so while we wait for mods to come to 1.3.2, why not uptating the mods we got?

Nightfury18

So the mods havent came out for 1.3.2 minecraft yet ( not to be confused with 1,3.2 tekkit)

But there are a lot of outaded mods for tekkit 1.3.2, One example is Ic2,

The version tekkit got now for ic2 is 1.97, and the latest is 1.103

And this update have been out for nearly 3 weeks now!

So why should we update? Well 1.3.2 ( minecraft) mods will probably take an other week or two, they will be fairly unstable and get an other update probably, and also there will take time for the mcportcentral community to make the mods run for the servers. we will probably have 1.4 be then.

also the new mods are already updated for craftbukkit( been now for nearly 2 weeks)

And the updated mods are more stable and have way better content then the old ones.

they run faster and are less crashy, and been nerfed,

The server version have been updated to, its more stabler, Works with multiworld

we can run better plugins, that works on R5.0 CraftBukkit ( or less)

So over all server version could be way better.

Here is some updated mods i have counted so far

Ic2, 1.103 r2

ComputerCraft 1.3.3 r2

Redpower 2.0p5b2 r18

Equivalent Exchange 1.4.6.5 r5

Railcraft 5.4.7

Modular Force Field System Version 2.0 V2.0 beta 3

Nuclear Control 1.1.11

WRCBE 1.2.2.6

Server.jar

For more go to http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5

And dont give me the *** that its hard and take long time to update the mods, I could do it in a hour. most of these updated mods uses the same confics and ids, so you dont need that much work anyway

If you want i can make an update for tekkit and call it like nightfury's client or something.

Thanks for reading, and i hope you dont take this as a rant, just want to have some flowing movement, thats all, :3

1, It actually is hard to update mods.

Every time tekkit updates, hundreds of servers have to go through updates. And there are always unforeseen problems.

2, Last time i checked the IC2 1.103 r2 port was somewhat buggy.

3, Go right ahead and make your own pack. A bunch of other people have tried to varying degrees of success. Good luck.

K, done

Client version http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?teaidmoji7e0nki( v0.12)

Replace you mod folder with that, currently updated 6 mods with no problem

Server version http://www.mediafire.com/?5f01lnqvoign7qr ( v0.12)

You need the plugins folder with the ccplugin in, to get Computer craft to work

Feel free to join my Nightfury server to! everything enabled and no whitelist

46.105.114.209:25567

Using nightfury client v0.1

I Don't own any of these mods, Credits should go to MCportcentral and the official mod makers. :)

*Updated Mffs and nuclear controll, Probably gonna update the more advance stuff like NEI tomorrow :3! Please tell me what to update next and i will do it in 10 minutes

1, It actually is hard to update mods.

Every time tekkit updates, hundreds of servers have to go through updates. And there are always unforeseen problems.

2, Last time i checked the IC2 1.103 r2 port was somewhat buggy.

3, Go right ahead and make your own pack. A bunch of other people have tried to varying degrees of success. Good luck.

Making your own pack is fairly useless usually. Because even if it's the zomg best pack ever, the playerbase doesn't have the client that goes with it. So nobody will join your server nearly as easily.

I could make my own pack in a couple hours too, but my players aren't willing to A) go to the effort or B) trust my own sketchy mediafire links.

nightfury18

Not that it means much coming from some random person on the internet, but good job!

So many people on these forums are incapable of even installing a mod, much less a server.

BC3 SMP is not completely stable, but go ahead and test it out.

Making your own pack is fairly useless usually. Because even if it's the zomg best pack ever, the playerbase doesn't have the client that goes with it. So nobody will join your server nearly as easily.

I could make my own pack in a couple hours too, but my players aren't willing to A) go to the effort or B) trust my own sketchy mediafire links.

While I mostly agree with you, there are a number successful servers, mine included, that run their own mod packs.

There is also software out there to help if you can make it work.

I would love to have some of the updates, mostly ccSensors as I think the new version has fixed the proximity sensor. ccSensors is version 017pr2 now. However the previous version, 017pr1, may need to be used due to it being ported to Bukkit.

Source: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1121555-125-cc133-ccsensors-adding-sensors-to-minecraft-now-with-smp/ (see "Previous versions" for the Bukket version)

Okay thanks, but now there's a new priority: ccSensors needs to not randomly crash or stop working when any one of half a dozen things happen (like using the player sensor to sense players... apparently. Or not including unnecessary special lines of code. Or if it's raining on a thursday). Still utterly useless for example, for a force field door. If it stops working I CANT break the sensor block and replace it, because its inside a secure facility... etc.

Okay thanks, but now there's a new priority: ccSensors needs to not randomly crash or stop working when any one of half a dozen things happen (like using the player sensor to sense players... apparently. Or not including unnecessary special lines of code. Or if it's raining on a thursday). Still utterly useless for example, for a force field door. If it stops working I CANT break the sensor block and replace it, because its inside a secure facility... etc.

Hence why updating it would be nice...

I thought Computer Craft was at 1.4 now? I might be wrong.

Though I kinda agree here, I would love to see the Mods update, especially if there's new content or new methods of doing things.

The only thing that I can come up with why it hasn't been updated yet might be because of any conflicts between the Mods or any bugs they are testing and trying to find patches for and things like that.

(Thought I'm going to end up using your updated pack to see if there's any new stuff x3.. I don't follow the Mod Dev's.. I like to be surprised)

I have been asking myself the exact same thing, about Tekkit not updating, for the past, well, month?

Looking at the Technicpack.net homepage, the latest news post is from August 13, which is over a MONTH ago...

No matter how much I like Tekkit, I'm almost getting the feeling that this is becoming an abandoned little hobby. ("feeling", mind you, before you start trying to burn me ;))

If not an update, at least a news post from the devs explaining what's taking them so long/why they're not updating would be nice.

Pfoo. Finally got that off my chest xD

Fair enough :)

EDIT:

Although, looking at previous posts on this thread, and from own experience, I can't help but wonder how immensely complicated this mod pack must be to still not have updated e.g. Buildcraft to their latest bukkit version for minecraft 1.2.5... (Insert sarcasm according to own taste)

Well, a fair amount of the Technic mods are updated to 1.3.2. I think Railcraft, IC2, and BC3 are, and EE3 and a few others are close to updating...

As for Tekkit, should probably be updated in approximately 2 weeks I'm guessing. (based on past updates)

We're likely going to be waiting on Redpower2. Eloraam only recently appeared on the Pahicraft server (direwolf20's SMP series), and they aren't running it yet. If they aren't running it, then it probably isn't anywhere near ready, yet.

um, last i checked Pahicraft server was still on 1.2.5, so a new redpower wouldn't be on it.

But besides that i agree with you, IC2 is updated, and im pretty sure BC is not far behind.

I heard in irc somewhere that RP was in private beta, but we'll see.

Right, and if you had paid any attention to the latter parts of the series, you would have known that they're basically waiting for Eloraam to give them a 1.3.2 version of RP2 so that they can reset the world and start fully testing the 1.3.2 mod interactions.