The Blunderbuss

TechnicSqurill

Two blocks! :D

If you were to sort of alternate the blocks, you could allow for them to jump, but then drop them back down again.

Hmm. That deserves thought.

@_@ this redstone trap is quickly becoming far too complex for my feeble mind to construct.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a player is noticed as "smothering" by the game, does that make them able to clip through any block or are they locked into the blocks they're currently in unless there are nearby "open" (Air, water, oil, lava, any "gas" [which is only air so far as I know.] or "liquid" block in general.) blocks for them to get into? If it's the latter, just put two or more layers of blocks over their head and they'll hit their head on those just above the ones smothering them if they try to jump out, even with the quantum armor's ridiculous jump height. I'd suggest as much of the "more" option as possible if applicable, just to give them more to break through and make it less likely for escape to happen.

If a player is noticed as "smothering" by the game, does that make them able to clip through any block or are they locked into the blocks they're currently in unless there are nearby "open" (Air, water, oil, lava, any "gas" [which is only air so far as I know.] or "liquid" block in general.) blocks for them to get into? If it's the latter, just put two or more layers of blocks over their head and they'll hit their head on those just above the ones smothering them if they try to jump out, even with the quantum armor's ridiculous jump height. I'd suggest as much of the "more" option as possible if applicable, just to give them more to break through and make it less likely for escape to happen.

You can jump up, and land on the block that was smothering you. I've used it to escape tunnels in the desert many times.

And you can keep doing it, so puching a column of rock onto their heads would probably give them a ladder out of the hole >_>

Eesh. Some of these super-powered armors make deadly traps difficult.

Hmmm. What if there were a smothering block set, another set of blocks two or more empty spaces above those, and player detectors set to make the smothering blocks retract if they were to try to jump out? Then they'd jump up, hit the higher blocks, activate the detectors, fall back, and be smothering while bombarded with whatever you choose to be shooting at them again when the pistons push back into place. They would've gone nowhere and only delayed the (hopefully) inevitable.

2 tall, 2 wide, 1 long hole.

Bottom layer pistons at each end to push the victim back and forth.

2nd layer (upper body) CF sprayer in a redpower deployer, set to go off when the trap is triggered.

Knock em back and forth through wet construction foam.

Or, obsidian. If it can be placed and destroyed by RedPower things instantly, it would be extremely useful due to being, save for bedrock, the thing in the game with both the most blast resistance and resistance to mining in both vanilla and the entirety of the Technic pack's mods save for EE. (Which I'd assume isn't used on the server due to quantum armor being the big worry with the trap instead of the legendarily overpowered gem armor and the many other god-tier items it offers.)

Also, I just remembered: A tesla coil, with sufficiently massive amounts of energy stored in it, (Almost as full as it can possibly be.) can all but drain quantum armor dry straight from "full" according to what I hear. It would make it much quicker and therefore far more lethal simply because of the much lower time it would grant to anyone to escape. Depending upon how pistons handle EU (If the data value for a device's EU is stored when being moved.) you might be able to shuffle many of them around from recharging stations back to their firing slot with each shot, making them able to handle a constant stream of intruders falling into the death hole as a unit.

I just tried a bunch of things, and so far Quantum armor seems GODDAMN BROKEN. i sat for 10 minutes in a hole getting peppered by blunderbuss shot, and there wasn't even any visible degradation in the power level.

I'll try the tesla coils next, but im beginning to think that quantum armor is just the "okay, everyone else can just give up now" thing.

Or, obsidian. If it can be placed and destroyed by RedPower things instantly, it would be extremely useful due to being, save for bedrock, the thing in the game with both the most blast resistance and resistance to mining in both vanilla and the entirety of the Technic pack's mods save for EE. (Which I'd assume isn't used on the server due to quantum armor being the big worry with the trap instead of the legendarily overpowered gem armor and the many other god-tier items it offers.)

Also, I just remembered: A tesla coil, with sufficiently massive amounts of energy stored in it, (Almost as full as it can possibly be.) can all but drain quantum armor dry straight from "full" according to what I hear. It would make it much quicker and therefore far more lethal simply because of the much lower time it would grant to anyone to escape. Depending upon how pistons handle EU (If the data value for a device's EU is stored when being moved.) you might be able to shuffle many of them around from recharging stations back to their firing slot with each shot, making them able to handle a constant stream of intruders falling into the death hole as a unit.

Without swiftwolfs rending gale, or actually being allowed in my base, there is no chance of escape from the hole, that much i know. unless you're part of the same faction as me, you can't build or mine there.

