greg199614

Extreme lag in all modpacks

Question

(First I can't find a topic of this so I don't really know where to post this)

Since a couple of weeks I am experiencing massive lag at all modpacks,

It start with the main menu, this one already lags to ***** about 2 FPS, normal minecraft is no problem and I run that with about 120-200 FPS. If i pause the game it jumps up to 120 FPS, when I open it up 0FPS..... strange, I have tried 1 GB up to 2,5 GB of RAM allocated. Also tried all Java versions but none of them change anything. even tried it with Java argments butt even that doesn't change anything. my logs are reporting nothing weird that it is skipping tickets or anything like that... I also tried to reinstall Java,Minecart,technic launcher and even my PC. Ran CC cleaner, all virus scans and they all came up with nothing. Also updated all of my drivers and they are now all up to date. I will list my PC specifications underneath.

OS: Windows 10    RAM: 12 GB    DirectX: 12   Video card: GeForce GTX960m 4GB dedicated 

So i don't know what else I can do now, I hope any of you can help me with this :)  

4 answers to this question

Hi,

Thanks for reacting. The problem still persist till this day, i tried it with the 4GB of ram and observed it, in total all the processes got about 2.5 GB in use and still i get 1 to 2 frames in the main menu screen. Its really weird cause the normal MC via MC ( so not via a tech launcher or so) I get 200FPS. I ran out of options a while ago :P

33 minutes ago, L1G1T_CL0WN said:

I am in the same situation. I have 8 GBytes of RAM, Intel HD5500 Graphics, and a 2.1GHz CPU. I get approx. 0.2 FPS with tech launcher, and a stable 200 FPS with vanilla MC launcher

I believe it may have something to do with the fact that we are both using Windows 10. I ran every pack I could find on MAC, and they run fine. they also run fine on windows 7/8/8.1, so until Windows 10.1 we might be stuck with the vanilla launcher

Nah, you are likely stuck with this situation due to Win10. I assume your java version is 8u101 or around that, why not try 8u25 and see if it helps? Just make sure to grab the x64 version.

On 2/11/2016 at 8:27 AM, greg199614 said:

Hi,

Thanks for reacting. The problem still persist till this day, i tried it with the 4GB of ram and observed it, in total all the processes got about 2.5 GB in use and still i get 1 to 2 frames in the main menu screen. Its really weird cause the normal MC via MC ( so not via a tech launcher or so) I get 200FPS. I ran out of options a while ago :P

I am in the same situation. I have 8 GBytes of RAM, Intel HD5500 Graphics, and a 2.1GHz CPU. I get approx. 0.2 FPS with tech launcher, and a stable 200 FPS with vanilla MC launcher

On 11/17/2015 at 8:44 AM, greg199614 said:

(First I can't find a topic of this so I don't really know where to post this)

Since a couple of weeks I am experiencing massive lag at all modpacks,

It start with the main menu, this one already lags to ***** about 2 FPS, normal minecraft is no problem and I run that with about 120-200 FPS. If i pause the game it jumps up to 120 FPS, when I open it up 0FPS..... strange, I have tried 1 GB up to 2,5 GB of RAM allocated. Also tried all Java versions but none of them change anything. even tried it with Java argments butt even that doesn't change anything. my logs are reporting nothing weird that it is skipping tickets or anything like that... I also tried to reinstall Java,Minecart,technic launcher and even my PC. Ran CC cleaner, all virus scans and they all came up with nothing. Also updated all of my drivers and they are now all up to date. I will list my PC specifications underneath.

OS: Windows 10    RAM: 12 GB    DirectX: 12   Video card: GeForce GTX960m 4GB dedicated 

So i don't know what else I can do now, I hope any of you can help me with this :)  

I believe it may have something to do with the fact that we are both using Windows 10. I ran every pack I could find on MAC, and they run fine. they also run fine on windows 7/8/8.1, so until Windows 10.1 we might be stuck with the vanilla launcher