Best Currency for Tekkit?!

Daxtilion

Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for currency plugins for a tekkit server? Our tekkit server has grown to 40+ players and we wanted to get a currency going to by items and land from other players. because of EE and the energy collectors most standard plugins such as "iconomey" are useless due to the majority of items being able to be condensed etc. :\

The main need is to sell off areas of land within cities and to sell items that people have built manufacturing lines for (eg. HV Solar Panels)

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks all!

iconomey, with settings to just those items you want sellable sold?

Honestly, as long as you HAVE EE /period/ you'll encounter massive inflation if people use items as trade. I'd recommend perhaps one of the 'currency for mob kills' style mods and not allow people to sell items for currency.

I don't think any currency system will work correctly with EE, period. EE creates EXPONENTIAL increase of wealth. Therefore, any price you set for an area of land will very rapidly become undervalued right before your eyes, in the span of a few hours or so, for the people who are building their EMC farms.

I'm serious: somebody who constantly builds more and more EMC farms can end up with literally MILLIONS of times more EMC than another guy who started at the same level but stopped expanding, in less than a week. No matter what your currency is, that guy will be able to just buy the entire city even when other people can't afford a single plot.

You either need to disable EE, or come up with a different system of distributing land, cause a free market won't work with that mod installed.

• 4 weeks later...

I am about to try disabling the crafting of Industrial Credits and use those. Hopefully I can have every player issued a certain amount for a portion of their items. While destruction of the coins is possible , you would only have the set amount in the game. This, of course, only will be possible if no one is op.

I am about to test this on my server and if you want I can tell you how it works.

• 3 weeks later...

I would very much like to know how the industrial credits worked as currency a I intend to do the same thing upon creation of my tekkit server

Terribly if you have EE enabled. Infinite iron = infinite refined iron = infinite industrial credits.

Iron ore.

Using ores actually sounds like a pretty good idea, unless there's something I'm forgetting about.

Terribly if you have EE enabled. Infinite iron = infinite refined iron = infinite industrial credits.

Using ores actually sounds like a pretty good idea, unless there's something I'm forgetting about.

But you can disable the recipe for them very easily.

If you disable the recipe though, it's no different to having /money or whatever. Just means using trade-o-mats instead of chestshops. Chestshop being the better option in my mind.

What is the benefit of having it naturally occuring?

The benefit of having what naturally occurring?

I think the benefit of having chestshops with iconomy or whatever plugin you use is that you have a lot more control over the price range of items. Trade-o-mats is like giving everything for a sale a value of between 1 and 64. Iconomy money can also be used to pay for things like warps and changing the weather or whatever.

Just for some clarification, I'm talking about using these shops in an admin shop setting, rather than player run stalls.

Actually I was intending on using the Trade-O-Mat and disabling the recipe for credits I'm trying to set up a small server of just some of my friends that play it where they can trade credits for services or items, with something like collector's being worth insane amounts, 128 stacks of credits to be precise, and when someone wants to buy one I spawn it in for them and take their credits for a sort of town value

You would be /much/ better off just using a /money type plugin in that case. Since the chest-o-mat caps at 64. Set up an admin shop, problem solved.

Though having EE and an item based econ is not really possable. If ee can make it, then it's going to become trivial to make.

Also, getting a collector naturally isn't a long process. So if you try to make them difficult to get by credits, people will just make them.

Assuming you have EE disabled (which anyone with half a neuron should do), the only items that can't be replicated using UU matter or scrapbox deployers are tungsten, uranium, and gems. That's what my server uses as economy nowadays - even though tungsten is painfully useless.

Why should EE be disabled? It's part of the mod pack make use of it, just disable certain parts, like no red matter tools, can't craft any part of the power flower, other than the condenser, and if you set a business type thing going, kind of like the yogscast with sips_ co, then there could be a company that specializes in all things magical

Collector's are also uncraftable, and myself and a classmate are building a town using this system on her server for just some friends, we'll see how it works out, max worth of most items to sell will only be 64 anyway

You made quite the jump there from 128 stacks of credits to just 64 credits. make sure you decide how you want it to work before you launch the server, it's tough to change later on without pissing off and screwing over some people.

Oh no, certain items are worth massive amounts, others are only worth a max of 64, such as collectors and relays being worth 128 stacks, and i'm talking about the mk 3 variants in that case. we take the approximate emc value of an item or its components and total that up, compare it to the emc cost of one credit (four iron ingots) and then divide its total by the crdits value, this is only for the higher end items such as hv solar arrays, others have a price we set, such as one credit for six cooked chicken and when businesses get set up they will be able to determine a price for their items and services. But if they make it too expensive others will just do it themselves.

Frankly, if you allow so much as the transmutation tablet in EE, your not going to have an econermy that even resembles working, less people are heavy on roleplay and don't touch it. (turn anything into iorn, make credits in mass, automate it exponentialy)

You can't automate 128 stacks of credits via a trade-o-mat anyway, just use an econermy plugin, scrap the credits, and then currency can be both non-duplicatable and available from mob kills e.t.c.

Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for currency plugins for a tekkit server? Our tekkit server has grown to 40+ players and we wanted to get a currency going to by items and land from other players. because of EE and the energy collectors most standard plugins such as "iconomey" are useless due to the majority of items being able to be condensed etc. :

The main need is to sell off areas of land within cities and to sell items that people have built manufacturing lines for (eg. HV Solar Panels)

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks all!

Dude, just use industrial credits from industial craft and disable(or change) their crafting

My idea is to just disable mk3 collecters and leave people with a limited amount of mk2 collecters or make them donate to server to use mk3 collecters. Mk3 ARE op , mk2 are strong as well but they aren't that strong. With my 1 mk2 flower with mk2 relays i got around 16RM in 1-2 days, that wasn't quite much (i didn't have an anchor tho)