Ah, well that makes it a lot easier then. Though actually, gem armor allows flight as well. And if the rending gale is usable, I'd imagine that is too, which means you should put a cap over their heads. It also means it will take forever to kill anyone using it, gem armor being the most ridiculously overpowered armor to ever exist in any Minecraft mod short of "This armor is made of dirt and makes you invincible!" varieties. And there's the possibility of them using the two regenerative stones or their combined form. With those two combined, you'd have to utilize ridiculous and possibly even impossible DPS so they couldn't possibly heal quickly enough, or wait until they run out of EMC. And they could have multiple fully charged KSOs, so you might want to install a window and see if you can have a nice chat with them while your mega-weapons are making them itch a little. Behind meter-thick reinforced glass at the least, of course.

That's what they're doing, it seems. But I'd imagine they're not happy with the speed of the trap. 10 minutes is a long time, after all. And seeing as Jay? said there was no visible degradation I'm assuming to actually kill anyone in quantum armor, given that it makes the player wearing it immune to all (or most forms of) damage, they'd be taking up a valuable, resource-expensive trap for hours and granting him no loot. In that time many others could intrude upon his base and even fall into the same trap, causing a large backflow of players waiting to get out and actually play on the server, (The trap is said to be inescapable, just not very lethal.) or possibly glitching up the trap.

Guys.

Use jacketed wire to connect your dispenser trap to a timer that's activated by pressure plate.

Yeah, you're a bit late with that. That isn't the issue, the issue is dealing enough damage to completely discharge the quantum chestplate. It would literally take HOURS of tesla/gunfire to achieve this.

@wudzer

I'm playing in terranova, so EE is totally disabled (thank god) because otherwise, i would be completely discouraged from building aboveground, for fear that some invincible megagod would realized that he could just waltz in and take whatever he wanted.

That's what they're doing, it seems. But I'd imagine they're not happy with the speed of the trap. 10 minutes is a long time, after all. And seeing as Jay? said there was no visible degradation I'm assuming to actually kill anyone in quantum armor, given that it makes the player wearing it immune to all (or most forms of) damage, they'd be taking up a valuable, resource-expensive trap for hours and granting him no loot. In that time many others could intrude upon his base and even fall into the same trap, causing a large backflow of players waiting to get out and actually play on the server, (The trap is said to be inescapable, just not very lethal.) or possibly glitching up the trap.

Oh, no, there IS loot. Otherwise it would JUST be an oubliette, and i'd let people teleport away. my plans include obsidian pipes with redstone input, to take all the delicious drops that are left behind.

And outside of quantum armor, the trap is currently VERY lethal. Under 10 seconds to kill anyone in Nano or less.

Could you run massive voltage through wires and add electrification to the trap?

I haven't tried that myself, but i know that other people on the server have tried it, and the results have been far less than effective.

I think what's needed is some kind of EMP mod, an item that uses electricity to cause large amounts of damage to energy based armors, (it would also be cool if it drained energy from energy based tools and weapons, or forcefields and such). It would give a lot more balance to the game, and force even quantum people to make plans and think about what they're doing.

So what about using redpower deployers to create a self healing cage out of obsidian or rubberwood? No escape without teleporting, and you could slowly torture them with HV current.

I don't do that for two reasons.

One, it hemorrhages power like nobodies buisiness, because it isn't meant to be used that way

and two: If i build a trap with no escape, that doesn't have a realistic kill time, it's possible that it could be considered greifing, by not allowing people to play the game, but sit in my little dungeon instead.

Also, no need to worry about self healing, since i have towny protection.

Bah, 5 blocks of uninsulated HV cable isn't much bleed off.

If they stay in your dungeon for long periods of time while a suicide option is available, then it's their decision. No different than someone who sits in a hole for days while a cheap power generator fills an MFSU, they've made the decision that their time is worth spending idle to get a perceived payoff (in this case, freedom with all their stuff intact).

Bah, 5 blocks of uninsulated HV cable isn't much bleed off.

If they stay in your dungeon for long periods of time while a suicide option is available, then it's their decision. No different than someone who sits in a hole for days while a cheap power generator fills an MFSU, they've made the decision that their time is worth spending idle to get a perceived payoff (in this case, freedom with all their stuff intact).

Except that in a server, there's a possibility of people calling for help, and having a TNT cannon dig them out, or even of having a moderator decide that a trap that requires 4 hours to kill is unacceptable, then teleporting the victim out.