The Blunderbuss

TechnicSqurill

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullets, it fires bullets(as in not IRL bullets but the MC equivalent). I think it uses the same rounds as the musket, but not sure(edit: what the guy under me said, blunderbuss shots). It works a bit like a shotgun, so perfect for short range ownage(particularily on better dungeons mobs :P )

Also, if you put Musket Balls, Blunderbuss Shot, Javelins or Crossbow Bolts in a dispenser, it'll fire them like it does arrows.

Just a random fact.

OH GOD. I am going to have to set up a pvp trap in terranovo with that.

I'm thinking 1x1 oubliette with 8 dispensers of blunderbus shot at the bottom, all hooked up to a .2ms timer. Because i hate tresspassers.

We didn't get that setup until after the dudes in quantum armour destroyed all of our shit.

I'm pretty sure the Blunderbuss and Musket do pretty good damage against quantum armoured foes though. I'll science it in SP and get back to you

I am forcibly reminded of Dresden codak...

Particularly this. http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=DC-BISCUIT&Category_Code=DC-SHIRTS

Science or ?SCIENCE? is the common term for testing something of this matter in Dwarf Fortress.

And I couldn't get it to trigger with a repeater, but manually fired musket balls weren't even denting me.

Maybe the repeater was too fast... some things can't be triggered with a pulse.

I was thinking of mass loading blunderbuss shot, and blasting the person until the charge on their quantum ran out. As far as i'm aware, that's the only way to kill someone with quantum.

If you had 4 dispensers just pinging them around in a circle you could concievably stunlock them

That's the plan. And an obsidian pipe in the floor to grab all the goodies they drop. and a pressure pad on the ground so the machines will know when to fire... 8D

If it can be escaped or survived for very long, it's not an oubliette by my standards.

"When in doubt, add lava and obsidian." It works very well even in vanilla. If you need something that moves via pistons, (A lava flow release, something to block off the way they came in, etc.) make it the strongest thing that the game will allow to move, because obsidian can't normally be moved by pistons. RedPower rubberwood might be a basic option, due to being fireproof and defined as "wood" in terms of what breaks it. Many people wouldn't expect to need a woodcutting tool in a heavily fortified, industrialized base. There's also a trick that makes it impossible or all but impossible for an intruder to break any blocks by shuffling them back and forth with pistons. You could push them up and sideways forever and rather safely (They wouldn't be able to break any blocks due to being shuffled around so fast.) with zipper elevators and zig-zagging piston formations as well, then do some piston-shuffling to fill the whole corridor with enough hazardous things that they couldn't possibly get out before they died. I'd suggest trying to find a good patch of bedrock that can't or can't very easily be escaped if they're dropped in, if possible. Also, the blowdart shot's poison might ignore armor and will certainly add DPS for a long time with just a single shot, making it potentially devastating.

And if someone can somehow survive all of that in an obsidian casing that they probably couldn't break at all due to being moved around so much, being in lava, and so on, I'd say they deserve anything they want to steal from you, in honesty. Though you might be able to dispense dirt into their inventory as well as all through the trap with excess they couldn't possibly pick up to lag them and make them have to get rid of it all somehow.

If it can be escaped or survived for very long, it's not an oubliette by my standards.

I have a town in towny. They couldn't even break an exposed redstone torch ^_^

Also, Lava isn't much of a force against quantum armor. You can swim around in lava even with nano.

Also, if i did manage to kill them with lava, the lava would just eat all the juicy drops. Better off with a sealed wall in that case.

As for the blowdart poison, i'll have to look into that. If it can bypass armor, or stack, it could be just what i need.

That may be true, actually. I'm not extremely big on semantics, though. But in the context of Minecraft, I'd want to kill someone in my "oubliette." Rather quickly, as well. And in general, if someone's to be locked up until they're forgotten and likely dead anyway, I for one would like to be slightly merciful as well as practical (They could escape.) and just fill the room with some dangerous something-or-other and kill them before they start the many times more agonizing process of dehydrating and starving and such. Though, if I kept actual prison rooms or automated kill rooms and actually had to use them at some points in the real world in any sense I'd likely question where I went wrong and had to make such a decision.

ETA: As for your idea, Jay?, perhaps pushing a tougher block onto their head with a piston? That probably bypasses armor completely as well. Also note that the blowdart poison can't actually kill, and the shot itself is extremely weak in comparison to many other things.

Not on all servers. Some have no such command, or only allow the /killme command which drops their loot anyway. But if you're working on a specific server where that's true, that's a problem indeed. You may be able to make it so rapid that they're dead before the wait time could possibly be up unless they activated it before even activating the trap, but of course incorporating a piston shuffler to keep them moving around and unable to teleport or break blocks will make it much easier in terms of time limits.

The thing is, any trap that doesn't shunt them around can be escaped by typing /home or /spawn

That's true. Maybe a 2x1 hole, and the two bottom side blocks would be pistons attached to a Tflipflop.

As for pushing a block into their head, Anyone with quantum boots could then jump ONTO that block, and then no longerbe subject to the trap.