LOOKING FOR A LIST OF THE MOST COMMONLY BANNED TEKKIT ITEMS FOR 3.1.2

Hello everyone I have a small tekkit server that i am running with a far amount of people on it and I am in need of a list of the most commonly banned tekkit items that people use on there own servers so please if you could show me yours or something i would greatly appreciate it.

Also if intrested about my server message me on skype.

Skype - jammy_dodger94

• All of Equivalent Exchange. Reason: Game balance.
  • All of Buildcraft. Reason: Poorly designed BC pipe systems can drop thousands of items on the floor when overloaded, and this renders the server unplayably laggy. Also Quarries.
  • Mining Turtles: massive potential for abuse and/or large scale automated mining.
  • Teleport Pipes: Reason: Even if you keep Buildcraft, Teleport pipes are incredibly buggy and flaky. Also game balance.
  • Ender Chests. Reason: Game balance - cheap (practically free) item teleportation discourages people from building Railcraft train lines to haul cargo.

* All of Equivalent Exchange. Reason: Game balance. * All of Buildcraft. Reason: Poorly designed BC pipe systems can drop thousands of items on the floor when overloaded, and this renders the server unplayably laggy. Also Quarries. * Mining Turtles: massive potential for abuse and/or large scale automated mining. * Teleport Pipes: Reason: Even if you keep Buildcraft, Teleport pipes are incredibly buggy and flaky. Also game balance. * Ender Chests. Reason: Game balance - cheap (practically free) item teleportation discourages people from building Railcraft train lines to haul cargo.

You just named everything I banned cept build craft and I ban any anchors also.

You just named everything I banned cept build craft and I ban any anchors also.

If you are still interested in allowing players access to limited chunk loaders, look into the Dimensional Anchors added in 3.1.2. That mod allows you to specify exactly how many chunks a player can load. Set it to something reasonable for your defaults, and allow donors access to a few more chunks.

I actually wouldn't recommend disabling Buildcraft. It is useful in many instances when building in tight spaces, particularly vertically. There are many plugins that monitor, and flag a warning with co-ords when a chunk exceeds too many lose entities. I'd recommend looking into one of those.

If you are still interested in allowing players access to limited chunk loaders, look into the Dimensional Anchors added in 3.1.2. That mod allows you to specify exactly how many chunks a player can load. Set it to something reasonable for your defaults, and allow donors access to a few more chunks.

I actually wouldn't recommend disabling Buildcraft. It is useful in many instances when building in tight spaces, particularly vertically. There are many plugins that monitor, and flag a warning with co-ords when a chunk exceeds too many lose entities. I'd recommend looking into one of those.

I banned any anchors in My server because a small infnite ostrich gltich that occurs when a chunk is infinitely loaded :D. I have mo creatures on my server + a few other mods like battle towers. I keep buildcraft tho like i said. EE2 is gone sadly, it really needs some work.

The best plugin for handling bulk item entities is NoLagg, which consolidates single items into stacks on the ground, and buffers item drops to prevent more than X (default 80) item entities from being spawned in a chunk at any one time.

I banned any anchors in My server because a small infnite ostrich gltich that occurs when a chunk is infinitely loaded :D. I have mo creatures on my server + a few other mods like battle towers. I keep buildcraft tho like i said. EE2 is gone sadly, it really needs some work.

Ok cool. Ya, anchor carts are disabled on my server except for the three carts OPs give to each player. They are uncraftable though. I try to keep all of the "building tools" enabled though, mainly the Destruction Catalyst and Mercurial Eye for my staff (Crafting and the "use" command are disabled for regular members). It really helps them build awesome server structures without needing to give them World Edit.

Compact solars if you want people to build any other energy system. They do reduce server load, but they're so easy to move that people don't bother with any other energy source. (500 panels, while wiring them without losses, is quite a feat, and costs a /lot/ of time and energy to move)

UU matter recipies other then uridum if you want to prevent everything endgaming at UU matter generation.

Compact solars if you want people to build any other energy system. They do reduce server load, but they're so easy to move that people don't bother with any other energy source. (500 panels, while wiring them without losses, is quite a feat, and costs a /lot/ of time and energy to move)

UU matter recipies other then uridum if you want to prevent everything endgaming at UU matter generation.

People have had this discussion before. Disabling compact solars is a bad idea. People want massive amounts of solar, they'll make massive amounts of solar. They'll probably spam Solar Panels everywhere and wire them up. What would cause more lag, you think? A single MV Array producing 64 EU/t, or 64 Solar Panels, all wired together, and all of them have to be processed by the server, along with the energy losses which also have to be calculated?

If you want to go the disable compact solar approach also disable solar panels all together as pointed at by Teraku. It will save your server from a lot of pain and suffering. Grant it this will force people to make massive wind or water farms including the lag inducing auto water mill machines.

• All of Equivalent Exchange. Reason: Game balance.
  • All of Buildcraft. Reason: Poorly designed BC pipe systems can drop thousands of items on the floor when overloaded, and this renders the server unplayably laggy. Also Quarries.
  • Mining Turtles: massive potential for abuse and/or large scale automated mining.
  • Teleport Pipes: Reason: Even if you keep Buildcraft, Teleport pipes are incredibly buggy and flaky. Also game balance.
  • Ender Chests. Reason: Game balance - cheap (practically free) item teleportation discourages people from building Railcraft train lines to haul cargo.

It would be simpler to just say

• All of tekkit

Buildcraft pipes are pretty good if you know what you're doing. The added Logistics Pipes are even better, with some pretty amazing things being possible. I'd recommend just banning quarries and using an anti-lag plugin to group item drops.

As for mining turtles, that shouldn't be a problem, just restrict it to only programs you approve manually.

having massive lengths of pipes with transferring items also causes lag. Keep that in mind before you ban ender chests/teleport pipes; although they may be a little OP, they're a great way to save space/reduce lag. Also, the advanced insertion pipe can solve several buildcraft overflow problems.

I just noticed no one mentioned nukes or any other kind of explosions, or I didn't notice it

edit: Just ban all tekkit, it's too op comparingly to regular minecraft.

Also, the advanced insertion pipe can solve several buildcraft overflow problems.

If any kind of overflow occurs you may also use obsidian pipes and they do pipe out the overflow to other place

Edit2: Added an image for those of you who never heard of obsidian pipes and they're use

overflow.png

I just noticed no one mentioned nukes or any other kind of explosions, or I didn't notice it

edit: Just ban all tekkit, it's too op comparingly to regular minecraft.

If any kind of overflow occurs you may also use obsidian pipes and they do pipe out the overflow to other place

Edit2: Added an image for those of you who never heard of obsidian pipes and they're use

I'm pretty sure nukes are already disabled by default, that's why they haven't been mentioned. And you don't have to ban explosives, just use a plugin that turns off explosion block damage.

As for the obsidian pipes: You don't need an obsidian on the top bit in your picture. In fact, since it has two connections, it won't even work as an obsidian pipe. You can also power the bottom pipe with a redstone engine to increase its radius.

I'm pretty sure nukes are already disabled by default, that's why they haven't been mentioned. And you don't have to ban explosives, just use a plugin that turns off explosion block damage.

As for the obsidian pipes: You don't need an obsidian on the top bit in your picture. In fact, since it has two connections, it won't even work as an obsidian pipe. You can also power the bottom pipe with a redstone engine to increase its radius.

That is an advanced insertion pipe.

• 4 weeks later...

How does one come about removing the recipes for uu-matter?