The Blunderbuss

TechnicSqurill

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arc_Wielder.png

THIS is my kind of gun! This fires an arc of concentrated electricity over a long distance. Its called the Arc Wielder.

As for the quantum armor trap, well... I really dont know, Quantum armor or at LEAST the chest-plate is banned on the servers I play on.

there should be a "quantum buster" weapon in ic2, that does the Health damage of a wooden sword, but drains quantum energy with each hit.

Only the Nano Sword can "easily" bust through Quantum Armor. And even that takes a while, but it is worth it, PvP-wise, because it will totally destroy the Quantum Armor, not just drain the charge. Closest thing I could think of that matched your request.

there should be a "quantum buster" weapon in ic2, that does the Health damage of a wooden sword, but drains quantum energy with each hit.

The IC2 API exposes a simple bit of code that lets you drain charge from an armor piece to run an electric tool from. It wouldn't be hard to repurpose it for a quantum destroyer sword.

And triggering EE items off shouldn't be too hard either, just search the inventories of player's in range and flip the item around with the off state item.

I'll look into these once I'm at a good point with for the trees, I already had an idea for a turtle emp block to protect areas from CC based griefing.

Didn't think about that. I'm guessing there's atleast one or two of those items that use a direct call on the block you point at instead of a projectile of some kind.

Projectile based effects might be protected against by creating a forcefield-type block that deletes all projectile entities that collide with it. But anything that relies on you being in range to target a block by player sight would be problematic.

Only the Nano Sword can "easily" bust through Quantum Armor. And even that takes a while, but it is worth it, PvP-wise, because it will totally destroy the Quantum Armor, not just drain the charge. Closest thing I could think of that matched your request.

no, you are thinking of the nanosuit, not the quantum suit. the quantum suit is the one that has a ridciulous charge and negates ALL damage

Red matter swords (or Katars, which are even better damage wise) do AOE damage on a right click, right? So if you just have some deployers hooked up to a timer, wouldn't that kill them pretty fast?

Edit: Ah, AOE activates with "R", so it doesn't work with deployers, just tested it...