How to add Xray for Technic?

Sean_Crees

Step 1: Decompile minecraft modded with all the tekkit mods.

Step 2: Decompile vanilla minecraft with x-ray installed.

Step 3: Merge the x-ray source into the tekkit code.

Step 4: Recompile and snag the changed files.

Step 5: Install the changed file into tekkit.

Step 6: Since this is probably too long for you to bother.

Step 7: Reading. Go away, this isn't the place for this.

Step 8: No help for cheaters anyway.

Step 1: Decompile minecraft modded with all the tekkit mods.

Step 2: Decompile vanilla minecraft with x-ray installed.

Step 3: Merge the x-ray source into the tekkit code.

Step 4: Recompile and snag the changed files.

Step 5: Install the changed file into tekkit.

Step 6: Since this is probably too long for you to bother.

Step 7: Reading. Go away, this isn't the place for this.

Step 8: No help for cheaters anyway.

How is this not the place for this? This is the modders forum. Is there a different forum for this?

Is there any easier way than recompiling? Are there step by step instructions somewhere?

How is this not the place for this? This is the modders forum. Is there a different forum for this?

Is there any easier way than recompiling? Are there step by step instructions somewhere?

It's just that the X-ray mods are obviously for cheating and griefing servers, and we don't want to encourage this.

It's just that the X-ray mods are obviously for cheating and griefing servers, and we don't want to encourage this.

So i can use creative mode and thats not cheating, but if i just want to find diamond ore faster, thats cheating? I don't understand. Technic is solo gameplay.

If this is not the right place to ask this question, then where is the right place to ask this question?

Try doing more than glancing at the forum titles. Each ones has stickies and descriptions.

You know, rule 1 when you signed up for this place?

As for the cheating aspect. X-ray is primarily used in multiplayer because it's a waste of time if you do have item spawn powers and no more legit than creative.

If you want to aleviate the challenge a little, use a divining rod. It's perfectly legit and can still home you in on diamonds in a flash.

Try doing more than glancing at the forum titles. Each ones has stickies and descriptions.

You know, rule 1 when you signed up for this place?

As for the cheating aspect. X-ray is primarily used in multiplayer because it's a waste of time if you do have item spawn powers and no more legit than creative.

If you want to aleviate the challenge a little, use a divining rod. It's perfectly legit and can still home you in on diamonds in a flash.

I'll just ask over at the minecraft.net forums, they seem to be less fussy about these things.

Thanks for the heads up on divining rods, never knew they existed.

See, this is why we mock people so much. You come here, ignore the rules, skim the titles, and toss up a question before doing any basic research into the mods. If we didn't vent our frustration with snide remarks the entire community would commit suicide and the place would become overrun with "OMFG!!! I answor UR qstn, U gibme diamond an upvote NAO!!!"

See, this is why we mock people so much. You come here, ignore the rules, skim the titles, and toss up a question before doing any basic research into the mods. If we didn't vent our frustration with snide remarks the entire community would commit suicide and the place would become overrun with "OMFG!!! I answor UR qstn, U gibme diamond an upvote NAO!!!"

Just calm down seriously, you're going to give yourself a stroke over this.

Just calm down seriously, you're going to give yourself a stroke over this.

Please don't mistake the exclamation marks in my post as an indication of my own agitation level. That was infact a quote from the curse MCforums, sadly in a thread involving a modloader class member. Said quote came from the only person who responded to the guy.

gotyaoi is right, I'm quite calm. Though I am a little excited, defensive posts like yours can quickly snowball into the really fun threads we honor in the whalebox. I missed two really good ones about 2 weeks ago while on vacation, it was very disappointing.

Well, it frustrates us when people ask the same misplaced questions over and over. To actually answer their question might give them the impression that they had done something right. Then they might try and do it again, which is not what we want.

Nope.

Give em the forum and the answer, they just blindly take it then make the same mistake next time.

Make em search, they either give up and stop bothering us or they start thinking. Either way, we win.

If you can't be bothered to read the rules let alone follow them, 99% of the time you're an immature arrogant little prick who wants things answered/fixed instantly and with as little effort on your part as possible.

Other 1% of the time? Statistical error, refer to above.

• 4 months later...

Neo wolf was promoted? I miss the good stuff. Oh welp.

lol what a troll reported me XD might be a 7 yr old, yo kid get off the forums bitch

Sorry, I seem to have hit the report button while attempting to quote. And I quite like these forums, I have permission to civilly argue a case, while making you sound stupid with your own arguments.

Now, "get of the forums bitch," is good advice, please follow it, unless you stop arguing with people when arguing about a set of forums owned by the Curse group.

Good night.

lol what a troll reported me XD might be a 7 yr old, yo kid get off the forums bitch

I just want you to know that you are the sole reason that I have lost my faith in humanity. My money is now on Komodoo Dragons for most likely to succeed us and create a perfect utopia.

On topic: We don't encourage the use of cheating/hacking/griefing/irritating/screwingaroundwithfriendsinthatwaywherewetrytoannoyeachother clients. Don't expect to get far here, asking for things like that.

On a side note, he will probably get "worse" treatment at MCF then here, due to him mentioning Tekkit. Ehh, him asking for x-ray related stuff will probably give the fanboys more "reasons" to hate us. "OMFG ALL TEH TEKKIT PACK USERS R HAXORS, LOOK AT THIS POST AND MY 1337 RESPONSE!111111!"