a concept being based on a largely untested (relatively speaking) FPS-MMO.

If it gets out there enough it'll go pretty far, as long as it balanced and provides unique fun gameplay, which looks to be all of their objectives. If they were to make this Pay to Win, then it'd fall flat on its face or be a curiosity to play every once in a while like Tribes