Trap to kill anyone (except FULL quantum) instantly

gavjenks

lvpTK.jpg

This is a fairly inexpensive trap setup that will kill in a single tick for anyone except people with all 4 quantum armor pieces. Yes, that means even if they have the armor but not boots, they will die instantly.

All the red blocks are HV transformers, except that last one way on the end. Thus this whole setup only costs 23 diamonds. And you could also use a mass fab instead of an MFSU at the end and it would be even cheaper.

The power source in the image is an HV solar array, but it could be ANYTHING. Even a single solar panel. HV solar will charge it up in 5 seconds, but an LV array would charge it still, it would just take 80 seconds. Honestly, how many people do you need to kill every 80 seconds?

You could also feed the power from the MFSU back to the beginning, and then it would charge every 1 or 2 seconds with just an LV to replace cable losses.

Anyway, basically how it works is every transformer can hold 4096 EU in its internal battery. So you turn off the splitter cable and let it charge up. Then when you turn on the splitter, and let energy go through, it slams past the uninsulated cable at all 40,000 EUs in a single tick (three transformers on the other end are needed to handle this volume at once for some reason). This is sufficient voltage to insta-kill anyone except full quantum, including:

-Anyone with any 3 pieces of quantum armor

-Anyone in full gem armor

-Anyone in any other armors, including full diamond armor with protection X

Obviously, to make a trap out of it, you hide everything except one block of the uninsulated wire (in the ceiling of a dark but interesting looking hallway or something), and then connect the splitter to a ccSensor or a pressure plate or an enticing lever, or whatever. Then BAM! instant crispy critter.

NOTE: If you hooked it up so the uninsulated wire was really long and looped through important hallways in your base, AND if you hooked up a system that placed and removed cables with a deployer and a block breaker, instead of a splitter cable (splitters cannot handle changing their state quickly for some reason), then this could be a very powerful base defense system. Also, hook the output to the input. Then calculate how much energy you have to replace every tick or however often you break and replace the cable, and supply that much external energy (probably not very much), and you have constant bolts of lethal electricity in your base all the time.

The range is approximately 1 block. Hence, "trap"

That is one block away from ANY HV cable though that you leave uninsulated in that middle part. It could be 100 blocks long and go all over the place, resulting in 400 blocks of kill zone

Also, don't forget you can make a floor out of covers... So this could snake around under your entire floor in a room (every other row in the floor, and all the remaining rows in the ceiling for full coverage), and people would be 1 block away and not know it until you turn it on.

Pretty easy trap, really.

The range is approximately 1 block. Hence, "trap"

That is one block away from ANY HV cable though that you leave uninsulated in that middle part. It could be 100 blocks long and go all over the place, resulting in 400 blocks of kill zone

Hm, do you think it would be possible to put a panel/cover (Whichever is the thinnest, I don't remember) on the cable to hide as much as possible, and still getting the guy zapped?

As a note on killing a FULL quantum, my testing showed that about 160,000 EU/T for about 3 seconds can drain and kill a quantum, so you would need about 480,000 EU/T to kill almost instantly, or about 240 HV transformers.

Just a thought. Anyone think quantum is OP?

However, kudos for the use of transformers-I was using a array of HV solars.

• 2 months later...
Guest Ysharma

Which way should the transformers be? I have one on my friends server with the high voltage ends facing to the insulated wire on all of the transformers is that correct?

Which way should the transformers be? I have one on my friends server with the high voltage ends facing to the insulated wire on all of the transformers is that correct?

The 3-dotted side needs to face the higher voltage.

Guest Ysharma

Figured out the trap in sp, but when i do it in smp and measure the 2 lv solar arrays with an eu reader during the day it shows no eu production